Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Virgin Active - Gyms and Protein Shakes. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miguel_cotto)
    you aim for 200g of protein a day? are you like 100lbs or something? i personally aim for 2g/lb whenever i can, im 225 so that about 450g. however i know on most days i wont reach that but i rarely go below 400g. i try to get it half from shakes half from food.
    try to aim for 300g of protein a day with as much of it as possible from food, whatever you cant get from food just make it up using a protein shake. beware of your farts tho

1g/lb is ridiculous. ATLEAST 1.5g/lb upto 2g/lb. most of the time someone cant put on mass its because of their diet, mainly lack of protein.
    He's a gym n00b he barely needs to start scoffing 300 grams a day, his body needs time to get used to large amounts of protein anyway, and I gained 0.5 a kg in the last 2 weeks, amidoinitwrong? I'll eat more when I plateau

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    He's a gym n00b he barely needs to start scoffing 300 grams a day, his body needs time to get used to large amounts of protein anyway, and I gained 0.5 a kg in the last 2 weeks, amidoinitwrong? I'll eat more when I plateau
    300g isn't a large amount amount of protein and he can easily use that regardless of how experienced he is. you put on 0.5kg in the last 2 weeks, thats great with your girly diet but there is no doubt that you could put more on with a proper diet.

ReputationRep:
    300g isn't a large amount amount of protein and he can easily use that regardless of how experienced he is. you put on 0.5kg in the last 2 weeks, thats great with your girly diet but there is no doubt that you could put more on with a proper diet.
    I ain't gaining fat though

u mad?

ReputationRep:
    What the fuxsticks are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I ain't gaining fat though

u mad?
    why should i be mad at the lack of your knowledge, good luck making any gains after your newb gains finish

ReputationRep:
    just outa interest, how much do virgin active charge us students?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.