The Student Room Group

For people who have casual SEX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by effofex
If you were going out one night, would you know for sure whether or not you would be having casual sex that night? Many people simply may not be prepared - and this scheme would cater for that.

Even if they were intoxicated, what would be the excuse for not using a condom and a femidom if these contraceptives were readily availalbe - i.e. directly in front of them. The cards could be used indefinitely, with payment collected later by sending an invoice to the address at which the user is registered.

A lot of people do generally take condoms out with them when they go out, for the just in case scenario. If they don't they probably won't swap the toilet vending machine option for a fully in view vending machine. Also, if someone doesn't often have one night stands, they probably wouldn't think they would make any use of the vending machine. i really don't see swapping coins for a card and putting it outside in full view of everyone revolutionising vending machines, nor having much of, if any, impact on the incidence of std's
Reply 21
ERm.... Im eating here :P
Original post by Alt__x
Jeez, twenty one years of virginity have really given you a lot of time to think about this kind of stuff! I'd advise you to go out and get some sex as soon as possible, and stop over complicating a ONS.

Exactly. Plus I think STD test results usually need to be sent to a lab to be examined right? I doubt that an instant STD testing kit is feasible for this reason.

Anyway a lot of people carry condoms with them as standard (as the replies here have shown) and most sensible sexually active people get STD tested regularly as it's free on the NHS and is relatively easy to do and gives you great peace of mind.

There are definitely some people out there for whom casual sex is not really thought through and where mistakes are made in terms of spreading diseases and getting pregnant all over the place (ew) but I think the best solution is education. If people are stupid enough to have casual sex with someone without contraception, for example, are they really going to take notice of your special vending machines? I doubt it.

PS. Please don't go on Dragon's Den with this idea. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
I have had casual sex with 2 guys but after a while It got boring. Now that I'm in a relationship the sex is sooo much better.
Reply 24
Original post by Hopple
They should staple free condoms to paychecks and benefits. If you get paid straight into a bank account then I suppose staple 30 or so condoms to your monthly bank statement.

stapling condoms = never a good idea!!!

apart from that i like it :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by Claire_Spoon
Who uses femidoms anyway? :lolwut:

Careful women do :smile:
Original post by effofex

When most people go out they tend to have their wallet/driving licence/Oyster card on them so it wouldn't be too much of an extrapolation.

And most single people also carry a condom. Nobody would go to the effort of obtaining this card when they could just carry a condom round instead. Which most people do. If they're the kind of people who would forget or not bother, then they're the kind of people who would forget or not bother with this oyster card thing.

Are you seriously not understanding this?
Original post by BBYoungLady
I have had casual sex with 2 guys but after a while It got boring. Now that I'm in a relationship the sex is sooo much better.

..dude, did you read the thread?
Reply 28
Original post by black_mamba
Exactly. Plus I think STD test results usually need to be sent to a lab to be examined right? I doubt that an instant STD testing kit is feasible for this reason.

Anyway a lot of people carry condoms with them as standard (as the replies here have shown) and most sensible sexually active people get STD tested regularly as it's free on the NHS and is relatively easy to do and gives you great peace of mind.

There are definitely some people out there for whom casual sex is not really thought through and where mistakes are made in terms of spreading diseases and getting pregnant all over the place (ew) but I think the best solution is education. If people are stupid enough to have casual sex with someone without contraception, for example, are they really going to take notice of your special vending machines? I doubt it.

PS. Please don't go on Dragon's Den with this idea. :rolleyes:

It is more for this section of the population that the dispensing machines would be designed for. If they are glowing and flashing then naturally many intoxicated people may gravitate towards them. On the condom packets you could also have warnings (similar to on cigarette packets) specifying what kind of diseases (and their physial manfestations) shaggers could contract were they not to take contraceptive precautions.
Reply 29
Original post by effofex
It is more for this section of the population that the dispensing machines would be designed for. If they are glowing and flashing then naturally many intoxicated people may gravitate towards them. On the condom packets you could also have warnings (similar to on cigarette packets) specifying what kind of diseases (and their physial manfestations) shaggers could contract were they not to take contraceptive precautions.

And very intoxicated people would take notice of this, do you think? Have you ever been drunk, just out of curiosity? Drunk people don't go toward the light like moths.......
Original post by BBYoungLady

Thanks for letting us know even though it's totally unrelated to this thread.
Original post by Bubbles0ox
Generally if people want casual sex, they'll be prepared with condoms or can get them from vending machines.

If people are drunk enough or dont want to use a condom then they wont, this idea will make no difference.

I agree with this.
Reply 32
Original post by missygeorgia
And most single people also carry a condom. Nobody would go to the effort of obtaining this card when they could just carry a condom round instead. Which most people do. If they're the kind of people who would forget or not bother, then they're the kind of people who would forget or not bother with this oyster card thing.

Are you seriously not understanding this?

Maybe there may not be much of a need for payment on card since people could just use coins/notes/credit/debit cards. But how do you know most single people carry a condom? I've always been single and never carried a condom and don't think most of the male friends I've gone to pubs/bars/snooker clubs etc. with have either.

Are you single? If not, when you were single, did you carry a femidom on your person regularly?

Yes, there are some complacent people who may not carry a condom/femidom - but if they feel the urge to make sexy love with someone one night, then that is where the dispenser comes to the rescue for them. Obviously for the prepared people the dispenser doesn't add any value, but for the unprepared ones it could come in very handy before they get down and dirrrty.
Reply 33
Original post by effofex
Careful women do :smile:

no...since they are very ineffective thats not a good message to be giving out :s-smilie:
Original post by HumanNature1992
I agree with this.

Reply 35
Original post by effofex
Maybe there may not be much of a need for payment on card since people could just use coins/notes/credit/debit cards. But how do you know most single people carry a condom? I've always been single and never carried a condom and don't think most of the male friends I've gone to pubs/bars/snooker clubs etc. with have either.

Are you single? If not, when you were single, did you carry a femidom on your person regularly?

Yes, there are some complacent people who may not carry a condom/femidom - but if they feel the urge to make sexy love with someone one night, then that is where the dispenser comes to the rescue for them. Obviously for the prepared people the dispenser doesn't add any value, but for the unprepared ones it could come in very handy before they get down and dirrrty.

You have a great way with words. Shame the idea sucks.
Reply 36
Original post by lawology
no...since they are very ineffective thats not a good message to be giving out :s-smilie:

Why is this? From what I'm aware, obviously you need to be careful when the male inserts his genitalia such that the penis is completely ensheathed by the femidom. Obviously if the penis just goes to one side of it the femidom is rendered useless. What would you recommend instead?
(edited 13 years ago)
I dont think the government would be prepared to implement a scheme like this after pissing off so many people with tuition fee rises.
Original post by HumanNature1992
Thanks for letting us know even though it's totally unrelated to this thread.

anytime mate :smile:
Original post by missygeorgia
..dude, did you read the thread?

I know what the thread is about - I just put my two pence in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending