Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do guys think of women that don't ever want children Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    What's wrong with a negative birth rate?

Don't you think the world is over populated?
    Many places are overpopulated but in Europe its the other way around. Societies are aging which places huge burdens on the state to support the old and if there aren't young people to pay taxes and work in the economy, after a while there won't be much of a country left.

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll probably be able to have a decent career

ReputationRep:
    Having no children is like leaving no mark in this world(If you're not famous for achieveing something). When you die you would just be gone whereas having children is like leaving a part of you in the world...some sort of legacy...that you've served a purpose. Just my opinion I still fully respect people's decision to not want children.

ReputationRep:
    Not interested in children in the slightest. I'll never say I won't change my mind, but as it stands I certainly don't see kids in my future. I have absolutely no desire for them!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I find the posts on this thread kind of alarming. :lolwut: If they're actually serious that is...

I guess I'm fortunate to have a bf who doesn't want kids either, albeit for different reasons from mine.

ReputationRep:
    indifferent, it's up to them, though I'd say it's likely at if they feel like that at a young age, they may well change their attitude when they're a little older.

As of now I'd be fine with that as I don't want children, but then I am 19, that view may have totally changed in 10 years time.

It doesn't really say anything about them as a person to me.

I must say I'm quite surprised by the response especially from males, not sure why really..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    Okay, I find the posts on this thread kind of alarming. :lolwut: If they're actually serious that is...

I guess I'm fortunate to have a bf who doesn't want kids either, albeit for different reasons from mine.
    i find the fact that there are women out there who don't want kids at any point of their life disgusting tbh

how can u not want at LEAST a son/daughter when u grow up? seriously, that's ****ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ucasisannoying)
    i find the fact that there are women out there who don't want kids at any point of their life disgusting tbh

how can u not want at LEAST a son/daughter when u grow up? seriously, that's ****ed
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    How people are with kids says a lot about them as a person I say. A girl who doesn't want kids is pretty unattractive. That said, I'm sure most of them will change their minds at some point!
    What does it say about them as a person?

ReputationRep:
    I'd respect their choice completely, but I couldn't stay with them.
    I really, really want children. So I'd find it very difficult to be with a women, no matter how much I loved her, who didn't share that mentality. Not that there's anything wrong with her having that choice, each to their own of course, but I'd have to think about staying.
    Actually, saying that, if I like someone that much, then I guess I'd respect their idea and stay with them for what their choices are. Not for what their choices aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhiani-ani-on)
    I'm gonna guess your one of those women? Just curious, why don't you want them?
    I am like that, I don't think I'll ever have children, I just don't want them, I am not saying I'll never have them becasue I could change my mind, I don't think I will.

I think it will be different for every guy. If the guy really wants children it would be a problem, but if they don't or are not bothered it probably would make a difference.

x
    Same!!

ReputationRep:

It's just as legitimate as wanting children. Nothing disgusting or fu**ed up about either decision.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite fine to not what children. Many women are happy with being childfree and live their lives fine without having children, you shouldn't feel down because of what some narrow-minded people think.

Many male and female celebrities are child free by choice. Take Helen Mirren, Ralph Fiennes, Kim Cattrall etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    What does it say about them as a person?
    Well generally (and it is a generalisation) that if someone is friendly and likes kids, they're more likely to be a nicer person who is more in touch with their playful/gentle side.

People who dislike children seem to be either selfish, cold, uncaring etc.

It's obviously not a full proof rule, but if someone said they didn't like kids and never wanted to have them... well I'd look twice.

ReputationRep:

Because the world's orphanages aren't already full, and the resources already straining. :rolleyes:

I don't want to be tied down. Does that make me a bad person.

ReputationRep:
    I find them immature and selfish, and basically quite naive.
    I'd assume they were ardent atheists, love human rights and homosexuality, as well as animal rights but only for the furry ones. Also they love demonstrating and suspect haircuts..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    Well generally (and it is a generalisation) that if someone is friendly and likes kids, they're more likely to be a nicer person who is more in touch with their playful/gentle side.

People who dislike children seem to be either selfish, cold, uncaring etc.

It's obviously not a full proof rule, but if someone said they didn't like kids and never wanted to have them... well I'd look twice.
    I found the opposite to what you have my friend has many nieces and nephews and is very caring, but doesn't want any for herself. It is a very silly blanket statement to make when people with children can be selfish, cold and uncaring too.

ReputationRep:
    Life well wasted.

ReputationRep:
    I love children, I just don't want any of my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    I found the opposite to what you have my friend has many nieces and nephews and is very caring, but doesn't want any for herself. It is a very silly blanket statement to make when people with children can be selfish, cold and uncaring too.
    I know it was a blanket statement, that's why I mentioned twice that it was a generalisation and not full proof. I know full well a love of kids doesn't automatically make you a wonderful person... I've just noticed a trend :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.