The Student Room Group

The Game. Played by guys, judged by girls.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Broderss
I can't imagine that would work terribly well in your area, considering you're from practically the north pole...

We up there have evolved Hypo thermo genesis breadsticks. Like that swimmer in cold water so that we can survive holding it out for a couple of minutes without feeling the effects.
Original post by Broderss
I can't imagine that would work terribly well in your area, considering you're from practically the north pole...

Well at the moment it's like the North pole.

And it wouldn't work very well because let's face it, people wearing little or no clothing is just a normal part of saturday nights in newcastle
Reply 22
Original post by m45
id go over there with my laptop, whack out runescape.... show her how deep i am in the wildy while wearing nothing but a chef's hat and procede to tell her how i defeat the most deadly of dragons. once she starts to sweat from excitement, offer her a tissue and the rest is history

Hahaha
That actually made me laugh.
Reply 23
Stare at them if they stare back, get angry at them for staring at you, then forgive them, then get to know them, make up a bull**** excuse about how your new in (insert current area) ask if they wanna hang out, make a bull**** excuse for them to come over to your house, and have the balls to do everything i just stated.
Reply 25
Original post by Neil_K
In my opinion there's no such thing as 'game' etc. To me, 'game' implies PUA bull****, tactics/techniques/lies etc and generally putting on some fake persona to impress women and somehow get to them to be attracted to you. 'Game' is something men invented because they can't get women by being themselves.

For me, I'm devoid of 'game' and instead I'm simply honest and myself with women. Some girls will be attracted to me, some won't, that's all there is to it.

I don't like the way the OP approaches that girls in his example. Why ask if she goes to the same uni as an 'excuse' to start a conversation. You blatantly know she doesn't go to the same uni, so why ask?

The truth is, you lack the balls to just say what you're REALLY thinking.

If I was in that situation, I'd simply look her in the eyes, and tell her I think she's attractive. I might compliment her appearance/what she's wearing...basically whatever about her I find attractive. Then I'd introduce myself and tell her I'd love to get to know her, and the conversation would take off from there. I wouldn't use any bull**** 'game' etc; I'd simply be myself, and not hide the fact I find her attractive and want to get to know her.

this is the best approach. i have had a number of guys approach me randonmly in this way, they just stop me in the the bookstore or street or trainstation and say the following. it works 90% of the time on single gals who need it good. no game required.

DUDE: '(insert XYZ opening line - the trains are so delayed grumble grumble, this book is crap have you read the sequel etc) then excuse me, i hope you dont mind me saying but i think you are realyl beautful.'
GIRL: blushes, tank you (giggles)
DUDE: My name is Raul Nineinch Columbo, whats yours?
GIRL: Pussy Galore
DUDE: do you come here often/what do you think of X?
GIRL: giggles shyly and vainly
DUDE: oh really, how interesting, i agree totally!! (say this regardless of the anwser)wow you're hair is so pretty, such an unusual colour! I work as an XYZ just round there corner. what brings you here?
GIRL: i was just shopping for some more makeup
DUDE: wow!! what a coincidence!!!me too (again say this regardless of the answer)so, the big question, are you single, seeing anyone?
GIRL: im single
DUDE: oh really? why??
GIRL: because i have really high standards (twiddles hair vainly and looks stuck up)how the hell does anyone anser this
DUDE:i would never have thought a gal so beautiful as you wuld be single! this is really cheeky of me, but like, lifes so short to pass up a chance, do you mind if i tak e you out for dinner sometime?
GIRL: (secretly hasnt been on a date in 6 months and needs it bad, and is impressd with Raul Nineinch Colombo's manly approach)wow yes ok then
DUDE: cool, awesome. that will be rad. i gotta run in a minute, gotta get back to work. man my boss makes me wana chunder for sure. but just quickly, let me have your number gorgeous and i'll give you a call sometime?
GIRL: 017660382722020202
DUDE: wow you have an amazing smile/cute dimple/faceass. ok cutie, i'll for sure give you a call sometime soon and we can hook up. see ya around sweet cheeks
GIRL: (is too vainly self absorbed to think straight given the flattery overload) yeah ok, bye Raul(giggles)
DUDE: (winks then manly-swaggers off, with a slight bowl to his walk)

this will definately work.
Original post by Neil_K
In my opinion there's no such thing as 'game' etc. To me, 'game' implies PUA bull****, tactics/techniques/lies etc and generally putting on some fake persona to impress women and somehow get to them to be attracted to you. 'Game' is something men invented because they can't get women by being themselves.

For me, I'm devoid of 'game' and instead I'm simply honest and myself with women. Some girls will be attracted to me, some won't, that's all there is to it.

I don't like the way the OP approaches that girls in his example. Why ask if she goes to the same uni as an 'excuse' to start a conversation. You blatantly know she doesn't go to the same uni, so why ask?

The truth is, you lack the balls to just say what you're REALLY thinking.

If I was in that situation, I'd simply look her in the eyes, and tell her I think she's attractive. I might compliment her appearance/what she's wearing...basically whatever about her I find attractive. Then I'd introduce myself and tell her I'd love to get to know her, and the conversation would take off from there. I wouldn't use any bull**** 'game' etc; I'd simply be myself, and not hide the fact I find her attractive and want to get to know her.

Yes I think this is a good approach. I don't agree with the approach that you see sometimes where guys suggest introducing yourself, then getting a girls number then making an excuse to get off because you have stuff to do. Even if a girl is hot I'm not desperate to get her number, I want to suss her out first to see if I'm interested, because a lot of girls are hot. I would usually start a conversation without the goal of wanting her number, and I wouldn't tell her that I found her attractive, if she is attractive she will already know that. During the conversation I usually discover something that just makes me think "fit, but not for me", but if she seems to be my type and we get on it's just completely natural to get a number at the end, it's not even hard to ask if the conversaton has flowed.
I just lost The Game. :frown:
Original post by shinytoy

this is the best approach. i have had a number of guys approach me randonmly in this way, they just stop me in the the bookstore or street or trainstation and say the following. it works 90% of the time on single gals who need it good. no game required.

DUDE: '(insert XYZ opening line - the trains are so delayed grumble grumble, this book is crap have you read the sequel etc) then excuse me, i hope you dont mind me saying but i think you are realyl beautful.'
DUDE: oh really, how interesting, i agree totally!! (say this regardless of the anwser)wow you're hair is so pretty, such an unusual colour! I work as an XYZ just round there corner. what brings you here?
DUDE: wow!! what a coincidence!!!me too (again say this regardless of the answer)so, the big question, are you single, seeing anyone?
GIRL: because i have really high standards (twiddles hair vainly and looks stuck up)how the hell does anyone anser this
DUDE:i would never have thought a gal so beautiful as you wuld be single! this is really cheeky of me, but like, lifes so short to pass up a chance, do you mind if i tak e you out for dinner sometime?
GIRL: (secretly hasnt been on a date in 6 months and needs it bad, and is impressd with Raul Nineinch Colombo's manly approach)wow yes ok then
DUDE: cool, awesome. that will be rad. i gotta run in a minute, gotta get back to work. man my boss makes me wana chunder for sure. but just quickly, let me have your number gorgeous and i'll give you a call sometime?
DUDE: wow you have an amazing smile/cute dimple/faceass. ok cutie, i'll for sure give you a call sometime soon and we can hook up. see ya around sweet cheeks
GIRL: (is too vainly self absorbed to think straight given the flattery overload) yeah ok, bye Raul(giggles)

This is gonna give so many sapless kids false hopes. :lol:
Reply 29
..Awh **** I lost the game...
Wearing my most outrageous pua outfit say golden spandex with a harris tweed blazer and a tiara. I'd stroll down the train select the most attractive girl 9/10 min obeying the 3 second rule. If there is a Boyfriend I'd just AMOG him to tears. Depending on how I'm feeling I'd select an appropriate opener. Maybe something like... If I wasn't gay you'd so be mine or the jealous girlfriend routine might be preferable in the given setting. Then make small talk and consolidate my position with a series of prelearned routines the cube ect. I'd then depending on how this was going attempt a kiss close. Followed by an invitation to join me the toilets (the change of location giving the illusion of a second date).

^ game theory :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by TruckBear
I just lost The Game. :frown:

Gah!!! I hadn't lost for months :frown:

What the ****? Raul Nineinch Columbo told me I was the only one :|
I like The Game, he's a pretty good rapper.
Did I not see you in vogue the other day?
Reply 35
Original post by cottonheart
What the ****? Raul Nineinch Columbo told me I was the only one :|

lady its no coincidence that Columbo rhymes with Jumbo. what did you expect from a guy with a name like that?
Reply 36

In general that's an 'ok' approach, but there are a lot of weaknesses in his approach. The guy in your example reminds me of myself around 6 years ago before I refined my approach. I'd only give his approach 6/10 for the following reasons....

1) He uses an excuse to get into the conversation before telling the girl he thinks she's attractive. Personally I'd tell the girl STRAIGHT AWAY that I find her attractive. When I approach a girl, I don't beat around the bush, I get right to the point.

2) He asks her permission to tell her she's beautiful...he says 'I hope you don't mind me saying'....I'd never say that, I'd simply TELL HER, without putting the 'softener' in front of my compliment.

3) He fluffs about with too much 'trivial small talk' after he compliments her. I don't do that. I keep all my conversation centered around my desire to share a girl's company romantically/sexually...I don't let the conversation degenerate into bull**** small talk.

4) He asks if she's single. I never ask. I just ASSUME a girl is single and carry on accordingly. If the girl is single and in a relationship with a guy she truly loves, then she'll tell me soon enough that she's not single. And if she doesn't mention her bf, that means that she's either single, or she's with someone who isn't satisfying her needs properly, in which case I'm in and I carry on as normal....

5) He invites her out for dinner. I personally think dinner dates are weak and cliched for a first date. Dinner dates are too formal. Also, you're spending money on someone who you haven't even gotten intimate with yet (unless you go dutch), and this just sets up the frame that you're trying to buy your way into a woman's pants. Personally, I only want to date women who like me for me and not because I spent money on them.

A much better first date is to meet up for a cup of coffee, and just chat and see if you are compatible. It's more relaxed and less formal. Also, if it doesn't work out, you've spend a couple of quid at most. But if you take someone out for dinner, you're going to spend far more money...and there's no guarantee you'll get anything out of it. I don't like to spend money on a girl until AFTER I've had sex with her.

Or better still, don't even bother with DATES...instead, just MEET UP and get to know each other. This is a far more natural way to get to know someone instead of 'forced rituals' such as dates. I don't mind meeting a girl for coffee as a first date, but never dinner until AFTER I've slept with her.

6) He mentions his boss. Better to BE the boss, i.e. work for yourself....that way you'll be perceived as more successful in life, which is an attractive trait!

7) He asks for the girl's phone number. I never ask for a girl's phone number. A phone number itself is useless...I mean, you can't f*ck a phone number! Instead, I have a load of business cards printed out and I carry them with me wherever I go. After approaching a girl, I hand her my card and tell her to call me when she's not busy and if she fancies getting together sometime in the next few weeks.

This forces women to chase me (putting me in the power position). It also weeds out the girls who aren't interested from those who are, as only the ones who are interested will call. I used to take girls' phone numbers and call THEM...but I found I was wasting far too much time and emotional energy on girls who weren't actually interested in me, but rather they just gave out their number to me. Nowadays, I don't have that problem. By giving out my number instead, I can concentrate ONLY on the girls who are actually interested in meeting up with me, thus saving me a lot of time (as I'm a busy guy).

Also, when you talk to a girl and then DON'T take her number, it makes you stand out from other men because you're being non-needy and basically saying you can 'take her or leave her'. Women are intrigued by men who are different and non-needy and who they have to work to get their attention. There is nothing more needy and pathetic than a guy who constantly calls girls who aren't interested, so never take another phone number again....

I also have a separate phone purely for dating. This way, any calls or texts I get on this phone, I know it's from a girl I gave my business card to.

8) He says 'me too', when the girl mentions she's out shopping for makeup. Wtf! Is he gay or totally feminine?

And finally, you say this approach will 'definitely work'. Sorry, but no approach 'definitely' works as in works 100% of the time. Rejection is a part of the game. Some girls will be interested, others won't.

So overall, his approach is 'ok', but there are a lot of weaknesses too.
(edited 13 years ago)
Just walk up to her and shout "INTERCOURSE!" Stan Smith style.
Reply 38
i'm no 'player' but the game is quite straightforward: tell the truth otherwise she will know, and don't pretend to be anything you're not.
Reply 39
Original post by OceanInTheSky
Just walk up to her and shout "INTERCOURSE!" Stan Smith style.

That's a little strong, personally i go for "FOREPLAY THEN INTERCOURSE!"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending