Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Together nearly 4 years and dumped by text Watch

ReputationRep:
    Practically the same thing's just happened to me after 2 years and I know how you feel, it's absolutely awful
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Meet up with him, get answers, then don't make any more contact with him. Leave him think things through alone; a lot of my ex's friends have supported me so much and have given me advice to leave him alone to think properly and not persist with him. Perhaps after the absence he'll realise his mistake and you'll be clearer on whether a guy like this is worth your time...no one else can judge this, you're the one who knows him best.
    Stay strong and remember that everything happens for a reason. It's hard, but never underestimate how much strength your friends can give you. I feel depressed as hell when I'm alone at the moment, but my friends and family always know how to put a smile back on my face. Keep them close, use this time to really focus on YOU and let time pass. Things will get clearer and you'll both know what's best for both of you
    *big hugs*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.