Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm Pakistani ... I love spitting at people/on the pavement/cars whilst walking down the street and throwing litter on the floor. I'm going to try jumping the queue next time I visit the bank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    do you know of any specifically pakistani areas which are like this?

How can you compare oxford street to a pakistani community in britian?
    Go to a bank and the queues will be orderly and people wil be waiting to be served.
    It was a semi joke ffs, you're coming off across as really racist btw

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it isn't isolated to some Pakistanis, as someone mentioned before, it's more due to poverty.

Middle class areas, have these tedious 'village community sessions' you attend that help maintain an 'image'.

Dearie me.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the worst areas in the UK have no immigrants. I suggest a visit to Stoke, Dundee or any impoverished northern town/city in the UK. There's an area in Scotland which has a lower life expectancy than Bangladesh and it has virtually no immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    Yes but there's not a great deal of difference between Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, after all they were both considered Pakistanis at one time and if you go further back they were both just Muslim Indians. Pakistan/India/Bangladesh are arbitary national constructs based around religion rather than culture (sans the religious cultural aspects).

Also yeah I study at QMUL up the road, parts of QMUL's medical campus is in Whitechapel aswell. I pity the medical students having to visit that craphole every day. It's so odd aswell because you walk ten minutes down the street you're in the City of London, the financial capital of the world where the streets are like paved with gold.
    Are you dumb?

ReputationRep:
    Same could be said about areas with the majority of people being indian/bengali/sri lankan/african/jamaican/british etc
    Thanx for the neg rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenforce)
    its just for all asians..i think they dont leave their dirty background back specially the indians
    I used to live in well of area which has a large pakistan india population etc.

The driving and selfish laziness is horrific, they drive around the roundabout the wrong way because it saves 5 seconds but ofc endangers lives and livelhood.

Disgusting selfish people whom will take 200 years befoe they learn to live like civiziled western people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Are you dumb?
    Obviously you are for having to ask that. There are dozens of ethnicites in the sub continent but all share cultural traits and ways of life. There's no greater difference between a Pakistani and Bangladeshi than there is between someone from Travancore and someone from Delhi.

Whereas there is a massive difference between that culture and the British culture, which is a much more respectful and polite culture. British people would form a queue to get into a queue if they had the chance, people from India and Pakistan just pile in and everyone is for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinpoint)
    I'm Pakistani ... I love spitting at people/on the pavement/cars whilst walking down the street and throwing litter on the floor. I'm going to try jumping the queue next time I visit the bank.
    I was walking once, there was this Pakistanni guy and he spat. I gave him the dirtiest look, and he apologised. Felt well hard.

Seriously he did spit. I got annoyed. Then this stupid girl in urdu, goes "why you apologising for?" I think they didn't know I understood what they were saying. But she should know better. Quite unlady like of her to say that.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously you are for having to ask that. There are dozens of ethnicites in the sub continent but all share cultural traits and ways of life. There's no greater difference between a Pakistani and Bangladeshi than there is between someone from Travancore and someone from Delhi.
    Again are you dumb?

Whereas there is a massive difference between that culture and the British culture, which is a much more respectful and polite culture. British people would form a queue to get into a queue if they had the chance, people from India and Pakistan just pile in and everyone is for themselves.
    :rofl:

How many times have you been to Pakistan and India?

ReputationRep:
    The OP is clearly a troll and is not worthy of a response.

Yes but there's not a great deal of difference between Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, after all they were both considered Pakistanis at one time and if you go further back they were both just Muslim Indians. Pakistan/India/Bangladesh are arbitary national constructs based around religion rather than culture (sans the religious cultural aspects).

Also yeah I study at QMUL up the road, parts of QMUL's medical campus is in Whitechapel aswell. I pity the medical students having to visit that craphole every day. It's so odd aswell because you walk ten minutes down the street you're in the City of London, the financial capital of the world where the streets are like paved with gold.
    There is a massive difference between the cultures and casing point being the 1971 war between both countries due to the fact of the vast cultural differences between the countries although other factors surely came into play, it was 'culture' and a failure on Z.A.Bhutto to address this issue that lead to the seperation of West and East Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinpoint)
    only in habib bank for your sharia account.... not in our barclays..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    It was a semi joke ffs, you're coming off across as really racist btw
    racist? nah!

I just wanna see if other pakistanis agree with the cultural attitudes/behaviour of thier fellow pakistanis...

ReputationRep:

yeh but thats because the british have a queue fetish.... we know if free booze was being handed out the queue would vanish and it would be absolute carnage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    I was walking once, there was this Pakistanni guy and he spat. I gave him the dirtiest look, and he apologised. Felt well hard.

Seriously he did spit. I got annoyed. Then this stupid girl in urdu, goes "why you apologising for?" I think they didn't know I understood what they were saying. But she should know better. Quite unlady like of her to say that.
    'unlady like'..... not something the british can complain of!

ReputationRep:
    Areas containing a high population of Pakistanis tend to be cities, in the UK.
    Cities are dirtier/more polluted/more traffic congested/have more lower class habitants/higher and busier population than suburbs on average, regardless of ethnic minorities.

Yes my grammar is poor but it's late =[ ahah

ReputationRep:
    Had a discussion during lunch with some Pakistanis and it came around to different Pakistani communities across Britain. One guy had the view that wherever there was a commmunity which was majority Pakistani, then the living and social conditions were somewhat worse for wear. Examples such as litter on the footpaths, people spitting everywhere, no order on the roads (people cutting over, stopping in the middle of traffic to greet friends in nearby cars etc; essentially creating a traffic system similar to that in Karachi; well perhaps not as bad!)

Another thing was knowing how to form an orderly queue and waiting ones turn for service (ie. in a bank)....

there are other such examples...... Now I don't necessarily agree with this but can see where the guy was coming from)

Not having a go at pakistanis, but would like to hear from any Pakistanis who agree with such a generalisation (especially from those who live in areas of high pakistani numbers; up north etc
    I see where your coming from.

The main explanation for this is the fact that the majority of people settled in this country from Asian countries such as Pakistan and Bangladesh are from very poor and uneducated backgrounds. When the migration opportunities came about for people to come over, it was mainly the unemployed came over looking for work, who went into mostly manual work. Such as textile industries in the north.
    Why would a lawyer or solicitor from a educated background from these countries come over to do manual work?

If you were to gather 10'000 English white people, who are unemployed, never really had a career, low levels of education etc and place them in another city in a different country, for the people of that country, they would represent English people on the whole aswell. We all know this is an unfair representation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamil1987)
    I see where your coming from.

The main explanation for this is the fact that the majority of people settled in this country from Asian countries such as Pakistan and Bangladesh are from very poor and uneducated backgrounds. When the migration opportunities came about for people to come over, it was mainly the unemployed came over looking for work, who went into mostly manual work. Such as textile industries in the north.
    Why would a lawyer or solicitor from a educated background from these countries come over to do manual work?

If you were to gather 10'000 English white people, who are unemployed, never really had a career, low levels of education etc and place them in another city in a different country, for the people of that country, they would represent English people on the whole aswell. We all know this is an unfair representation.
    I agree that a persons education and social /cultural background has an affect on their behaviour.

You anywhere near luton.... Problems with the whites and pakistanis there...... they pakistanis apparently have their own trafffic laws in their neighbourhood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpineedsomebody)
    I used to live in well of area which has a large pakistan india population etc.

The driving and selfish laziness is horrific, they drive around the roundabout the wrong way because it saves 5 seconds but ofc endangers lives and livelhood.

Disgusting selfish people whom will take 200 years befoe they learn to live like civiziled western people
    I am shocked and horrified at your nightmare at the round-about.

Why do you think there arent any round-abouts in Pakistan, theyve been banned.
    Also one town planner designed a round-about in Islamabad, he was soon executed.

ReputationRep:
    racist? nah!

I just wanna see if other pakistanis agree with the cultural attitudes/behaviour of thier fellow pakistanis...
    But its not just pakistanis though? so why pin it on just that one country. You mentioned Whitechapel, which happens to be mainly Bangladeshi. So you obviously dont know the difference?

You say its all the same thing? There is a 2000km gap between Pakistan and Bangladesh. Britain is close to france, germany and spain, but would you say english people are the same as french people??

So my question is what have you got against pakistan?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.