Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer for Film and TV Production came in yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)
    Conditional offer for Film and TV Production came in yesterday.
    Congratss

ReputationRep:
    offer for itmanagement for business yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazee')
    Congratss
    Thanks! However, I need to speak to admissions to inquire about a different course - but I don't want them to deny my application then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)
    Thanks! However, I need to speak to admissions to inquire about a different course - but I don't want them to deny my application then
    Ah I'm sure they won't..just ask them beforehand!
    Oh what course was you thinking of inquiring about? If you don't mind me asking..aha!

ReputationRep:
    btw did everyone who got an offer received a log in key or something ?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm sure they won't..just ask them beforehand!
    Oh what course was you thinking of inquiring about? If you don't mind me asking..aha!
    Film and TV Production - Entertainment (this is a BA)

The other one I applied for was a BSc and is more technical and less creative

The problem is, the BA requires 300 UCAS points, the BSc requires only 240

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine on Wednesday, got an offer this morning, for Eng Lit.

Really quick, one of my choices hasn't even given me a notification of receiving my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gallifreyGirl)
    weeeee! i got mine! yay..... I'm coming from West Virginia in the US. hows about you?
    I'm coming from Canada i can't wait to go !!

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for business economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Got my offer for business economics
    Congrats! Weird I got an email on Wednesday saying...

"We're on holiday now but we'll be back and raring to go on Tuesday 4th January - just as soon as we've polished off the mince pies!!!

We promise to process your application as soon as we can when we return but in the meantime, we'd like to wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday and a fun New Year."

They must be still considering apps then!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, offer for Business/Marketing, 300 UCAS points, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Weird I got an email on Wednesday saying...

"We're on holiday now but we'll be back and raring to go on Tuesday 4th January - just as soon as we've polished off the mince pies!!!

We promise to process your application as soon as we can when we return but in the meantime, we'd like to wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday and a fun New Year."

They must be still considering apps then!
    ....They sent me an email with the exact same thing and on the same day like a couple of hours later i got an email saying:

Thanks for applying to the University of Hertfordshire. After carefully considering your application, we are pleased to make you an offer on the above course which you will receive from UCAS along with any associated conditions. All you have to do now is view the offer in Track and reply to UCAS by the deadline they give you.

It was kinda weird but oh well....good luck, hope u get ure response soon...is hertz ure first option btw?

ReputationRep:
    The last I heard from Herts was that they were closing over christmas and not looking at applications again until 4th Jan 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsm68)
    The last I heard from Herts was that they were closing over christmas and not looking at applications again until 4th Jan 2011
    I know! Same!
    Some people are just so lucky!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's courses sound so much more sophisticated than mine! I applied for Film and Television Entertainment on the 16th December and got a conditional offer on the 19th. I really don't know what to think about it though, Is there much to do in St. Albans?

ReputationRep:
    Robert, I'm hoping to change course to that one. Going to speak to my tutor at college to see if she thinks I can get the 320 points.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im kinda worried about the points.. Guess we'll just have to see what happens on results day. You been to any open days?

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad it's points and not grade-defined.

According to admissions, they take in "any qualification displayed on UCAS Tariff" which means General Studies can count towards that, if you've done it.

I haven't been to any, yet. Hoping to go to one, though.

ReputationRep:
    Amen! I'm glad too!^

I got my two offers today! Yayy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.