Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tips for getting over your ex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    mate you sound in a great mood considering whats happened, i split up with my girlfriend in march (3 years relationship) and tbh, you're either putting on a brave face, or you're a strong individual .

anyway..... the facebook idea's a good one, trying to take up a hobby is another one... sports etc.

oh, and 99% of relationships ended for a reason, going back to them is not moving on in life, its moving backwards. imo anyway.

(Original post by Anonymous)
      Thanks Darren, much appreciated!
      You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
      The best tool for revenge is success.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      Anyone have any tips for getting over their ex-partners? My girlfriend of 3+ years has recently finished with me and I just can't get over it or her.

My house mates have been awesome, friends amazing and even to my surprise my parents have been so caring and helpful, but I'm still struggling an immense amount

I have read the break up article on here and its actually been pretty useful

Any advice would be greatly appreciated . Or should I just try and try to win her back? Would she like this? Would it work? or do I just have to move on?

Thank you
      break ups are never easy even after a 3 year relationship. If the break up was over something silly then there is a chance of getting back together but if the break up was over something that is not silly, don't bother.

It will get easier over time, time is the best cure but never go into a different relationship as you'll be still hankering over your ex so give it time. Make the most out of being single, hang out with friends and family, get drunk with friends.

good luck

and take darren advice first

ReputationRep:
      I'm gonna sound like a right saddo but I find that reading the chapters about Love and Sorrow from Khalil Gibran's The Prophet helps to understand why I'm in so much pain. I came out of a 7 year relationship in the summer.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Turn your love into hate or just let time heal you.

ReputationRep:
      Haagen-Dazs ice-cream when you're feeling low and take new hobbies, something to draw your mind into.

ReputationRep:
      Delete her number and facebook, time will heal all. You're young and there's no such thing as the one.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.