Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

the absolute worst liar i have ever known Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ***Frann***)
    Meh, that's tame compared to some of the compulsive liars I've met - but yeah, they're all annoying!!
    My old foster mum was the BIGGEST bullshi*ter you could meet, the kind I like to call two-sh!ts (if you've just done a poo, they've done two). Some of the lies this woman came out with:
    -She won Krufts at the tender age of 7
    -She's murdered someone, but not been caught for it
    -She's been to jail (but not for the murder)
    -She set fire to her school and the whole thing burned down
    -She used to be a michelin star chef
    -She used to be a hair dresser
    -Her rents are multi-millionairres
    -She used to date Prince William/ Harry (I used to tune out when my ears detected a lie, but it was definately one of the two)
    -She has been head hunted to be a doctor, but prefers being a nurse so declined the offer
    -She is on speaking terms with Simon Cowell and various other celebrities who popped up on the telly
    -She was a child star and was 'Matilda' but her parents chose to change her name to protect her and moved her to England
    -Windows 7 was her idea (that could've been a joke tbh, but you can never really tell!)

So yeah, there are plenty more - literally everything that came out of her mouth was a lie! Very strange, and I think she thought people believed her aswell!

Ohh yeah and edited to add; her work phoned me one day and asked if I knew anything about her having cancer, obviously I was shocked and felt really bad for her, but then it turned out she had said it to a patient because they were worried about loosing their hair (she worked in a cancer ward and has always had a full head of hair) - so another BLATANT lie!

I know someone like that.
    I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to deal with them. Should I try to get them help??

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I just laugh when people make up lies and it's obvious. When I was in year 4 this girl in my class was off sick one day, the next day she came in and told everyone she hadn't been at school because she had given birth to twins because she'd had sex with a boy in the class behind the bike sheds the week before.

ReputationRep:
    dont be associated with those sorts of people then? simples*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mispar)
    I know someone like that.
    I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to deal with them. Should I try to get them help??
    Not sure about that one; we decided that she had histrionic personality disorder but didn't know how to raise the subject. I did send an anonymous email to her doctor, although that probably wasn't a wise move and wouldn't reccomend it!
    I'm not sure what her husband has done to be honest as I moved out before we started the ball rolling, but yeah research personality disorders as compulsive lying is usually a trait.
    Only thing is, they really do have to accept they have a problem before accepting help and most people with PD drop out of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) before giving it a chance
    Looks like we just have to live with it. I think the best thing (personally) to do is to tell them straight out when you think they're lying (don't humiliate them in public though), and if they squirm and make excuses hold your ground and just repeat "I'm sorry but I don't believe you", make sure you stay friendly, tell them you're a shoulder to cry on and see what happens.
    At the end of the day it's a win-win situation for you; if they block you out you don't have to see her again, and if she get's help she may stop lying!
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    Honestly I just laugh when people make up lies and it's obvious. When I was in year 4 this girl in my class was off sick one day, the next day she came in and told everyone she hadn't been at school because she had given birth to twins because she'd had sex with a boy in the class behind the bike sheds the week before.
    I was off sick for a couple of days once and when I came back I told people in RE that I had died! That my heart had stopped and I had 'seen the light', it was an obvious lie and I think I only did it for laughs, but my RE teacher phoned up my foster parents and told them she thought that they were out of order sending me back to school so soon after my ordeal! Owned up to that one pretty quickly! I think we all tell lies sometimes, for laughs, attention or whatever but as long as you can say, well yeah it was bull really then I don't see the harm. I was pretty young as well (year 7?) and haven't done it since...

ReputationRep:
    There was a girl in my year at school who did nothing but lie.

It all started in our last year when we were learning to drive and she was saying her uncle is a formula 1 race driver and she was getting lessons at knockhill in a Ferrari and that he had bought her a BMW Z3 Convertible. She even posted a picture of a Z3 onto facebook and said it was hers when it was just a picture of someone elses.

Then when people were asking about the car she said it was broken and that he had now bought her a silver mini.

So eventually one of my friends phones up the girls mum and asks when they can see the car and her mums like " what car she hasn't even had any lessons" haha lying ****.

both sound like petty little school girls
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    delete her and move on with your life sounds like youre doing better anyway what does it matter what other people think? shes the one whos gonna end up the shelf stacker (i dont know what it is you both do but you get my point )
    • TSR Support Team

I just ignore people who lie, usually they do it to get attention.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand liars like that. It's just unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    Some boy I know said that he invented the 'Never Eat Shredded Wheat' thing for north east south west. ¬.¬
    it couldn't have been him... It was me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolic99)
    it couldn't have been him... It was me!
    Hmmm I will take that comment with a dash of salt, and pepper.:shifty:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.