Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so sorry to hear that, when did you find out and did they give you any feedback?

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have my pgce interview on thursday and am really nervous about the whole thing especailly the presentation. i am worried im going to forget it all.

I have read that some of you have had interviews already and just wanted to ask if anyone used propmt cards during their presentations?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I had my interview on 20th Dec but not found out yet! They said they are still waiting to find out how many places they have been allocated by the government! So you may have your interview and could be waiting a while like I have been! Its very annoying I check GTTR like every 5 minutes!! I think they are letting people know if they are unsuccessful so they have a chance with their second choices but I still could be unsuccessful if I am the bottom of their list and they dont have as many places as they had hoped.

The interview is not as bad as you think! I was a nervous wreck! The Maths test is just KS2 style questions! The English test I thought was harder! It was mainly comprehension questions about the paper you was sent in the post but you get a copy of it in there so you dont need to worry about reading it over and over again!

The presentation was fine! There is only 5 of you in the room and everyone is in the same boat! I had que cards just in cases my mind went blank but did not end up using them. One person read from a sheet of paper, I dont think thats a good idea but que cards I think are fine. Richard was really friendly and made you feel comfortable! The heating had broken when we had our interviews so I was shaking just from being cold plus being nervous

I was lucky that my best friend is already on the course so she gave me lots of information!

Hope that helps!

Laura xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have just been told that I have an interview on Monday 31st January. Is there anyone else on here that has an interview that day at 1.30? Would be great to know someone I can talk to!!!

I have no idea what to do for the presentation, and the interview is scaring me! I've been reading through the posts already on here and everyone says that it's not as bad as it seems, but I'm still worried!!

Anyway, it would be great to chat to others beforehand!!

=)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, are you applying for primary or secondary? I had my interview for primary in december and it really wasn't that bad. Everyone was nice and friendly so don't get stressed about it.

Sorry I guess it's primary, just read your post properly.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks. How long did they say it would take till they let you know if you are successful or not?

=)

ReputationRep:
    They just said that they wouldn't be allocating places until they hear from the TDA about funding. Don't remember them saying anything about rejecting applicants before that though. It's really frustrating, hopefully you won't have to wait as long by then.

ReputationRep:
    Aaah right I see. Lets hope it's not too long then!

What kind of things have people their presentations about? I don't want to do mine on something 'silly' even though they said that we can do it on anything if everyone else does it on something professional (if that makes sense!)

ReputationRep:
    Well, during my interview one girl did hers on learning through the senses, and the other did hers on how to make a perfect cup of tea! One guy talked about his favorite place and the other talked about Hull City Football Club and it's rise to the premiership league. I did mine on language so as you see a wide variety of topics were presented. I have to say that all were very good at presenting, just hope that the programme director who witnessed them all, thought that mine was interesting and well presented too. Try to pick something that you feel at ease with and that you know a great deal about. The individual interview was a lot less stressful than the presentation, the questions were just general ones about why you want to be a teacher etc. Good luck and let me know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview last week and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I would do your presentation on something light hearted or that you know a lot about (I did mine on some travelling I did). A couple of people did 'heavy' subjects in my group and to be honest they didn't make them that interesting and it was hard to engage interest, plus it can be hard to fit it all into 5 minutes, he is quite strict with the time limit and it goes quicker than you think it will. You can use cue cards but I think it's best to try and engage eye contact as much as possible.

Try to bring in visual aids as I think it looks better than just standing there talking. One girl in my group did how to make a poodle balloon animal and brought balloons in, hers was really good.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hiii everyone. I had my interview on 20th Dec and still haven't heard anything. I know of 4 people who've been unsuccessful and don't know anyone who's got in...

Does anyone know anyone who has been accepted or shall I just assume they still have no idea how many places they can offer because of the funding?

Hayley

ReputationRep:
    I received a letter this morning offering me a place (subject to funding of course). I also had my interview on the 20th December, was yours morning or afternoon? Still don't feel as if I can celerbrate properly until the offer is a fim one but I did do a little dance

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Those of you who had interviews already, did you wear a suit? I can't make up my mind about whether I should wear one or something still smart but a bit less formal. I've got my interview on Friday, does anyone else? Very nervous about it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyp)
    I received a letter this morning offering me a place (subject to funding of course). I also had my interview on the 20th December, was yours morning or afternoon? Still don't feel as if I can celerbrate properly until the offer is a fim one but I did do a little dance
    Awww congrats!! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on the 13th January (unlucky for some) but received a letter this morning offering me a place! Was very pleased

To those wondering, I wore a suit, did my presentation on rugby league, the interview was very relaxed, and the maths and English tests were not too bad, nothing to worry about!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know whether you get a calculator in maths test or if you need one?

Do you need to take anything else except things on checklist.

Thanks

congratulations to those with acceptance letters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retret)
    does anyone know whether you get a calculator in maths test or if you need one?

Do you need to take anything else except things on checklist.

Thanks

congratulations to those with acceptance letters
    You can't use a calculator, but you won't need one anyway

ReputationRep:
    I got in too Dont want to celebrate until the fundings sorted though!! Well done guys - I guess i'll be seeing you in September (as long as Cameron and Clegg aren't really mean)!

I wonder if its on the condition I get a 2.1... are you all still doing degrees or have you had a year out or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyp)
    mon morning. when was yours? well done on getting in eee

ReputationRep:
    Same...Congratulations on your offer, did you get a letter?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.