Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Higher English - What poems you are studying? Watch

ReputationRep:
    we've studied
    Ambulances
    The Whitsun Weddings
    and Mr Bleaney by Philip Larkin

as well as And Death Shall Have No Dominion and Fern Hill by Dylan Thomas.
    Oh and Sonnets 18 & 130 - which have to be used together, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Well, my teacher's actually French (still the best English teacher I've ever had so that says a lot. :lol:) so we're doing Spleen by Charles Baudelaire. Course we have to say who translated it when we write our essays because the translations vary a lot. And we've just finished analysing Home From Abroad by Laurie Lee. Was meant to be doing an essay on that today but since it's a snowday, I guess I'll have to do it all on my lonesome. :lol: Nearly had to do "Toads" by Philip Larkin, but our class hated it so much that the teacher didn't bother in the end. She made us write about something we hated, and I chose Justin Bieber but two of my friends chose Philip Larkin's poetry. Our teacher got the hint.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.