Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First day of snow here in Liverpool but I doubt any schools will be closed since there's only about 1cm of it (if that). It's my day off university today as well. :p:

ReputationRep:
    No. My school's only closed twice in seven years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    What's it like in Notts? Is there a lot of snow now? I was there yesterday and there was hardly anything.
    same as yesterday, hardly anything at all. it snowed a little in the morning but nothing that could settle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenWarrior92)
    My school hasn't closed, it even said on the news that the town it's in is near impossible to get around! Does anyone else have a similar situation?

Yep, pretty much the same! The college says that, despite the snow, it will remain open. My mum drove past a car half buried in a hedge half way down a hill this morning, and heavy snow is forcast for last.

...And I feel like crap anyway, so I don't feel that bad about not going in :P

ReputationRep:
    My school initially said it was open, everyone made their way to school in these horrible conditions, we made it a fair way of the long journey, then they decide to change their mind and send everyone home. We were waiting for an hour for the bus, because the school bus wasn't running. They didn't update their website, it STILL isn't updated and the phone lines are always busy. Some people got all the way to school, to be turned back to make their own way home!

Not happy!!!

ReputationRep:
    My school is closed to year 7 and 8s, and years 9-13 have to go in. I'm not going in anyway though, the roads are packed and most the buses aren't running anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Snow never closes anything here.

ReputationRep:
    does University close for anything.... ever

short of getting 4 feet of snow, multiple tornadoes, an earthquake maybe, flooding and or the apocalypse

ReputationRep:
    it's barely 1cm of snow here
    no hope of college closing lol :p:

lets pray we get a 3 week christmas holiday like last year
    we all need more revision time init?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Snow never closes anything here.
    You'd think we'd be more prepared for it now. It was clear it was going to snow, and we've had it all before.

ReputationRep:
    Its too wet/warm for the snow to stick here. It's snowing but its just sleet by the time it hits the ground.

Lectures for me today.

ReputationRep:
    Nope but then other than a mini flurry the other day we haven't got snow forecast until later today. They have warned they may close at lunch though considering how far a lot of people live :moon:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    My uni isn't. But waking uphill was a task and a half... I didn't fall down though :sexface: I was too happy when I got in this morning
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthaaaa)
    First day of snow here in Liverpool but I doubt any schools will be closed since there's only about 1cm of it (if that). It's my day off university today as well. :p:
    It's so slippy, its that horrible muddy snow all slippery

ReputationRep:
    No. We have barely a centimetre of snow.

But I was off yesterday (not snow related) so I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT SNOW.

*shakes fist at Swansea*

ReputationRep:
    In January our school didnt close and a lot of people still managed to get there, so they tried it again.

Literally 13 people out of 180 sixth form students turned up. We'd left the building by 9.15. When sixth form students are used to take registers and ferry little ones about, its a bit ridiculous.

But my house is now filled with my brothers year 9 friends, who can't get home as their parents work and the roads are just too busy. GREAT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    There are places outside London though.... Newcastle has had 8" for a few days now.
    Lol i'm fully aware that London isn't the only place in the UK.

Its just that our college won't shut if theres 8" of snow in Newcastle because its 300 miles away, whereas if there was 8" in London (where our college is) they would shut it.

ReputationRep:
    No - but it's not that bad here in Cambridge.. (by the way, in case you notice... I don't actually go to college there anymore, but I am working there on gap year (or at least for the first half)).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxCBxX)
    It's so slippy, its that horrible muddy snow all slippery
    My shoes don't have good grip It's a good thing I'm off today then! :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.