(Original post by Warrior King)
    You mental health patient right?
    No I meant nurse...

ReputationRep:
    factory jobs.. such as a fudge packer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sizzzla112)
    Don't say stupid things like prostitutes please
    Radio announcer. I knew one guy who wore his pyjamas to the studio.

ReputationRep:
    I work at New Look, and we just have to look presentable. Which I obviously do look anyway. So it's not too much hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    No I meant nurse...
    I know I was just trying to be sarky (no pun intended).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    I know I was just trying to be sarky (no pun intended).
    Damn internet for tone.

ReputationRep:
    Anyways OP if basically the sort career you want to go into (with exception of mental health nurse) is one where you can wear normal clothes without the need to look presentable, professional, smart, authouritative, then basically it's any career which basically has no decent prospects at all. I mean let's be honest, is your mission in life to be not taken seriously by people? I mean would you take a doctor in clown suit seriously? Would you take a barrister in a Le Coq sportif tracksuit seriously?

Word of the day for you OP: PROFESSIONALISM

ReputationRep:
    OP - do you mean a job where you can wear whatever you want to? Like literally anything? Not many jobs at all.

You always have to look presentable at jobs. And there is usually a dress code, even if its not written down, there is usually some sort of "unwritten rule" about what you can and can't wear (i.e. teachers).

Most part time jobs in shops you'll have to wear the clothes they sell, but you have to buy them yourself (you get a heavy discount usually). Most other part time jobs, you have to wear a uniform though. Actually, I think there are less places WITH a uniform than without.

ReputationRep:
    Marketing, advertising, media - you are expected to look clean/presentable, but casual is fine. Depends on the agency of course, but where I've worked in the past people have worn flip-flops, casual dresses, jeans, trainers, leggings etc etc. PR and fashion are more trendy but you can be creative with what you wear.

this woman - www.whatkatiewore.com - works at a top London advertising agency. Enough said.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.