Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He is perfect in every way... except he's ugly Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What am I supposed to do?
    He is very intelligent, ambitious, cool, funny, sensitive, sociable but also quiet, deep, interesting
    but he's not very good looking...
    girls, would you go out with your perfect match if he was about 4/10?
    if he makes you happy, a guy with a perfect personality is better than a god damn good looking guy with no brains

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious you're going to say no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    Some people are attracted to ugly people.
    Not people that they think are ugly. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    You do not love him or feel anything strong.if you havent gone out then dont if your in a relationship finish it cos sooner or l8er youll proabably cheat on him/dump him..VERRY WEAK posssibility HOWEVER that you do actually get attatcehd to personality..
    i think maybe its a test for you..
    If you have the patience and deteremination and dont give up so easily at diffuculties then go out with him and give a chance..
    if your outgoing the more lively happy life kinda person dont think it would work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Not people that they think are ugly. :facepalm:
    No, really. Fancying someone and wanting them sexually isn't all about looks. For example (and this is just a matter of personal taste), I think that Dominic Cooper looks like bit like a cross between a pug and David Jason. But I still think he's sexy as hell, just from the way he moves, talks, etc etc.
    The same can be applied to lots of different people, outside of pop culture, but y if you look at some of the biggest sex icons of the last few decades... if they weren't fabulously confident, talented and intelligent, who would have actually found someone like Mick Jagger sexy based on looks alone? Money and fame aside, I mean. I'm talking about actual physical attraction... good looking =/= sexy, just as sexy=/= good looking.

ReputationRep:
    He is very intelligent, ambitious, cool, funny, sensitive, sociable but also quiet, deep, interesting
    YOU'RE A B1TCH
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well whilst I do think their has to be some chemistry for the relationship to work - personally for some reason I find, the more I like a person the more attractive they begin to seem...maybe just appeal more to me when I know & like them more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    No, really. Fancying someone and wanting them sexually isn't all about looks. For example (and this is just a matter of personal taste), I think that Dominic Cooper looks like bit like a cross between a pug and David Jason. But I still think he's sexy as hell, just from the way he moves, talks, etc etc.
    The same can be applied to lots of different people, outside of pop culture, but y if you look at some of the biggest sex icons of the last few decades... if they weren't fabulously confident, talented and intelligent, who would have actually found someone like Mick Jagger sexy based on looks alone? Money and fame aside, I mean. I'm talking about actual physical attraction... good looking =/= sexy, just as sexy=/= good looking.
    You've just said exactly what I wanted to say, but much more eloquently and coherently than I would've been able to at this hour and in my state.
    This explains my attraction to Alan Davies and Russell Howard :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    ugly just means they have potential; stunning good looks and you're all out...

It's not me is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FattyInNeed)
    Bag when you shag?
    That ever worked for you, FattyInNeed?

ReputationRep:
    If he was so brilliant then I would find him attractive lol!
    so yeah, I generallly dont factor looks too highly!!!

ReputationRep:
    you are not physically attracted to him....dont bother the poor fella....it will not work.....physical attraction is an aspect of a relationship...., a very important aspect, if you ask me..

ReputationRep:
    If he is all the things you say, I'd still feel attracted to him regardless of looks. Looks won't keep a relationship going, but you do need attraction.

ReputationRep:
    Wait to see yourself in 15 years time, your face will be sagging to floor along with other things. You'll surely regret having been so shallow, if you end up all alone or with someone less great than said boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoshniDiya)
    Wait to see yourself in 15 years time, your face will be sagging to floor along with other things. You'll surely regret having been so shallow, if you end up all alone or with someone less great than said boy.
    Repped & /thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I like a lot of guys and girls that other people don't find particularly good looking.
    But if you are constantly thinking about the appearence issue than are you sure he's the perfect guy ?

ReputationRep:
    Think about your children.

That's my highly enlightened response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FattyInNeed)
    Bag when you shag?
    Doubt this would work to be perfectly honest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and personally I wouldn't because you can't kiss or shag a personality

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.