The Student Room Group

Blown it by falling asleep on him

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jellybean91
p.s. if hes gonna be that blunt about it hes not worth it :smile: find someone who would giggle about it :smile:

He could actually say the exact thing; she is not worth it if she falls asleep.
Explain to him - what have you got to lose!? Chances are he'll be relieved that it wasn't his boring-ness that made you fall asleep. Just make your story sound truthful rather than an excuse. You could even ask to try again so he knows you do like him :yep:
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
He could actually say the exact thing; she is not worth it if she falls asleep.

its hardly her fault for falling asleep! he cant blame her for that! she had insomnia and was finally in a place where she felt comfortable enough to sleep! and they were in the cinema... i dunno about you but ive never been able to hold an intellectual conversation with some specky tw*t flying around on a broomstick in the background!
If he's going to be so shallow about it, is he really worth your time? If you get the opportunity to tell him you have insomnia then go for it; it could really change things. But if it doesn't, I think you should wait for the guy who won't mind you falling asleep...the guy who will look at you and think it's really cute. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Jellybean91
its hardly her fault for falling asleep! he cant blame her for that! she had insomnia and was finally in a place where she felt comfortable enough to sleep! and they were in the cinema... i dunno about you but ive never been able to hold an intellectual conversation with some specky tw*t flying around on a broomstick in the background!

How did you know it was Harry Potter...?

Anyway, just went to see him (lives two streets away) - explained that I found our dinner interesting and enjoyed his company, but I was just so tired from not sleeping for three days and found the cinema restful and comfortable, that I fell asleep for reasons not due to him.

He smiled, then laughed, then said, "Well, thank **** for that - I really enjoyed your company too, was horrified when I thought I'd been so boring you fell asleep."

We've arranged a second date to somewhere that will be more active so there should be no more falling asleep. :wink: Thanks everybody who told me to explain it to him; I felt too embarrassed to but, like some of you said, nothing to lose.
Reply 25
Original post by handgrenadeheart
But if it doesn't, I think you should wait for the guy who won't mind you falling asleep...the guy who will look at you and think it's really cute. :smile:

To be honest here, I wouldn't have thought that if the situation had been reversed. Sleeping is sleeping, if someone's tired and comfortable they're going to fall asleep, I'd have probably understood that and not reacted in quite the same way (but who knows, maybe he genuinely has had dates find him extremely tedious before? :dontknow:) ... but it's not 'really cute'.
Reply 26
I've had a girl fall asleep like this as well, but she fell asleep on me. One of the cutest things ever. I didn't even mind that she slightly drooled, although she was mortified. That one has a rather bizarre ending a few months later.

Also had a girl just cling to me in a cinema, sweetest thing ever. If he doesn't see that you were tired and comfortable with him then you have no loss there :frown:.
Original post by Anonymous

Anyway, just went to see him (lives two streets away) - explained that I found our dinner interesting and enjoyed his company, but I was just so tired from not sleeping for three days and found the cinema restful and comfortable, that I fell asleep for reasons not due to him.

He smiled, then laughed, then said, "Well, thank **** for that - I really enjoyed your company too, was horrified when I thought I'd been so boring you fell asleep."

We've arranged a second date to somewhere that will be more active so there should be no more falling asleep. :wink: Thanks everybody who told me to explain it to him; I felt too embarrassed to but, like some of you said, nothing to lose.

good to hear! I did wonder why you didn't at least attempt to explain in the car on the way back though. But all is well...
Reply 28
Original post by markrush
I've had a girl fall asleep like this as well, but she fell asleep on me. One of the cutest things ever. I didn't even mind that she slightly drooled, although she was mortified. That one has a rather bizarre ending a few months later.

Also had a girl just cling to me in a cinema, sweetest thing ever. If he doesn't see that you were tired and comfortable with him then you have no loss there :frown:.

Part of the problem, though, was I actually leaned away from him and rest against the wall instead.

Anyway, all sorted - got a second date, and he was relieved I hadn't fallen asleep because he'd bored me rigid.
Reply 29
Original post by joey11223
good to hear! I did wonder why you didn't at least attempt to explain in the car on the way back though. But all is well...

I didn't really know what to say... :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Original post by secret_smile
You should have explained why you dozed off...

But none the less, that is incredibly rude of him.
Are you sure you even want to be dating a guy like that???

yeah hes the rude one for being angry when someone falls asleep on him :rolleyes:
Reply 31
Part of the problem, though, was I actually leaned away from him and rest against the wall instead.

Anyway, all sorted - got a second date, and he was relieved I hadn't fallen asleep because he'd bored me rigid.

it's a story now at least :smile:
I didn't really know what to say... :rolleyes:

well what you've said to him now...just then.:biggrin:

I didn't mean for what I typed to come across as insulting/a criticism by the way, just curious.

To be fair Harry Potter had a lot of talking in it and cinema's are quite warm and toasty. When I left from watching a film today I forgot it was so cold outside, as I'd been in warm for so long, quite a shock.:frown:
Reply 33
Aww imagine if you end up falling in love and getting married and **** :daydreaming:
Cutest first date story ever!
/soppy.
Reply 34
Original post by joey11223
well what you've said to him now...just then.:biggrin:

I didn't mean for what I typed to come across as insulting/a criticism by the way, just curious.

To be fair Harry Potter had a lot of talking in it and cinema's are quite warm and toasty. When I left from watching a film today I forgot it was so cold outside, as I'd been in warm for so long, quite a shock.:frown:

Oh no, I was rolling the eyes at myself - it seems obvious now, but then it was just mortifying and not really knowing how to fix it.

Well, I wouldn't know that, I didn't get to see any of it. :wink: Can imagine that wasn't very pleasant at all... :s-smilie: I've always hated leaving the cinema in the daytime, you forget how bright everything is.
Reply 35
I have insomnia - pretty bad and, until earlier today (which I'll be coming to), I hadn't slept at all in three days.

So, went out with a guy I've liked for a while. First date to the cinema ... and, because it's a warm and dark place, and the background noise is quite comforting, I fall asleep. Making it worse, I actually lean away from him and towards the wall.

He wakes me up a couple of hours later and, when I blearily ask him when it's starting, he coughs politely and informs me it's actually finished. Silent drive home and, at the end of it, he says, "Um, to be honest this hasn't been a great success - probably won't be calling you."

Well, what could I say? It hadn't been.

FML.

Awww dang am I the only one who thought you fell asleep on top of him when having sex? (After reading the title)
Reply 36
Original post by TinFish
Awww dang am I the only one who thought you fell asleep on top of him when having sex? (After reading the title)

Well apparently so, because you're the only one to make that comment...

Spoiler

Tbh, I would of fallen asleep before you did whilst watching that harry P movie. A serious snore fest.
Original post by scotttb
yeah hes the rude one for being angry when someone falls asleep on him :rolleyes:

If I was on a date with someone who fell asleep in the cinema I wouldn't ignore it and then just write them off at the end of the evening.

Personally, I'd just give the guy a nudge and ask him if he doesn't want to watch this movie and do something else??

If you don't like something. Do something about it. Don't just get in a huff and ignore the other person on the way home. :rolleyes:
Reply 39

awww I'm so glad you worked it out, have fun on your second date :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending