The Student Room Group

To anyone in a relationship.

Scroll to see replies

1 year 1 month.
I'm 18 he's 22.
Yes it is serious.
We have to an extent -- we've agreed that we'd be ****ing idiots to ever split up as we're so great together (never had an argument the whole time we've been together), so therefore in theory we should last forever :p: we both want to get married and have kids, but I'd say the only thing we've seriously agreed on is that we'd move in together when I finish uni.
Reply 21
How long have you been in the relationship? 2 years
How old are you? 19
Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? Yes
Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? No
How long have you been in the relationship? Since June 2006, so about 4 and a half years :biggrin:
How old are you? We're both 18, I'll be 19 next month... It was a school bus romance :')
Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'? Definitely. We've been on holidays, practically live at each other's houses when I'm not at uni :smile:, we're already like a part of each other's families really.
Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc? Well, I'm in it for the long-run. A friend of mine (age 18) got married recently, and it got me thinking; I can definitely see us married, with a family etc. Can't imagine us ever not being together really :/ But I don't want to rush into things. We'll be finishing uni and getting ourselves established properly before we think about a wedding! :s-smilie:
Reply 23
How long have you been in the relationship?
3 years.

How old are you?
19 (he's 21)

Do you consider the relationship to be 'serious'?
Of course.

Do you see yourself staying with your partner forever, having a family etc?
Most definitely. It'd be strange though, seeing as we eachother's first and not many people stay together with their first sweethearts, so who knows? We've talked about baby names though (not sure how serious that was, on either of our parts) and made jibes about how "I hope she gets my nose, because yours deserves it's own postcode!" etc.
Three years next weekend.
I'm twenty, he's nineteen. Toyboys are the best.
Yeah, it's 'serious'.
I have no idea what will happen in the future. We're like a married couple already. We've managed some turbulent circumstances over the past three years, and have managed it quite well, but we're still young. We've both changed quite considerably since we got together, and will change in the future, and I might end up hating him haha. I won't pretend I haven't thought about it, but we'll see.
Reply 25
3 years 8 months
Yes I do consider it serious its a considerable amount of time and atm we're long distance which I wouldn't do if I wasn't serious.
I hope so, if I didn't see some kind of future I wouldn't be in a relationship especially a LDR but a lot can change, we're only 20 and I'm not going to pretend that life is some big fairytale. We've talked about it briefly so we're on the same page.
Reply 26
6 years on monday

How old are you?
20, he's 22

very =]

yep, we are planning to live together after uni and get things started =]
3 years (and 2 months :wink: )
Both 17
Yes, it's pretty serious :smile:
God knows! We have Uni to get through first! I think we'd both like to, but we have a lot to get through first, who knows what'll happen? :smile:
Reply 28
Damn do girls only date older guys or something lol
Bit more than a year an' a half
22/23
Yes, quite
Dono. We live togetha now but more like two exuberant kids in a shed than man and wife, so who'd know the futur?
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you?

Just over 2 years
I'm 20, he's 21
Yes, we live together
I can see it happening, but I don't like to count my chickens
Reply 31
3 years and 8 months.

I am 18.

I'd say my relationship is serious.

I do see myself staying with my partner forever, however things may change. :dontknow:
Reply 32
Original post by Cicerao
1 year.
18 & 28.
Yes.
Marriage, yes.

Someone's a cradle snatcher!
Reply 33
2 years 2 months
I'm 20, he's 26
yes - but its LDR england to France, only seeing each other once every 3 months or so so very hard
Before I moved to France i would have said definitely, but now i don't know... we agreed this year would make or break us...at the moment its breaking us...so i don't know what the future has in store, i just hope we can make it through, but at the same time alot of his, and my faults are beginning to show, and the cracks are getting bigger every day.
2 years

How old are you?

Yes very

Yes I do, we've discussed it and want to live together. We've been long distance during term time for the whole two years. He took an internship this year so will graduate a year later than me. I plan to go home and save some money when I graduate, so I will be just a 30 min train ride from him.
Funnily enough I think living so close will be our biggest obstacle so far. I don't want to intrude on his 3rd year too much....we'll have to find a balance.
Reply 35
2 years
I'm 19, he's 25
Yes
Right now, yes, but things may change. I'm no psychic, but I'd be happy if we did stay together :-)
2.5 years
21 (he's 24)
Yes - we live together.
No family (I don't want children), and I'll take it as it comes.
I'd be willing to bet that at least 90% of all the people who have replied will not be marrying/spending the rest of their lives with their current bf/gf.
Interesting responses. I wouldn't have expected so many long term and serious relationships, and so many that plan on starting families and so on.

I've been with my partner for over a year and half.
We're both 22.
It's about as serious as a brain tumour :p: We live together (renting atm) and when the let is up we plan on buying somewhere. We're pretty integrated into each others families etc.
We're practically married as it is :p: But yes, I can't ever see us not being together.
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you?

2 years 7 months and 6 days.
20 (she's 20 too, she's exactly 2 months older than me).
Yes, we live together.
I'd never get into a relationship if I couldn't see myself being in that relationship with them forever, so yes I can see myself having a family with my partner.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending