Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does it bother you when people use wrong grammar/spelling on TSR? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, unless the whole sentence/essay is full of mistake then it would definitely bother me.
    We're here to learn anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    The Road to El Darado :love:
    Is it ironic you misspelled the name of the film? :rolleyes:

Haha, it's my favourite film of all time . I mean, it was Forrest Gump for years... but I've decided nothing can beat the sheer awesomeness of Miguel and Tulio

ReputationRep:
    Only in personal statements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    Is it ironic you misspelled the name of the film? :rolleyes:

Haha, it's my favourite film of all time . I mean, it was Forrest Gump for years... but I've decided nothing can beat the sheer awesomeness of Miguel and Tulio
    I can't believe I did that. :rofl:
    That's shameful. :lol:

It's one of my favourite disney films! Definately underrated.
    I love Forrest Gump as well.

ReputationRep:
    On TSR, no. On Facebook/BBM or generally speaking to me - most of the time, yes. I can't stand when people purposely spell things wrong or abbreviate a word to something else when it has the exact amount of letters! What is the point.. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Paindu
    I got called that in Pakistan by a guy working in Pizza hut :/
    I was like, I come from england though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHar)
    Amen bro! I mean, their nuts!
    They're nuts.

I couldn't help myself.

ReputationRep:
    I love reading books, so that's probably where my frustration began of criticising people for the incorrect use of grammar and poor spelling.

The worst mistake anyone can make is spelling "definitely" as "definately", "grammar" as "grammer" and "dependent" as "dependant."

ReputationRep:
    And of course using "your" and "you're" in the wrong context. Oh and spelling your/you're as "Yurr" - Just no.

ReputationRep:
    W4NKER

ReputationRep:
    It bothers me ALOT

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I can't believe I did that. :rofl:
    That's shameful. :lol:

It's one of my favourite disney films! Definately underrated.
    I love Forrest Gump as well.

What I can't believe, is that the reviews weren't very good for it . I mean, the characters are loveable, the animation is wonderful and it has more quote-able moments than Mark Twain! It's my sister and I's "bonding" mechanism in that we both know most the script off by heart

In year 6, I was so obsessed with Forrest Gump I spoke in a Forrest style southern-US drawl for about 2 weeks. My friends thought I was just trying to be a cow boy. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It bothers me when I can't understand the sentence. Particularly in Debate and Discussion, where understanding the exact meaning of every single sentence is vital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascendansy)
    They're nuts.

I couldn't help myself.
    *Sigh*, look at the post I quoted.

We both did it quite intentionally

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't believe that pointing out someone's spelling and grammar makes me more intelligent.

(Original post by lonely14)
      But if their whole post is filled with wrong spellings and grammatical errors - I wouldn't take them seriously. :nah:
      Are you listening, yoyo?! :eyeball:

(Original post by yoyo462001)
      !!!

ReputationRep:
      A couple of little mistakes? No, of course not. That's just being picky. If they're just doing it for the sake of it, because they think it makes them look cool or they're too lazy to reach for the shift button then yes, punctuation, grammar and spelling were invented to make communication easier. Yes, I might be able to work out what you mean, but I'd rather not have to put in a lot of effort to do so, I'd like just to be able to read a well thought out and written paragraph.

I also do like to point it out when people make mistakes while correcting other people.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah. We're The Student Room not Yahoo Answes. Have a bit of dignity people, and make an effort.

ReputationRep:
      No

i make them myself accidentally... and sometimes when i do notice i cba to edit :p:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by + polarity -)
      Are you listening, yoyo?! :eyeball:
      :confused: I'm sorry. Was this a joke?

There're so many jokes on TSR I don't get. :sigh::ashamed2:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.