Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you dump him for this or let it go? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin88)
    WHEN WE WERE BROKEN UP- exactly! He did this dinner thing when we were IN A RELATIONSHIP.

OOhhhhh! You need to make that a bit clearer in your original post. Yes, I would be annoyed with my boyfriend. I don't think I'd dump him after all you've been through, it would be a shame to waste it.

ReputationRep:
    Get over it.

He went out for dinner with a girl he had a past with, but said he didn't do anything, and you said yourself he rejected her for you many times.

Also, if he can forgive you getting off with some guy, then the least you can do is forgive him going out for dinner with a friend who happens to be a girl...

ReputationRep:
    You're talking about it like it was a date - she paid for her own dinner and there were two other people there....do you really think it was a date?
    I call troll.

ReputationRep:
    You're a selfish *****. Dump him if only to allow him to get a better girlfriend.
    Honestly, you make his life living hell and then want to dump him because he couldn't handle it ?

ReputationRep:
    And you say you're not insecure any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facetious)
    I call troll.
    ? Is it a date or not?

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or do people seriously believe there is some sort of 'rule book' by which relationships should be conducted?

It doesn't matter if it is deemed a date or not by TSR, the question is, are you happy with it?

If you want my advice, if you are keen on making this work, I'd let bygones be bygones, especially as your behaviour isn't exactly squeeky clean either (you may think there is nothing wrong with what you did, but I should think your boyfriend would see it a little differently, I certainly would).

ReputationRep:
    People like you make me glad I only date guys...

He is not your slave and is free to have friends of either gender. The fact that you're nitpicking over him being social a year ago does not bode well about you at all, frankly, particularly given your own poor behaviour. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    If you actually like this fellow, you should not dump him.
    Though if you just want him so you can be possessive and controlling over someone, you probably should for his sake.

ReputationRep:
    Your insecurity is definitely the main issue here. That is what is going to cause any split up you both have.

If you trust your boyfriend, then you'll be able to get over this other girl. She is obviously the main concern for you and you are feeling insecure when you compare yourself to her. She obviously sees this 'friendship' as something more (trying to intefere when you two are in a relationship) but you have to learn to accept that your boyfriend doesn't see her in any way other than a friend. If you can't accept that, then I don't really see the point in you two going out.

Also, pulling a guy the same night you split up with your boyfriend? Do you think that is acceptable either?

Either way, I think the both of you just need to sit and talk about this. You're obviously STILL insecure as you wouldn't have made this post otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Although you say that things are nearly perfect again, it sounds like you still have issues with insecurity. If you don't deal with them then you may as well just split up now because things will only get worse the longer you carry on.

IMHO, there was nothing wrong with what your boyfriend did - he went out for a meal with some friends, didn't kiss this girl so whats the problem? Why should he have to cut people out of his life to please you when your behaviour hasn't exactly been stellar?

ReputationRep:
    You're the one who banged someone else and all he did was go out for a meal with someone :rolleyes: when will you children learn...

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to work on your insecurity before you start trying to fix the alleged problems in your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    you're an idiot, ask him to dump you

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I had the perfect relationship for the first six months; he made it clear he was absolutely devoted to me and went out of his way to stop anyone getting in between us. He had a (very hot) female friend who he had pulled in the past, and who would constantly try it on with him after we got together. I saw him reject her for me on several occasions, so I knew he was loyal and taking the relationship seriously.

After six months we hit a really bad patch which was entirely my fault. I became really insecure and paranoid about EVERYTHING and would constantly shout at him, question him about everything and generally make his life hell. This culminated in me dumping him, pulling someone else the same night, and then taking him back the next day when he begged me to try and change back to who I used to be.

Things got a lot better after those few months and now are pretty much back to perfect. He admitted to me yesterday that when things were bad, he had been invited out for dinner with a guy from work who was bringing a female friend with him who he hadn't seen for years, and so my boyfriend invited THAT girl (the one who always tried it on) to go with them, and they went out as a foursome. He hid this from me for nearly a year, saying he did it because he had almost lost hope in us ever working and didn't want to continue to reject this girl when she kept trying to contact him and be his friend.

He swears he didn't kiss her and that it was just as friends, but he didn't see why he should cut people who wanted to be his friend out of his life for my sake - when I was being a terrible person towards him.

I think it was all my fault but I hate the thought that he has lied all this time and the thought of them out for dinner when I had no idea....am I over-reacting? Should I get over it or dump him?
    I'm sorry?

You flipped 180 on a guy who was quite literally in love with you, made his life hell and other things, things that YOU realise.

Now you're mad at him for taking a girl out for dinner?

You took a guy home and he obviously got his **** wet inside you and he is the enemy here? No honey, you're the big ****ing problem here, in fact if I knew this guy I would be questioning his every claim of being a man by staying with such a selfish little slapper who gets wound up for some unknown reason and spreads her legs.

frankly if I found out a girlI'd been dating did that I would kick you to the curb and probably spit on you for being such a waste of space.

This woman who is his friend would probably be better than you ever could be.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should dump him, it might make him realise he can do better

ReputationRep:
    WHEN WE WERE BROKEN UP- exactly! He did this dinner thing when we were IN A RELATIONSHIP.
    You're absolutely pathetic. You go through a psycho stage, finally break up with him and pull someone else on the same night, and you feel betrayed by him?
    Grow up

ReputationRep:
    ? Is it a date or not?
    NO!!! You say she paid for her own dinner, that they were with other friends, just sounds like a friendly meal out.

(Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    I'm sorry?

You flipped 180 on a guy who was quite literally in love with you, made his life hell and other things, things that YOU realise.

Now you're mad at him for taking a girl out for dinner?

You took a guy home and he obviously got his **** wet inside you and he is the enemy here? No honey, you're the big ****ing problem here, in fact if I knew this guy I would be questioning his every claim of being a man by staying with such a selfish little slapper who gets wound up for some unknown reason and spreads her legs.

frankly if I found out a girlI'd been dating did that I would kick you to the curb and probably spit on you for being such a waste of space.

This woman who is his friend would probably be better than you ever could be.
    Haaa well said

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I had the perfect relationship for the first six months; he made it clear he was absolutely devoted to me and went out of his way to stop anyone getting in between us. He had a (very hot) female friend who he had pulled in the past, and who would constantly try it on with him after we got together. I saw him reject her for me on several occasions, so I knew he was loyal and taking the relationship seriously.

After six months we hit a really bad patch which was entirely my fault. I became really insecure and paranoid about EVERYTHING and would constantly shout at him, question him about everything and generally make his life hell. This culminated in me dumping him, pulling someone else the same night, and then taking him back the next day when he begged me to try and change back to who I used to be.

Things got a lot better after those few months and now are pretty much back to perfect. He admitted to me yesterday that when things were bad, he had been invited out for dinner with a guy from work who was bringing a female friend with him who he hadn't seen for years, and so my boyfriend invited THAT girl (the one who always tried it on) to go with them, and they went out as a foursome. He hid this from me for nearly a year, saying he did it because he had almost lost hope in us ever working and didn't want to continue to reject this girl when she kept trying to contact him and be his friend.

He swears he didn't kiss her and that it was just as friends, but he didn't see why he should cut people who wanted to be his friend out of his life for my sake - when I was being a terrible person towards him.

I think it was all my fault but I hate the thought that he has lied all this time and the thought of them out for dinner when I had no idea....am I over-reacting? Should I get over it or dump him?
    So you spent ages getting psycho and paranoid for no reason what so ever and now wonder why he didnt tell you he took someone to dinner?

If he hadn't taken another girl to that meal he'd have been hanging around a dating couple like the most awkward third wheel known to man.
    It was a date for the other two, the girl he took was friendly company, like he's already told you and if you had an ounce of decencey in you then you'd be able to trust him after he put up with your psycho crap.

Personally, if i was in your shoes i'd dump him so he can find someone less selfish and crazy.
    After everything you did you him he still took you back, how can you be so damn stupid to think that him taking a friend to a meal is anything worth even sparing a thought about.

His world shouldn't bloody well revolve around you, stop being so damn ungrateful of a guy that seems one in a million.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with petey pete

ReputationRep:
    i have one thing to say to you girl, you need a slap!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.