Turn on thread page Beta

do you open the door when at home alone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I usually look through the peephole. Not sure what I'm really expecting to see but y'know :P

No I never do. But then again I don't open the door when i'm not home alone so i'm just incredibly lazy.

ReputationRep:
    depends if i know who it is as i can't see the doorstep from any windows . e.g if i look outside and see a post van i will answer the door otherwise i won't bother

ReputationRep:
    I tend not to answer the door anyway, unless I'm expecting someone!
    If I'm home alone and don't need to go out, I'll usually be in my pjs and I don't like answering the door in my pjs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Gypsys or Jehovahs?
    Both lol, one trying to preach to me, and the other attempting to sell fake gold watches

ReputationRep:
    I do, but only because I need a new volunteer for my experiment.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. I'm not 12.

ReputationRep:
    I always look through the peephole and don't open it up unless I recognise them, or it's the postman with one of my parcels.

ReputationRep:
    No but i don't answer the door anyway, simply cos i cba. I look to see who it is then just leave it :lol: unless they see me looking out the window :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    WELL, I’ve rarely been left alone at home. But I would open it because most of the time I know who would be coming.

ReputationRep:
    Often I look through my window as it's facing the door , or go on the balcony.. Which is above the front door. But it's usually always people I know, nothing interesting or scary. Though sometimes I do ignore it. If I'm in my PJ's and don't recognise the person etc. Or if I just can't be bothered.

When I went out on the balcony once, home alone. There was this really creepy salesman :lol: He really insisted on coming inside and show me the vacuum cleaner. But he had no vacuum cleaner. .. Haha

ReputationRep:
    I tend to ignore it as it's either a) someone I don't want to talk to OR b) the windowcleaner, who is someone I don't want to talk to, but a very specific someone. If I'm expecting a parcel, I'll usually be in the living room anyway, so I'll hear the van pull up and know...I'm just generally antisocial when it comes to opening the front door.

In my room in this Italian Residenza, I don't have such luxuries. I have to answer the door, in case it's the porter; 9 times out of 10 it's someone from another flat inviting me to dinner, or asking do I have change for €5 so they can do their laundry...

ReputationRep:
    I tend to ignore the door.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because if I wanted to go out or let a friend in I'd have to use the window and that would be shi.te

ReputationRep:
    Depends if I'm being paranoid that day or not. Same goes with answering the phone

ReputationRep:
    I was always forbidden from answering the door when home alone as a kid too! I'll answer it at Uni, because it's not going to be someone I don't know.
    At home I look out the window to see who it is first. It's generally the postman. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yess, i generally figure that if someone's going to murder me they wont be polite enough to knock.
    Although my mums friend knocked once and when i said she wasnt in he full on screwed at me for answering the door when im alone and then made me lock myself in :P
    I'll leave it if it's the creepy postman, i had a top on that said 'be happy' one time and he was like 'ooh i am happy now i've met you'

ReputationRep:
    Unless I'm expecting a parcel, then no. I stay well hidden <_< >_>

ReputationRep:
    I dont answer the door at all when Im on my own
    Or look out the window because then they would see that Im in and wasnt answering the door

heartbeat pumps look through spyhole then i say nah cant be bothered LOL

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.