Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What colour shirt to wear with grey suit for intw and what tie is best?help pls :):) Watch

ReputationRep:
    dark grey shirt with a clourful/patterned tie, light pink shirt with dark pink tie, etc

ReputationRep:
    OP. You're very ineffective when it comes to "doing things on your own". How on earth are you going to become a good doctor if you can't search on google?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    OP. You're very ineffective when it comes to "doing things on your own". How on earth are you going to become a good doctor if you can't search on google?
    how did you knw i was doing med?

ReputationRep:
    White shirt with black tie, or black shirt with grey tie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by START23)
    how did you knw i was doing med?
    you did mention medicine in your firstpost. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on skin color and time of day.

If it is an evening function and you're kind of tanned the best color is either white, midnight blue, or black. Striped ties would be best. Any color goes with a white shirt, but lavender or red would be best. For the midnight blue a silver/blue striped tie and for the black and silver/black striped tie would be best.

ReputationRep:
    Tip No#1. Don't go looking like you've just walked from an Investement bank. You may disagree with this, but for my interview (for an arts subject) I am purposefully wearing a light V neck jumper under my suit to make things informal. Not only that, I have a V-Neck that is meant to match the suit, but I am purposefully wearing a lighter V-Neck jumper that doesn't quite match it, and doesn't look 100% fashionable. This will make me stand out, and make me seem more humble and interesting, and not just 'another suit'.

Yes, I admit it might be a little different for Medcine/Accountancy but, at the very least I would still avoid wearing a white shirt.

Ultimetly however, your dress is not going to make or break your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athelstan)
    Tip No#1. Don't go looking like you've just walked from an Investement bank. You may disagree with this, but for my interview (for an arts subject) I am purposefully wearing a light V neck jumper under my suit to make things informal. Not only that, I have a V-Neck that is meant to match the suit, but I am purposefully wearing a lighter V-Neck jumper that doesn't quite match it, and doesn't look 100% fashionable. This will make me stand out, and make me seem more humble and interesting, and not just 'another suit'.

Yes, I admit it might be a little different for Medcine/Accountancy but, at the very least I would still avoid wearing a white shirt.

Ultimetly however, your dress is not going to make or break your application!
    it has an effect though

ReputationRep:
    White shirt with a black/dark blue tie

ReputationRep:
    Keep it simple, white shirt, black tie.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, if someone turned up for an interview with me wearing a black tie, I'd thank them for taking the time to come straight from a funeral. Most people only ever wear a black tie at a funeral - that is the entire function of owning one.
    Why on earth anyone would suggest going to an interview in what basically amounts to fancy dress is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Red tie is too much

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.