Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cher Lloyd will win X-Factor 2010 - The type of voters are female popstar 'wannabes'. Watch

ReputationRep:
    She will probably win because people who know nothing about music who need so called 'talent' to be fed to them on a spoon will spend £65 'voting'... thats is unless every single mother, deluded teenage girl and overly camp males spend more on someone else, because lets be honest, no one else in such a majority is going to vote for this utter tripe of a television show.

Also she is pretty ugly. In that video she looks horrendous and the little banner underneath shows how much photoshop is needed to make her look good (although i think it makes her look worse) and the image on the right makes her look like she has smoked a few rocks in a few alleys.

If you actually had proper talent on any of these shows people like Cher wouldn't make it past the first round. Imagine if she was up against Bjork, Erykah Badu, Steve Nicks, Kirsty Hawkshaw, Mariah Carey, Lou Rhodes (just to name a few talented female singers who are still at work/recent)

oh wait that would never happen as most talented musicians acquire fame because they are talented musicians, not filling a sales criteria on a fixed show or making a terrible catchy song (see top 40) and drilling it into your head on soulless mainstream radio shows hosted and owned by try hard and scared individuals who dont want to see a drop in listeners.

She will be forgotten just like every other 'winner' when she has milked all she was put into the spotlight for which is probably people like OP who think she is amazing and awsum and everything that sucks the life out of music with its banal unimaginative bull**** methods throwing average singers in your face denying actual talent a chance at success based on profit and 'whats in'

**** the xfactor and all other shows of its kind that define talent by popularity, drowning that admirable trait in a sea of shallow, materialistic bull****.

/rant.

Say i've been trolled or whatever, but music is important to me and i hate to see it tarnished like this so im just ranting to get my views across lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    She will probably win because people who know nothing about music who need so called 'talent' to be fed to them on a spoon will spend £65 'voting'... thats is unless every single mother, deluded teenage girl and overly camp males spend more on someone else, because lets be honest, no one else in such a majority is going to vote for this utter tripe of a television show.

Also she is pretty ugly. In that video she looks horrendous and the little banner underneath shows how much photoshop is needed to make her look good (although i think it makes her look worse) and the image on the right makes her look like she has smoked a few rocks in a few alleys.

If you actually had proper talent on any of these shows people like Cher wouldn't make it past the first round. Imagine if she was up against Bjork, Erykah Badu, Steve Nicks, Kirsty Hawkshaw, Mariah Carey, Lou Rhodes (just to name a few talented female singers who are still at work/recent)

oh wait that would never happen as most talented musicians acquire fame because they are talented musicians, not filling a sales criteria on a fixed show or making a terrible catchy song (see top 40) and drilling it into your head on soulless mainstream radio shows hosted and owned by try hard and scared individuals who dont want to see a drop in listeners.

She will be forgotten just like every other 'winner' when she has milked all she was put into the spotlight for which is probably people like OP who think she is amazing and awsum and everything that sucks the life out of music with its banal unimaginative bull**** methods throwing average singers in your face denying actual talent a chance at success based on profit and 'whats in'

**** the xfactor and all other shows of its kind that define talent by popularity, drowning that admirable trait in a sea of shallow, materialistic bull****.

/rant.

Say i've been trolled or whatever, but music is important to me and i hate to see it tarnished like this so im just ranting to get my views across lol
    lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.