What are the best and worst things you've seen with your own eyes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The best

The worst

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    :eek: How old were you?

When I was 8, I was staring mindlessly onto a train approaching a station and just before it was about to start slowing down, some man jumped on to the track and jumped on the train and got caught underneath the rails which was smeared in his blood in an obvious suicide attempt. I vividly remember the drivers expression after the head on collision, he was traumatised possibly thinking it was his fault
    It was quite recent, when I was 17/18 but just really weird and strange. And loads of people at my school knew him and it was just horrific.
    But bejesus! Yours certainly sounds like a scarring experience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balface)
    It was quite recent, when I was 17/18 but just really weird and strange. And loads of people at my school knew him and it was just horrific.
    But bejesus! Yours certainly sounds like a scarring experience!
    It's sortof weird, because at the time I knew what I saw was horrific but I reckon if the same thing happened tomorrow then I'd be way more scarred - seeing as I wasn't at the age of 8 able to process the enormity of the situation! Hope that made sense :/

ReputationRep:
    Best: Spain winning the World Cup.

Worst: People dying of hunger/aids/poverty in the shanty towns back in Zim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiiK SiiNz)
    The best? - My Profile Piccie!
    Worst - people getting set on fire in Vietnam War
    :lies:

You weren't even born at the time of Vietnam War.

ReputationRep:
    They're not the best or worst, but one of.

Best: Seeing a roughly 70ish year old man, waiting for his wife outside M&S and then randomly surprising her with flowers hidden behind his back when she walked up to him.
    Worst: Google the Chinese girl killing a bunny with a pane of glass. Or the other one killing a kitten with high heels. It's.. Just. Ugh. No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)

The worst

:lolwut:
    my flatmate showed me that video a while ago, man that is ****ed up! :lolwut:

best: probably on a ski trip to austria, our group went to the top of the mountain one day, the view of the mountains was incredible, plus it felt euphoric as we had actually worked our way to the top for the hardest ski slopes, was with my 2 best friends as well, so it was a really good moment

worst: probably at my grandmas funeral, i remember getting out of the car and seeing the herse with the coffin in for the first time and i instantly broke down :cry2: and then probably also watching the curtains close at the crematorium, if anyone has been to a funeral at a crem, they will know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    Best: Probably naked wimminz

Worst: 2 things, both involving motor accidents. First was a dead pedestrian, an old guy hit by a car. The other was a dead motorcyclist that zoomed past me not 5 minutes before. I'll never forget the blood on the street

ReputationRep:
    Can dreams be included? The one where Ian Beale went dogging with Billy Mitchell was a cracker.

ReputationRep:
    Worst...hmm...Mum being beaten the **** out of by Dad?

Err...maybe seeing best friend half dead with a plastic bag over head after trying to kill self...dunno, other's come to mind.

Best - Sitting in costa rica in front of a live volcano.

ReputationRep:
    Worst: would have to be one of my closest online friends getting killed by her own car http://forum.letssingit.com/topic/201240/rip-tiff/1. I cried when I heard that. It was in her local newspapers and it was so weird thinking that you are talking to someone one minute and the next.. well there is no next. That reminds me about seeing friends of my grandma's who watched me grow up, who went to meals with us who brought me presents etc just die and my brain has trouble processing this. I can't seem to correlate between a person not being there one moment then not there anymore and lying in a ground or in an urn etc. I had a nightmare about my boyfriend's brother dying last night and I woke up crying. I haven't cried when someone close has died before. It's like my body won't let me and it hurts.

...moving on.

Best moment: Probably going over to see my grandma all the time. I help her with things she doesn't remember a lot now and can't walk well. I know she misses me when I'm not there and I miss her too. In an alternate universe I believe we could have been sisters/best friends.

ReputationRep:
    If a dream is included, i'd say my dream last night was the best thing ever.
    The guy (which i clearly have no idea who, but i know his face and i've seen him on fb) he is my dream guy, we were supposed to live together in my dream and when he kissed me, i woke up. :p: Stupid alarm clock ruined my life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    :lies:

You weren't even born at the time of Vietnam War.
    There are some videos I saw a while back online of American soldiers during the Vietnam war spraying flamethrowers into some huts in a village

ReputationRep:
    Best: Tokyo at sunset from the top of Tokyo Tower, just as the city is lighting up. Amazing.

Also, boobs.

Worst: Visiting my grandpa in hospital for the last time. He looked so thin and...blah.

Also, again, boobs.

ReputationRep:
    Best: unwrapping my christmas present and discovering that i finally owned a gameboy colour :ahee: or when i went to see Muse at Wembley.
    Worst: seeing my dog have a fit in front of me and die.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.