Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do Primary Education (5-11) Still waiting to hear if they invite me for an interivew!
    How long did it take for you all to hear? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire3596)
    I've applied to do Primary Education (5-11) Still waiting to hear if they invite me for an interivew!
    How long did it take for you all to hear? xx
    Hiya! I applied in October. I heard back a week later to say i had an interview in November. A week after the interview i had an email to say they wanted to offer me a place and would update the GTTR shortly. Fingers crossed you get a interview! Let me know if you have any questions! The interview is so relaxed and everyone is really friendly so don't worry!! xx

ReputationRep:
    What sort of things did you do during the interview?? I have my interview on Weds for Primary Teaching 5-11 years at Canterbury. Scary!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannerr-c)
    What sort of things did you do during the interview?? I have my interview on Weds for Primary Teaching 5-11 years at Canterbury. Scary!!
    same, pretty nervous haha

ReputationRep:
    Is it for your PGCE Primary of B.Ed Primary. Mine was PGCE was really straightforward. Introduction talk with Graham and a quick maths test which is only 10 questions and really basic so don't worry about it. Your then put into groups and you go off to a room where you talk about a question which they give you when you get together then you do a quick presentation on it. After that you have an English test which is just a written task based on the presentation you did. After that the 2 interviewers ask you basic why do you want to teach or what would you do if sort of questions and you discuss your answers within the group. They just want you to show your how interested you are and how serious you are but they also what to know that your 100% committed to the course and the long hours that go with it. Just refer a lot to any voluntary placements you have done and how you think they went etc. Any other questions just ask!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazza888)
    same, pretty nervous haha
    Hope the interview went well... How did you get on? Fingers crossed you here something back soon!!

ReputationRep:
    Hope the interview went well... How did you get on? Fingers crossed you here something back soon!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer88)
    My interview isn't tell wednesday but thanks for the interest =] I will let you know what they say, i think i'm prepared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazza888)
    My interview isn't tell wednesday but thanks for the interest =] I will let you know what they say, i think i'm prepared
    I thought it was this Wednesday!! Sorry! Good luck anyway! Is it for your PGCE or B.Ed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmed1309)
    Hiya

I'm at CCCU in my first year at the moment and loving it
    It can be expensive , but it depends on where you live. At the moment I am living in Sergeants Parade in the Parham Student Village. Which is the most expensive option I think ... I didn't specifaclly ask for it on my choices,Parham was third on my list but with the less expensive room. So don't count on getting the accommodation you wanted.It is possible to change rooms but you have to wait until after the first month.

It's cheap to get food here because there are the main supermarkets e.g Asda and Morrisons. Tesco's is only an express one though. There is also a netto and aldi .

Hope this helps
    Feel free to ask me more questions
    Hiya! i'v just got my place at cccu, i need to sort out my accommodation, but have no idea what is the best place to stay!? I dont want to live anywhere really boring, any accommodation you think looks gd? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Embotham)
    Hiya! i'v just got my place at cccu, i need to sort out my accommodation, but have no idea what is the best place to stay!? I dont want to live anywhere really boring, any accommodation you think looks gd? thanks
    Well where I live at the moment isn't boring, Parham student village has many students living there so there is always something going on. From what I've heard Pin hill is like party central and full of people who like to have a good time. Pin hill is very near to the club chemistry .
    Lanfranc (or lanfranicans) tend to stick together and seem a bit more serious about things and like pubs .
    On campus accommodation seems to be the quietest out of the lot of them .
    All of the accommodation has its pros and cons. It really depends on who your living with on how boring your year will be!
    Several facebook groups were set up by the union last year so that people could get to know each other before they arrived. When you get confirmation of your accommodation have a look on them (they are usually set up mid august) and search for people living with you. Get to know them and try to make friends Also go out on the first night of freshers together as a house,it really brings together the whole house.Invite your neighbours as well!

Hope this has helped!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, first post.

i applied for bioscience, nothing from them yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer88)
    I thought it was this Wednesday!! Sorry! Good luck anyway! Is it for your PGCE or B.Ed?
    neither of the two, it is an interview for history the v100. =]

ReputationRep:
    so i just recieved a letter saying, i dont have enough experience but they are giving me 3 weeks to shadow an OT and then i have to email them :/ i'm kinda gutted but I have done some experience so hopefully it will be enough :/

ReputationRep:
    Finally sent off my UCAS application on the 14th of this month- how long does it usually take to hear a reply and is it costumary to be invited for an interview rather than a straight up offer?

Oh, and i've applied for English.

ReputationRep:
    Had my Primary Education BA(Hons) 5-11 last weds(19th) and I think it went well, they said that it might be a long wait for a yes cause of OFSTED. Lame! I hope I get a place, It seemed like a good uni

ReputationRep:
    got an offer after the interview today, quality. Atm its my firm

ReputationRep:
    People applying for primary ed did you dress formally or smart casual, my interview is on wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strongone)
    i have an interview for primary education with languages in Feb
    Hey strongone.... i'm waiting to hear back for the PMFL Course aswell for an interview.. let me know how you get on :-)

ReputationRep:
    the interview went well - i think

i hope they let us know soon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.