Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...as-Hitler.html

'Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is referred to as "Hitler" while President Nicolas Sarkozy of France is called a "naked emperor" in US documents released by Wikilieaks on Sunday.'
    I'm interesteed to know how George W Bush was referred too in Iranian political circles. While not condoning the US in its childish name calling I'll bet you'll find most Governments hold national leaders in disdain.

ReputationRep:
    Der Spiegel newspaper in Germany have begun to release some of the information that they're publishing tomorrow, and the first revelation is that Hillary Clinton told US diplomats to spy on other countries in the UN in New York.

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian have just published an article about it. Might contain some revelations, as Der Spiegel have just begun releasing some information, too. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...plomacy-crisis

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/all

link to more docs

ReputationRep:
    Guardian:

Among scores of other disclosures that are likely to cause uproar, the cables detail:

• Grave fears in Washington and London over the security of Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme. •?Alleged links between the Russian government and organised crime.

•?Devastating criticism of the UK's military operations in Afghanistan.

•?Claims of inappropriate behaviour by a member of the British royal family.

-Arab leaders are privately urging an air strike on Iran and that US officials have been instructed to spy on the UN's leadership.

Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    It's our right to see the truth and disregard media propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    It starts

Guardian

the Guardian can disclose that Arab leaders are privately urging an air strike on Iran and that US officials have been instructed to spy on the UN's leadership.

Scandalous!

ReputationRep:
    I like how everyone is so shocked by these 'leaks'.
    As though anyone with a brain wouldn't realise already that governments actually deal with other countries not completely honestly.
    You must realise, as allied as countries can be, all countries are inherently enemies.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell.

I just got to this bit.

The electronic archive of embassy dispatches from around the world was allegedly downloaded by a US soldier earlier this year and passed to WikiLeaks

This cannot be serious? One soldier getting so much confidential information? I wonder if it was a general??

ReputationRep:
    Vladimir Putin as an "alpha-dog", LOL

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that this is going to be a bit of an anti climax.

Is it going to make any unexpected explosive revelations or is it just going to be gossip like "the Whitehouse said Cameron is a posh Etonian ponce".

As for stuff insinuating that the US wants to push an aggressive foreign policy in the Middle East, then no sh-t Sherlock!

These leaks will be interesting if something comes out which blindsides us, like finding out that the US knew Peter Mandleson was a KGB agent, or that Bin Laden is on the payroll of BP. I hope it's not going to be just stuff telling us that the US exploits the Third World for its own ends, it will hardly be a world exclusive will it.

ReputationRep:
    Article in the Telegraph claiming that one of the documents calls Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "Hitler".

Pray tell, how this will help Western relations with the East?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    Has anyone downloaded that file Wikileaks put up on PirateBay? Apparently if Julian Assange is killed, you'll be able to open up the file. It's all rather intriguing.
    On a side note. If rumours are true that Turkey has aided Al Qaida, what should be done with our Nato ally?
    And what of the alleged 'corrupt senior politicians'?
    Nothing will be done. The US and Saudi Arabia (you know, that massive **** hole in the middle of the desert that happens to have a load of oil underneath it) are known to have used al Qaeda and it's affiliates when it suited them.

ReputationRep:
    WikiLeaks is what happens when the entire US government is forced to go through a full-body scanner. Sure, the documents will have a big impact. Only the truth can set us free, but whether or not this statement is true, only time will tell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    What the hell.

I just got to this bit.

The electronic archive of embassy dispatches from around the world was allegedly downloaded by a US soldier earlier this year and passed to WikiLeaks

This cannot be serious? One soldier getting so much confidential information? I wonder if it was a general??
    Wasn't it a data analyst?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...es-saudis-iran

****ing hell!! Israel wanted war with iran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Wasn't it a data analyst?
    I just reached the bit where it says who the source was.

Last spring, 22-year-old intelligence analyst Bradley Manning was charged with leaking many of these cables, along with a gun-camera video of an Apache helicopter crew mistakenly killing two Reuters news agency employees in Baghdad in 2007, which was subsequently posted by WikiLeaks. Manning is facing a court martial.

I saw that Apache video earlier today actually, it's on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858895

ReputationRep:
    The New York Times have released stuff, too. Apparently, Iran have been buying North Korean missiles based on a Russian design, and that they're much more advanced than the US have been letting on

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/w...ecrets.html?hp

ReputationRep:
    Cameron should resign.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.