Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm very proud to be a Liberal Democrat Watch

ReputationRep:
    You guys are doing a fine job, damn fine!

ReputationRep:
    You are not a liberal democrat. You only support them.

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dem= Lib joke

ReputationRep:
    They are the most untrustworthy party there at the moment, they ditched their flagship policy even before the Tories had a chance to ask them to. Lib Dems = Power hungry liars, Labour = Financially incompetent, Tories = Cold, out of touch.

ReputationRep:
    There's an entire generation coming through that will hate the lib dems and we won't let anyone forget about it, seriously enjoy this government while it lasts, the lib dems were more popular than ever 6 months ago and they actually lost seats, they're off the map come the next general

ReputationRep:
    What is this "moral mandate"? personally, I don't think any of the Liberal democrats main policies which they stated in their manifesto have been acheived. PR is definitely not going to go through as the Conservatives hold strongly that they will oppose. Not to mention the tuition fee pledge that has now gone down the drane. Those that still vote Lib Dems can only be dogmatic if they think they still stand for putting liberal values at the heart of British government.

ReputationRep:
    It's strange because when I do the tests my political compass puts me well in the middle of Lib Dem terratory, but I seem to find myself disagreeing with the vast majority of things that they have either promoted or acquiesed to in this government. They are in my area, just fighting the wrong battles.

ReputationRep:
    How can you be a proud member of a political party?

ReputationRep:
    What, do you want a medal or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calannra)
    So you find it alright for the Lib Dem's to lead students into believing they're against any rising of student fees and aim to abolish them all together? I think the lib dem's are absolute ****ers! not voting for them again
    Naughty lib dems copied the Labour party's old tricks of telling lies to get elected. Same old same old, time to move on as this is getting like a bad breakup, hurt feelings recriminations, never being able to trust again. The students who were virgin voters at the last election will come to realise as each and every general election comes round this ain't nothing new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm not a student, nor have I ever been one, nor do I intend to be one. I'm merely making a rather accurate observation. There's nothing that I can recall that they said would be done in this coalition that actually has been done. They're nothing but a joke party.
    In fairness, something like 45% of what is in the Coalition Agreement is actually from the Lib Dem election manifesto.

I voted Lib Dem last election, and will almost certainly do so at the next one. Of course I'm disappointed they've broken promises, but why should that change my mind? All parties do it, without even the excuse of being in a Coalition. But no, I wouldn't say I was proud.

ReputationRep:
    Well someone's got to be i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I wasted my vote on the Lib Dems

I should have listened to my mum and voted for Labour :facepalm2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.