Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

not eaten for 5 days Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had this, i didn't eat for over a week and put myself in hospital. It hurt me sooo much to eat and I slept most of the time because I was too weak to move. Please get yourself to a doctor, if it's similar to what I had then the worst can be avoidable with help x

ReputationRep:
    If you say it "goes straight through you" then it sounds like you're ill. See a doctor
    Oh, and stress can cause appetite changes, are you going through a particularly stressful time at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    It could be many different things - a stomach bug, an infection, even an intestinal blockage. (if it really hurts to eat) I had something like this and it went away after about a week, but if it is something more serious like a blockage it can be really serious, so I recommend seeing a doctor about it. Try to get your energy up by drinking lots of energy drinks and eating what you can. Take care.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't eaten anything for five days, then there'll be some discomfort to start with, probably. Just keep it light and built it up, fibrous stuff. But do eat even with no appetite, it's so cold!

ReputationRep:
    Please go and see your doctor!

I completely lost my appetite when I was ill a while ago, and the doctor's advice was that I tried eating ice cream and drinking ginger beer. (Seriously.) It kickstarted my appetite, so it might be worth a try for you before your appointment with a doctor, but please go and make one! Five days without food isn't a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there... I'm going through this myself! My situation came after a work injury. I noticed one day that it had been "three days since I'd eaten anything" (as I noted to a friend). Then I tried and it hurt alot. A few days later, same thing. And again and again (I guess you know that feeling, huh?)

What I do is this, I keep vitamins in me, drink as much fluid as I can and rely heavily on chicken noodle soups (keep your salt level low).

I don't really have any ADVICE to give (aside from ^ ) but I wanted you to know you're not alone. Stress can do really strange things to the body and mind.

Do check with a doc though, just to be sure...

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctor, please!!! Until then I'd recommend Buildup, Complan or Scandishakes they are special nutrition and engery milkshakes which should help give you some of the nutrients you'll be otherwise missing out on.

ReputationRep:
    hi speaking from my experience of an illness they couldn't find out. I was 18, 16st7lb Feb 2013 and I decided not to eat anything so I set myself a target of 5 weeks to get down to 12st I got 5 weeks down the line and was 14st10lb and that wasn't enough so I carried on not eating and before I knew it weighing myself everyday to make sure I lost at least 1lb all I survived on was blue milk and fizzy drink which isn't healthy for u but by the time Feb 2014 came round I still didn't eat anything not a thing and I was 6st 7lb and thought I was still really fat it made me go from 5 weeks of trying to lose a little weight and turned into an eating disorder where my bones where on show and no one could come near me coz it was self inflicted on April 2014 I weighed 5st10lb and was on the verge of seriously harming my body to death so the doctor told me but only I managed to pull myself out of it by trying to eat a tiny piece of chicken from a Chinese special rice I managed to swallow it and started building back up from that but now it's Nov 2015 I'm bk to 16st ish and I've started with it again to lose the weight I know it's not ok but I can't trigger my brain to help me out. my advise is please get some help you don't want to end up like me as there is no point.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.