Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jealousy. Opinions please? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death.)
    How about I just kill you all?

The youth of today are so irritating.
    I deserve to be saved. No reason why aside from my being awesome.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I look forward to the day when Wikileaks reveals that President Ahmedinijad of Iran set his status to "is playing with my weapon of mass destruction", and Hilary Clinton 'liked' it, imagine the diplomatic embarrassment that will be caused....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    "dump him gurl? if he gunna waste the poonani das in front of him n go for some loggerhead gonorrhea girl on da web den he aint worth ur time. he got wiv u for lust, not love. dat much is clear doe. standard, one ting xxx"

Anyone got a translation? Anyone at all?
    I went on Google Translate. It doesn't speak black londoner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kRaeTwin)
    I went on Google Translate. It doesn't speak black londoner.
    HA! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Facebook once again, ruining lives, bringing up jealousy and discussions...

Why oh why...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep anon please.

To sum this all up, this girl who I do not know keeps commenting on my boyfriends status', not just a normal reply like you would do, but something that's like been planned to start a conversation. Maybe that's just me.

It came up on my news feed that he'd 'liked' one of her photos, this I don't mind 'too' much, I mean it's better than him commenting saying something, I guess. The thing is, i'm sure he doesn't like my photos - unless I just don't take notice. This photo is a very...revealing photo, took on purpose to 'enhance her assets' it's not exactly subtle, she might as well be in her bra!

On one of his status' she said she'd text him to another person. Surely, if you have a girlfriend then you don't go around giving your number to other girls?

I'm not saying he's not allowed to text other people, I don't really text any other guys, okay, the odd friend who he knows and they're just boring texts say about work and so. He's not exactly a guy who hangs around with a lot of girls either, I don't mind if my best friends text him 'cause that's different.

Am I going crazy?
    If you was in my position, how would you be reacting?
    Yep your definitely jealous...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    "dump him gurl? if he gunna waste the poonani das in front of him n go for some loggerhead gonorrhea girl on da web den he aint worth ur time. he got wiv u for lust, not love. dat much is clear doe. standard, one ting xxx"

Anyone got a translation? Anyone at all?
    Respectable young lady, If he is going to waste the fine female genitalia in from of his for a Less than reputable lady who may be less than fresh in the dark depths of the interwebs.Then he is a most unworthy aquaintace.He is not enfatuated with you dear lady.This I can see.......Garbed Chavlish......cannnot fathom

ReputationRep:
    I'm not quite sure whether you're actually with this guy or not?
    If you are then it's ok to feel a bit jealous, it's natural, but don't let it ruin your relationship because it could be nothing. In fact, liking a few photos is nothing compared to the texts a taken guy decided to send me the other day, so don't worry for now!
    If he keeps doing things like that and you're really bothered casually bring it up or something
    If you're not with him, then although it's understandable to feel jealous, but he can like other girls photos if he wants to
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    lol ok first off calm the hell down! hes talking to another girl! hes allowed! you cant stop him cos thats crazy and controlling and a very quick way to loose someone!
    just talk to him about her! ask him who she is! and if you really love him you should be able to tell him anything i do when my bf starts talking to a new girl or whatever (long distance is not my friend cos you cant be around when you most want to be! lol) and he tells me shes a nice enough person but hes quick to find a flaw in her or tell me about that girls escapades with other men (sounds like this ones a bit of a **** too ). just have a chat to him... dont go rushing in like a bull in a sodding china shop telling him he cant talk to her. just approach it carefully and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Men will trade up, but they are not likely to trade down ie if they are with an attractive girl, why risk it by flirt/cheating with a less attractive girl?
    Well that comment made me feel a bit rubbish...

I feel for you OP. It's natural to be a little jealous about it, but you don't feel it's a big enough thing to confront him about, right? I think someone else said it - throw in a passing remark on her ****gyness or something, without sounding too *****y :rolleyes:, and see how he reacts ...
    • TSR Support Team

Well it is not clear if you are actually with the guy anymore, if you are he is allowed to have other female friends as long as he is still in love with you and not planning to leave you. If you are not with him then it's up to him what he does you don't control his life. Jealously is a big turn off as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...let me describe the photo in detail:

- heavy orange make-up.
    - a lot of eye make-up.
    - looks like a ****.
    - a top which is far too small and she wants people to see her boobs.
    - a 'pout' - okay not a real pout, but a bad version of her.
    - she's not pretty.
    - a very 'posed' photo.

Oh, and i've just noticed, he's liked two photos.
    Woah, you just described someone PERFECTLY who I have on facebook.
    She's a **** and she's ugly, just ignore it - guys only like looking at photos of girls like that, they don't actually want them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    Respectable young lady, If he is going to waste the fine female genitalia in from of his for a Less than reputable lady who may be less than fresh in the dark depths of the interwebs.Then he is a most unworthy aquaintace.He is not enfatuated with you dear lady.This I can see.......Garbed Chavlish......cannnot fathom
    i lol'ed at this... but ive reached my limit of posts i can rep today dammit!!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...let me describe the photo in detail:

- heavy orange make-up.
    - a lot of eye make-up.
    - looks like a ****.
    - a top which is far too small and she wants people to see her boobs.
    - a 'pout' - okay not a real pout, but a bad version of her.
    - she's not pretty.
    - a very 'posed' photo.

Oh, and i've just noticed, he's liked two photos.
    lol if hes only 'liked' 2 photos you have nothing to worry about!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    Well... I'm afraid now the jealousy process has already started, it's only downhill from here.

You saw he liked someone's picture on your newsfeed? OR you saw on his profile that he'd liked a picture, and you clicked on it?

As far as I can see, the jealousy has already begun, so it doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks; it's been triggered in your mind and the only way to stop it growing is by confronting him about it. You've already subconsciously or not, decided that something is going on with them. You wouldn't make a thread about it if you weren't worried! Therefore, EVERY connection/conversation/'liked' status you see between them is going to emphasise their relationship, just because you've already decided it to be true.

A confrontation could be very bad for your relationship, especially as it may seem very petty to your boyfriend and jealousy is often not a desired attribute in a girlfriend.

Despite this, the only way I can see the jealousy going away is if you erupt. Which will eventually happen!

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered by it. It's what happens in the real world, people DO flirt, and this just exaggerated by the fact that it's on facebook and therefore you can see it 24/7.

I'd suggest that you just breathe and don't worry about it but... I think it's too late for that :-)
    Maybe you have some insecurities that are coming out in this scenario?

EDIT : Ok, if you broke up.. This is completely irrelevant. Get over him! Dear me. It's girls like you that give us a bad name!

Ah damn, why on earth did I click on your spoiler? Guess that's no sleep for me today...

Why I'm writing this may not be so clear. Even I'm confused.

Oh well, let's just leave it at that as I have no idea what I'm now saying and I'm just trying to avoid doing my work...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battyboybetterknow)
    dump him gurl? if he gunna waste the poonani das in front of him n go for some loggerhead gonorrhea girl on da web den he aint worth ur time. he got wiv u for lust, not love. dat much is clear doe. standard, one ting xxx
    learn english? I DONT KNOW WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANS!!! D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    learn english? I DONT KNOW WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANS!!! D:
    Don't worry, I've studied several years learning the art of deciphering his language. I'm going to summarise what he said in two words. On crack!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolic99)
    Ah damn, why on earth did I click on your spoiler? Guess that's no sleep for me today...

Why I'm writing this may not be so clear. Even I'm confused.

Oh well, let's just leave it at that as I have no idea what I'm now saying and I'm just trying to avoid doing my work...
    haha, whatever floats your boat!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going through the same thing!
    a girl keeps posting my boyfriend in her status's and commenting on his! at first it drove me insane and i thought I was also going crazy. But then you have to think .. It's only facebook. If you saw them at a party reacting to eachother what you think you see on facebook then you can a something or whatever but until then I believe you have nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    okay i can give you a little sympathy on the liking the pic... but it sounds too innocent to be wasting your time getting jealous. You're just getting paranoid and seeing loads of picky details. If it bothers you that much, just talk to him like when he's on facebook, ask who this girl is. but dont get too worked up about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.