The Student Room Group

Virgin Active - Gyms and Protein Shakes.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by miguel_cotto
you aim for 200g of protein a day? are you like 100lbs or something? i personally aim for 2g/lb whenever i can, im 225 so that about 450g. however i know on most days i wont reach that but i rarely go below 400g. i try to get it half from shakes half from food.
try to aim for 300g of protein a day with as much of it as possible from food, whatever you cant get from food just make it up using a protein shake. beware of your farts tho :biggrin:

1g/lb is ridiculous. ATLEAST 1.5g/lb upto 2g/lb. most of the time someone cant put on mass its because of their diet, mainly lack of protein.

He's a gym n00b he barely needs to start scoffing 300 grams a day, his body needs time to get used to large amounts of protein anyway, and I gained 0.5 a kg in the last 2 weeks, amidoinitwrong? I'll eat more when I plateau
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by a_t
He's a gym n00b he barely needs to start scoffing 300 grams a day, his body needs time to get used to large amounts of protein anyway, and I gained 0.5 a kg in the last 2 weeks, amidoinitwrong? I'll eat more when I plateau

300g isn't a large amount amount of protein and he can easily use that regardless of how experienced he is. you put on 0.5kg in the last 2 weeks, thats great with your girly diet but there is no doubt that you could put more on with a proper diet.
Reply 22
300g isn't a large amount amount of protein and he can easily use that regardless of how experienced he is. you put on 0.5kg in the last 2 weeks, thats great with your girly diet but there is no doubt that you could put more on with a proper diet.

I ain't gaining fat though

u mad?
Reply 23

What the fuxsticks are you on about?
Original post by a_t
I ain't gaining fat though

u mad?

why should i be mad at the lack of your knowledge, good luck making any gains after your newb gains finish
Reply 25
just outa interest, how much do virgin active charge us students?

Quick Reply

Latest