Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't stop crying. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopi, ffs)
    ....hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Ok point well made.

OP may I add, save yourself some time and tears and try to get over it sooner than a year.

(:getmecoat: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Is the awkward factor that she's your sister?
    Lolololololololololol I love how he says he's gonna his life. and your trying to make us lol I love this forum.You sir should be a social worker

ReputationRep:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/fag.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Put the onions away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm going to keep this short and to the point.

I've liked a girl for three and a half years, we were really good friends at one point. Now I don't see her often and we're distant but she recently got a boyfriend.

This tore me apart and I cried a lot at first. But I thought over time I'd get over it. It's a few months later and I saw her write something about her bf over facebook I just broke down in tears

I honestly love her and I don't want anyone else. I've never felt this way about anyone and I just want her so badly. The obvious answer is to tell her how I feel but I can't because of a very awkward factor.

The thing that makes me cry the most I guess is that it's sinking in that I will never ever be with her and my life will only feel complete with her. This sounds so stupid and fake but she is amazing and I honestly love her. But I can't be with her so I should just forget about her and let her be happy, but that's impossible

I hate this so much I'd rather be dead.
    Where have I heard this before? .... Oh wait, I once said such a thing and moved on. Believe it or not this will pass and you'll be thinking how pathetic you sounded saying you only want her. Nobody wants one person for the entirety of their life, that is just silly.

ReputationRep:
    http://rlv.zcache.com/time_to_man_up...89cp0f_400.jpg

What's with the TSR guys these days?

ReputationRep:
    You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
    You're beautiful, it's true.
    I saw your face in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    So I bought myself a noose!

http://www.wave-extensions.org/wave-...on-hangman.png

ReputationRep:
    are you ugly?

ReputationRep:

I've liked a girl for three and a half years, we were really good friends at one point. Now I don't see her often and we're distant but she recently got a boyfriend.

This tore me apart and I cried a lot at first. But I thought over time I'd get over it. It's a few months later and I saw her write something about her bf over facebook I just broke down in tears

I honestly love her and I don't want anyone else. I've never felt this way about anyone and I just want her so badly. The obvious answer is to tell her how I feel but I can't because of a very awkward factor.

The thing that makes me cry the most I guess is that it's sinking in that I will never ever be with her and my life will only feel complete with her. This sounds so stupid and fake but she is amazing and I honestly love her. But I can't be with her so I should just forget about her and let her be happy, but that's impossible

As unrealistic as it may seem, you will look back at this and think what the hell was I thinking. Everyone gets hurt by the opposite sex when they are young and sometimes the pain can be unbearable. I believe we all have to go through that sort of pain to make us strong and grow...it's part of growing up and makes you stronger.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay to feel like that. It's not stupid and fake but you won't feel like that forever. Trust me, she is not the only girl in the world you'll love and life isn't a fairytale either. There are no happy endings, and no endings full stop. Don't try to fight it, just learn to accept the pain and loss and move on. Just remember that pretty much everybody in the world has gone through what you're feeling right now..

Love is caring about and respecting someone else's life/happiness as if it were your own. If you really loved her, you'd want her to be happy wouldn't you? The part that is causing the pain is you wanting to be with her - your own desires - I don't mean to sound mean but that's what it boils down to. We're pretty much in the same boat. The only girl I've ever really loved moved to the other side of the world last week, and I'll never see her again. I feel terrible because I want to be with her so badly, but I love her even more. So I want her to find someone else and be happy. Try to do the same and you'll feel a lot better.

I'm not implying anything, you guys could be a happy together, could not.
    But imagine that she's really happy with her boyfriend at the moment, do you wish more for her to be happy than dwelling voer the fact that she can't be with you?
    I.e. do you honestly prioritise her happiness over your desire to be with her?

I don't want to sound bad but if you don't actually, it's a sign that you're not all deeply and truly in love with her like you think, if you think mostly of.."you can't be with her" and etc, i.e. having her around your life, and i.e. it's still like a crush, but not a rushed, but rather slow one if you get what I mean.

Over time, you'll get over it I promise. there's no such thing as "there's only one personf or me in this world", that only exists in stories, because if that's the case, we won't be interacting so much with everyone to different degrees.

I promise it'll get better because I once said the same thing and the felt the same way, and guess what? I'm fine now. Give yourself a period of time to just feel however you want to but then stop being self indulgent and try and distract yourself as much as possible, with anything.

One thing I did was write a letter to myself about how I was feeling at one point, and in the letter I promised myself by the next time I read it, I'd feel better. And it worked. And I saw how far along I came, so it definitely is possible. You won't be this way forever, I promise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyraggy1993)
    People telling him to 'man up' need to...stfu...

You're only perpetuating a vicious societal stereotype that says men can't openly talk about their feelings. If people are wondering why the young male suicide rate is so high they only need to look at the ridicule expressed by some people in this thread, he is in pain - he came here for help.
    No. He's just being a whiny cry baby and needs to man the **** up.

:nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Cut contact. A good way is just to ignore her...with or without explaination (in case she wonders why it's a bit weird that you aren't speaking to her) Delete her of facebook, MSN whatever else.

The only way you move on, is by closing the door on the previous person. If they are still there in your life, it's a constant reminder of what you can't have. That's not healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Well, if you can't have her, then no one can. Do what you must.
    Nice!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    How old are you? You know what they say.....The early bird gets the worm....but....The second mouse gets the cheese....I don't like girls who smell of cheese. What I'm saying is she might break up with him and you can get in there.I dunno about telling her though.Her BF might batter you. You should pack a glock...forgive me I was born in Liverpool...but If the guys a pussy spill your heart out to her.
    Good Luck Tom
    this op....

this is excellent advice, through and through.
    win!

ReputationRep:
    have some brandy and enjoy the winter

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you tell her? I would tell her and even if she rejects you, you will have closure If you don't decide to do this, then with time things will get better anyway, especially if you do seek counselling, which really helps anyone, whether they have an emotional problem or not x

Oh FFS mate buck the hell up. Yeah you had feelings for her, whatever, but you know she will never be with you so why are you wasting time and energy on someone who isn't going to reciprocate your feelings?

She cant be all that perfect for you if she doesn't want to be with you now can she?

Firstly: Move on and learn to love yourself a bit more. How can you seriously think you love someone else if you cant even cope with living without being so desperately needy for no good reason?

Secondly: This girl has already proven she is not right for you, she isn't perfect simply because the perfect girl is the one which matches certain criteria but also likes you back. She doesn't want to be with you and she has already caused you needless grief. I've dumped girls over less.

There is over 6 billion people on Earth, fully half are female. Plenty of girls that will give you a chance but first you got to sort your head out and let go of this chick.

As Stargirl63 says, cut contact, remove her from your life and try and try and be happy with yourself again. It is one thing being a miserable sod, its something else to be a miserable sod because of someone else for no good reason.

ReputationRep:
    You're ****ed, all you can do is wait for yourself to snap out of it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.