Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh My God, the wait is Killing me too! I just want to know one way or the other :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Still no news anyone?
    I've heard people from other uni's have had "stop" put in their GTTR decision column, meaning the uni's want to keep their applications for longer to make a decision. Has anyone who's applied to Halam had this happen? Or any conditional offers?
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I have heard absolutely nothing. the GTTR is still blank, and have had no emails/letters or anything.
    I hate this waiting!! :/
    x

ReputationRep:
    Same here! I've not heard anything or had any changes on GTTR.
    Wish they'd tell us so I can stop obsessing! lol. I'm even dreaming about it now!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Just emailed Sheffield Hallam and they said they're not making ANY decisions until they hear how many places they've got. So I guess not hearing anythin yet isn't necessarily a good thing like I was thinking :-(

ReputationRep:
    Did they say when they were likely to hear how many places they have got?
    Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!
    I'm so glad to hear from other people who are in the same boat as me. This wait it utter torture! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charaimlouwhite)
    Just emailed Sheffield Hallam and they said they're not making ANY decisions until they hear how many places they've got. So I guess not hearing anythin yet isn't necessarily a good thing like I was thinking :-(
    So it sounds like we'll have a bit of a wait even after the funding is all announced...argh! Just so wish I knew what was going on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shes_electric)
    So it sounds like we'll have a bit of a wait even after the funding is all announced...argh! Just so wish I knew what was going on!
    Same here! All this waiting is awful isn't it?! The government are takin their time and don't seem to care that our careers are depending on their decision. Some people have said it'll be February at the earliest that we'll hear anything but I'm hoping it'll be sooner x

ReputationRep:
    I know..it's just really hard waiting for a decision, and knowing that if they then say unsuccessful it's probably too late for getting into our second choice! Been checking track daily recently cuz I thought we might hear soon but might have to stop my obsessiveness if it's going to be another few weeks! When was your interview? mine was 21st Dec. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duck_Duck)
    Did they say when they were likely to hear how many places they have got?
    Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!
    I'm so glad to hear from other people who are in the same boat as me. This wait it utter torture! x
    No they didn't say when they'll hear. I think they're as much in the dark as we are! Just said they'd contact us as soon as the numbers are available x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shes_electric)
    I know..it's just really hard waiting for a decision, and knowing that if they then say unsuccessful it's probably too late for getting into our second choice! Been checking track daily recently cuz I thought we might hear soon but might have to stop my obsessiveness if it's going to be another few weeks! When was your interview? mine was 21st Dec. x
    I've been doing the same. And I'm driving everyone mad cos it's all I talk about! lol. My interview was 20th Dec. Seems ages ago! If they say i'm unsuccessful after waiting for ages I'll be devastated! Hallam's the only place I want to go but all of my other choices are full now anyway x

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be spending my days checking my hotmail, then checking the GTTR, then checking my uni email, then starting all over again.

My interview was the 22nd. At the time, I thought it would be easy to put it to the back of my mind and forget about it until I heard something, but it is impossible! arghh..!

ReputationRep:
    I've just heard back from a GTP provider saying THEY'RE not expecting to hear about places until February!!! So no chance for 2nd choices

ReputationRep:
    I'm keeping an eye on this! http://www.tda.gov.uk/training-provi...ions/news.aspx. Hopefully hear something soon :-( x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, useful to have this link for ppl generally ... I was going to put it up,,,but you beat me to it....

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the link

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose anyone has been in contact with Hallam and knows any more about when? know it's a long shot!

ReputationRep:
    just got an email. they should be hearing in the next 2 weeks about how many paces they have been given.

ReputationRep:
    Just got the same email. My heart stopped when I saw I'd got one! lol. Thought it'd be a rejection email or something.

ReputationRep:
    I know. It was so scary. least we've heard something now. xXx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.