Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think... Watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriends brother has been with his girlfriend since he was 16 (34 now). They are a very lovely couple, very happy and they are just perfect for eachother it seems.
    Obviously I don't know what their relationship is like when I am not there but however corny it may sound they seem to complete eachother.
    So to me there seems no reason why someones first relationship can't be their only relationship
    If you get it right the first time, why end it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Amour Toujours)
    My first relationship was far from what you described, but I guess I was just a fraction unlucky there, huh? Anyway, to answer your question, I don't really see any reason why a couple who meet at 14 / 15 couldn't stay together forever if they really wanted to work at their relationship.
    I agree with this. My mum and dad met at school and they're still together. It's not been plain sailing but I don't think that has anything to do with the age they met (which obviously meant their experience with other people was limited).

I suppose you're more likely to meet (cheesy term coming up) "the one" when you're older. You are likely to have had previous relationships so you know what does and doesn't work for you in a relationship and as a result, know what type of person to look for/avoid. Those without prior relationship experience don't have this advantage so it's more down to "luck" I suppose that they just so happen to find someone they click with.

Like I said before though, age doesn't play a factor in how the relationship evolves. You can be 15 or 45, if you don't put the effort into the relationship, the outcome will be the same. Ugh, I hope this post makes sense, I think I've rambled on.

ReputationRep:
    my parents worked. but yeah, its not going to work for everyone, but you can only go into a relationship and see how it goes. few will work, but it shouldnt stop anyone trying

ReputationRep:
    Probably less likely, but certainly possible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.