Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Daamn nature. You scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    what rubbish these red diper doper babies , lentil eating hippies spout about foxes not being a threat to humans.

I just had one bloody chase me when I ran past it on a run. I thought it might be coincidence so I crossed the road and the bloody thing followed me. I looked round and the thing ran into someones front garden and tried I think to attack me from the side.

So there I am sprinting in the fuking snow and ice with a chuffing fox chasing after me. It's a good thing I was wearing my icebugs or I would have slipped and the thing would have taken a chunk out of me.

I am not animal expert,we don't apparently have much rabies in this country,so maybe it was attracted to me scent ,me running or perhaps it noticed fear in my eyes when it chased after me I have no clue.

But I now seriously do believe they are capable of attacking people, Iam a 6ft 4 man, who goes to the gym six times a week, I can certainly see how one might find a toddler tasty. Now would have eaten me? no but it would have meant a trip up the doctors for jabs.

I go for a quiet run ,if it isn't drunken chavs, silly drunken girls ,or on one occasion a psychotic badger ,now it's predatory foxes? wtf? What is happening to this country? will we have wolfs roaming the streets at some point?

Iam contacting the council and if they don't take what I say serious Iam going straight to the Daily Mail. The want to bring fox hunting back , they would love this story.
    Should have turned around and kick the **** out of it.

ReputationRep:
    You should have tamed it fool.

Have a snickers.

ReputationRep:
    :troll:

or can't the 6ft 4inch man deal with a fox

ReputationRep:
    what rubbish these red diper doper babies , lentil eating hippies spout about foxes not being a threat to humans.

I just had one bloody chase me when I ran past it on a run. I thought it might be coincidence so I crossed the road and the bloody thing followed me. I looked round and the thing ran into someones front garden and tried I think to attack me from the side.

So there I am sprinting in the fuking snow and ice with a chuffing fox chasing after me. It's a good thing I was wearing my icebugs or I would have slipped and the thing would have taken a chunk out of me.

I am not animal expert,we don't apparently have much rabies in this country,so maybe it was attracted to me scent ,me running or perhaps it noticed fear in my eyes when it chased after me I have no clue.

But I now seriously do believe they are capable of attacking people, Iam a 6ft 4 man, who goes to the gym six times a week, I can certainly see how one might find a toddler tasty. Now would have eaten me? no but it would have meant a trip up the doctors for jabs.

I go for a quiet run ,if it isn't drunken chavs, silly drunken girls ,or on one occasion a psychotic badger ,now it's predatory foxes? wtf? What is happening to this country? will we have wolfs roaming the streets at some point?

Iam contacting the council and if they don't take what I say serious Iam going straight to the Daily Mail. The want to bring fox hunting back , they would love this story.
    Another misguided person who believes that Wolf's are actually a threat to human's :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between a fox and a dog? About 8 pints of lager...

ReputationRep:
    Take some tasty fox snacks with you in your back pokcet the next time you go out for a run-a few chicken legs and stale macdonalds should do the trick. Just throw them behind you when the fox runs after you.
    Better still, keep a live chicken in your rucksack and let it out at the appropriate moment. It's the law of the jungle out there.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe u were wearing lynx!!!

ReputationRep:
    We have foxes in our garden, they are so timid that I find it difficult to believe a fox would chase a human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    I went jogging about a year and a half ago before all the fox attacks started, and me and a friend were doing laps of a field, and it stayed with us going round for about half an hour. She left after five minutes because she thought it was creepy but I thought it was adorable- obviously would have left too if I'd known they're that mad! It was just like a little dog though, trotting next to us and then scampering off again for a bit.
    How can you classify a fox as dangerous based on a few attacks by the species as a whole, but completely dismiss the notion a dog will attack you despite there being dog attacks all the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
    I find it quite amusing that a 6ft4 man would be scared by a fox
    man up
    This.

I once saw a fox on my way to work at 5am in the morning, it was more frightened than I was. I thought it was a dodgy stray dog rummaging in the bins.

The only other thing I can suggest is that the fox was chasing you as you were running...other wild animals do the same.

ReputationRep:

Aww the fox just wanted to say hi
    With its teeth...

Assuming, of course, you didn't just make this up...

ReputationRep:
    If you had turned around and run towards it, it would have scarpered pretty sharpish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.