Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Insanely powerful and emotional song Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    But, that's my point... it shouldn't be about the guitar. The quality of the guitar only affects the sound quality (to a certain extent). You can play with emotion on any instrument.
    You can't put that emotion across as well with a recorder though can you, so the quality of the instrument or voice is actually important in getting the emotion across.

ReputationRep:
    That's who Scarlett Johannson covered? Hmm. My throat's already on fire as it is, don't think having to listen to him singing like that helped.

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty awful.

Here's a tune I recently stumbled on, not my usual cup of tea but I won't deny I like it >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl8iYAo90pE

ReputationRep:
    great song

ReputationRep:
    Hoarse drunk guy springs to mind..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kodias)
    That was pretty awful.

Here's a tune I recently stumbled on, not my usual cup of tea but I won't deny I like it >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl8iYAo90pE
    You're a ****. This is a Tom Waits thread and Enya of all people certainly isn't welcome.

OP I love Waits although considering his voice sounds more strained on that song than most of his other work, I don't think it's going to get the most positive response in this forum. Another of his more emotive songs, and one of my favourites:

ReputationRep:
    Insanely powerful and emotional song

This is my choice. The lyrics are amazing and the song in general is so haunting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissesTwishes)
    Insanely powerful and emotional song

This is my choice. The lyrics are amazing and the song in general is so haunting...
    No one asked for you choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    You're a ****. This is a Tom Waits thread and Enya of all people certainly isn't welcome.
    Put a sock in it. I'll consider playing that music again only if I need to scare away a wild animal.

Anyway, title of the thread doesn't say anything about Tom Waits, does it tough guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8WZ...eature=related

The Guitar in that shows more emotion than any voice can.
    Disagree. That was fairly emotionless tbh.

The guy singing here has been through so much and you can here it in his voice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    Disagree. That was fairly emotionless tbh.

The guy singing here has been through so much and you can here it in his voice.
    Fairly emotionless? Because he's showing his emotion trough a device other than his lyrics or voice? Kudos for Bonamassa for expressing it through his strings I think. Epic.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho

Meanwhile, in my opinion the most emotional song ever performed.

ReputationRep:

Pretty boring tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    Pretty boring tbf.
    tfbtbflmaoomgpmsl.......grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Fairly emotionless? Because he's showing his emotion trough a device other than his lyrics or voice? Kudos for Bonamassa for expressing it through his strings I think. Epic.
    I don't think it comes across :confused: Any good guitarist with a mellow tone that grimaces and sways a bit is suddenly very emotional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    I don't think it comes across :confused: Any good guitarist with a mellow tone that grimaces and sways a bit is suddenly very emotional?
    I'm talking about the sound he makes through the guitar, nothing to do with how he moves. And he is more than just a 'good guitarist'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about the sound he makes through the guitar, nothing to do with how he moves. And he is more than just a 'good guitarist'.
    Uh... Any good guitarist could get the same sound from a guitar. See, this is why I don't agree. An electric guitar is a machine. Two different guitarists can create the same sound as long as they use the same guitar. A voice is unique.

ReputationRep:
    Must link Kenyan Boys.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry bro, no' feelin' tha choooon.

ReputationRep:

Absolutely love this song. Good choice.

I couldn't listen to the first song for the sheer fact the vocals didn't meeet my tastes... sounded horrendous.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.