Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superman-lives)
    Why is there Acc and Finance course so competitive ? The other day i was seing the rankings and LSE hardly makes it in the top10 for Acc and Finance :/
    That's like the school itself, was ranked 80th in the world but is the most competitive school in the entire UK lol jk.

Actually rankings contain a lot of factors rather than how good the course module or teaching method is. For example, it is a big minus for LSE ranks because of the student satisfaction (cause we all want fun more than being a nerd). And I never judge a school by its rank. :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguin x)
    i'm doing all sciences and maths too :P
    and yah, i got the rejection last night :O
    Sorry to hear mate.

What did you get at GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    i got crap gcses but got predicted AAAA maths physics business and economics...hope i get in!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prikstera)
    Sorry to hear mate.

What did you get at GCSE?
    3 A*s
    4 As
    2 Bs
    3 Cs

:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmansick)
    i got crap gcses but got predicted AAAA maths physics business and economics...hope i get in!!
    Haha i have the same subject combination and almost the same predicted grades ( have an A* in Business but like that really matters )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguin x)
    3 A*s
    4 As
    2 Bs
    3 Cs

:/
    Oh right they really love their GCSE's apparently.

Can you go for City University with AAB prediction? They want AAA now apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superman-lives)
    Why is there Acc and Finance course so competitive ? The other day i was seing the rankings and LSE hardly makes it in the top10 for Acc and Finance :/
    Sorry my friend, but according to www.thecompleteuniversityguide.com it ranks LSE's accounting and finance department at number 2, just behind warwick. However for job prospects, its ranked 1st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prikstera)
    Oh right they really love their GCSE's apparently.

Can you go for City University with AAB prediction? They want AAA now apparently.
    i went to an open day there... and they said they were "flexible", so i decided to give it a shot

ReputationRep:
    When does LSE give offers for this course? And why is it AAB when loads of other universities ranked below it give out AAA offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redz)
    When does LSE give offers for this course? And why is it AAB when loads of other universities ranked below it give out AAA offers?
    To try and attract a wider range of applicants maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Have there been any offers/rejection for accounting and finance in LSE yet? Just want to know if they've started to look through the a&f applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kthanki)
    Have there been any offers/rejection for accounting and finance in LSE yet? Just want to know if they've started to look through the a&f applications.
    Yep, some dude was rejected (see page.1)

Getting nervous now as I really want to study in London and LSE is my only London-based choice :eek: Only applying with AAB as well but hopefully having both English and Maths will play an advantage. Plus French, everybody loves French :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoSho')
    Yep, some dude was rejected (see page.1)

Getting nervous now as I really want to study in London and LSE is my only London-based choice :eek: Only applying with AAB as well but hopefully having both English and Maths will play an advantage. Plus French, everybody loves French :rolleyes:
    everybody loves french.. hahahaha. I'm sure maths will help, did you take economics in any way cos that is quite important too as it is a recommended subject, along with the sciences.

ReputationRep:
    hey im applying for a and f aswell

sent off my application on 11th oct
    got an offer for aab on 12th november

as grades: A(maths) A(psychology) B(econs- retaking) B(chemistry-dropped)
    predicted grades A*AA
    GCSE's 7A*s, 4A's

any other offers?

ReputationRep:
    One person got an offer for A&F at LSE. AAB offer on november 12th. Trying to find out what his grades were/predicted.... lucky guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 108)
    One person got an offer for A&F at LSE. AAB offer on november 12th. Trying to find out what his grades were/predicted.... lucky guy.
    The guy above lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-t-88)
    hey im applying for a and f aswell

sent off my application on 11th oct
    got an offer for aab on 12th november

as grades: A(maths) A(psychology) B(econs- retaking) B(chemistry-dropped)
    predicted grades A*AA
    GCSE's 7A*s, 4A's

any other offers?
    hey i just found out u posted the date here

ReputationRep:
    another person got it too.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i applied to accounting n finance program on 7th dec..super late i noe but got my acknowledgement like the next day...can someone tell me if there is a lse portal to track our application or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeetee)
    hey guys i applied to accounting n finance program on 7th dec..super late i noe but got my acknowledgement like the next day...can someone tell me if there is a lse portal to track our application or something?
    Nope... You'll have to track it through UCAS!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.