Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can i obtain whiter teeth? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBYoungLady)
    Thanks, everyone. I can't look into the crest white one cos I already have sensitive teeth.

Might have to splash out on some whitening work at the dentist when I'm older.
    Blanx Whitening toothpaste is really good, especially if you already have sensitive teeth - it is non abrasive, and I think they may even do a special formula for sensitive teeth as well as the normal and whitening range. They also do a two week whitening treatment, which I have used, and if you use this periodically (say, every couple of months) and use the whitening toothpaste in between treatments, it does seem to make a difference (I have used the treatment once and have been using the whitening toothpaste for a while!)

Thing is its a bit expensive for toothpaste - about £5 for one of the toothpastes, and almost £10 for the treatment...still, no where near as pricey as professional tooth whitening, and last time I got mine (from Boots - it might even be on their website?) it was 3 for 2

ReputationRep:
    My mum used the crest white strip, she brought a pack back from America ages ago. She has whiter teeth than I do now!

For a natural whitening, drink milk and brush 3 times a day. After breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you do this for a while, they should stay fresh and maybe whiten a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Scale and polish at dentist - everyone needs one every 6 months to a year anyway
    Costs about £50-60 roughly but it's well worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBYoungLady)
    Hi

I brush my teeth on average twice a day and I use mouth wash.

My teeth aren't a sunshine yellow - Tbh they are kinda white, but they have a yellow tint to them that really bothers me and I was wondering if thew was a way to get rid of it!

Thanks.
    Well i am in first year of the dentistry course, so i cant say i am an expert but if you really do brush your teeth twice a day and use mouth wash then i doubt the dentist can make them any whiter by using beach. The reason for the yellow tint is that the enamel is very thin and the dentine's colour is more apparent.

ReputationRep:
    i was right

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obtain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jolteon)
    okay so you find someone with nice teeth, then you get them to a relatively seclooded spot and punch out or otherwise extract the teeth, sellotape on with sellotape and bang you;'ve got teeth.
    made me laugh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.