Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi There,

Is anyone familiar with International student offers that don't follow IB/A Levels curriculum? (Im currently doing the Canadian system) I sent my application on October 12th and haven't heard back from LSE since. I've received confirmation of my application but that was also in October.

Several of my friends have already been rejected to LSE Law, so I was wondering at this point, if no news is good news?

Any input will help thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mw1993)
    Hi There,

Is anyone familiar with International student offers that don't follow IB/A Levels curriculum? (Im currently doing the Canadian system) I sent my application on October 12th and haven't heard back from LSE since. I've received confirmation of my application but that was also in October.

Several of my friends have already been rejected to LSE Law, so I was wondering at this point, if no news is good news?

Any input will help thanks
    People will get rejections and offers from now through to spring. If you haven't received anything yet that simply means your application is under consideration. It's good news in the sense that you haven't been rejected, but I wouldn't go as far as to say this means you'll have an offer waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelaide123)
    Unconditional for 2011
    Congrats, welcome to the circle :P

You planning to take the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellrosk)
    Congrats, welcome to the circle :P

You planning to take the offer?
    hahah! thanks
    Yeah, definitely going to take it - it's by far the best university out of my choices and I'm so excited
    Will it be your choice? Which A Level sujects did you take?

ReputationRep:
    hahah! thanks
    Yeah, definitely going to take it - it's by far the best university out of my choices and I'm so excited
    Will it be your choice? Which A Level sujects did you take?
    Yeah, I've literally just this minute withdrawn my applications to Bristol, Warwick and Kings and accepted LSE, so shall definitely be there this September

I took Eng Lit, History and Economics as full A-Levels, also did Biology and Crit thinking at AS and an EPQ in Classics.

You?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've literally just this minute withdrawn my applications to Bristol, Warwick and Kings and accepted LSE, so shall definitely be there this September

I took Eng Lit, History and Economics as full A-Levels, also did Biology and Crit thinking at AS and an EPQ in Classics.

You?
    Oh wow! Does that mean you'd not heard from Warwick yet? I've not heard from them but have heard from everywhere else.
    I did biology, chemistry and maths for A2 and philosophy for AS.
    What are your plans for your gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! Does that mean you'd not heard from Warwick yet? I've not heard from them but have heard from everywhere else.
    I did biology, chemistry and maths for A2 and philosophy for AS.
    What are your plans for your gap year?
    Nah I hadn't heard back yet, but seeing as I made my mind up there wasn't much point waiting any longer.

And I'm just working really, trying to save up so I'll have a nice fund to start me off.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I hadn't heard back yet, but seeing as I made my mind up there wasn't much point waiting any longer.

And I'm just working really, trying to save up so I'll have a nice fund to start me off.
    That's exactly what I'm doing with mine
    London is going to be mega expensive!

ReputationRep:
    Hey i got an offer for law last week. My application was processed December 10th and offer received January 27th, the offer is conditional (a*aa).

GCSE 9A* 3A
    AS AAAB
    A2 Predicted A*A*A (Maths, Economics, English Literature)

Have you all booked a place for the Visit Day in april? Can't wait to look round :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_93)
    Hey i got an offer for law last week. My application was processed December 10th and offer received January 27th, the offer is conditional (a*aa).

GCSE 9A* 3A
    AS AAAB
    A2 Predicted A*A*A (Maths, Economics, English Literature)

Have you all booked a place for the Visit Day in april? Can't wait to look round :rolleyes:
    Yup I've booked my place Have you never visited before?

ReputationRep:
    Yup I've booked my place Have you never visited before?
    No i haven't actually, seen a couple of virtual tours on the website, but that's it! I had work experience nearby in the summer and went to the courts, so i think its location is great..
    There was a lecture i actually wanted to see last year, but tickets for the event sold out almost instantly so i didn't get a chance to go! I take it you've been?

ReputationRep:
    No i haven't actually, seen a couple of virtual tours on the website, but that's it! I had work experience nearby in the summer and went to the courts, so i think its location is great..
    There was a lecture i actually wanted to see last year, but tickets for the event sold out almost instantly so i didn't get a chance to go! I take it you've been?
    Yeah I've visited the campus three times, it's very small, enclosed and very metropolitan. It's perfect for me

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've visited the campus three times, it's very small, enclosed and very metropolitan. It's perfect for me
    I didn't think the LSE campus to be small, but i guess i'll be able to better judge it in april.. from the maps i've seen it does seem enclosed doesn't it, i think that's actually quite nice too

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think the LSE campus to be small, but i guess i'll be able to better judge it in april.. from the maps i've seen it does seem enclosed doesn't it, i think that's actually quite nice too
    Well I mean it's small compared to some Unis, obviously it's not tiny And yeah, it's all enclosed on a series of intertwining streets. Very cosy!

ReputationRep:
    Well I mean it's small compared to some Unis, obviously it's not tiny And yeah, it's all enclosed on a series of intertwining streets. Very cosy!
    Yeah i thought that might have been what you meant and it sounds it! You from London?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i thought that might have been what you meant and it sounds it! You from London?
    Nope Bristol, but I go to London quite a lot. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Nope Bristol, but I go to London quite a lot. How about you?
    Ooh right, yeah im from London, so im not actually getting away from here but it's a good place to study Hope to meet you on the visit day! Should be good to meet other lse lawyers..

ReputationRep:
    Ooh right, yeah im from London, so im not actually getting away from here but it's a good place to study Hope to meet you on the visit day! Should be good to meet other lse lawyers..
    For sure I'm sure there will be plenty of us there!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got an offer as well for Law at LSE.
    My application was processed by UCAS : 15-Nov-2010
    And I received my offer on: 27 Jan 2011
    8A*s and 4As for GCSEs
    4As and a B for AS Level and I'm predicted A*AA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.