ReputationRep:
    Ireland
    France
    England
    Wales
    Scotland
    Italy

(I hope)

I think the top three could be in any order though - would be great if all three play well for once.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to put an order:

(1) England
    (2) France
    (3) Ireland (if they beat Scotland) / Scotland (if they beat Ireland)
    (4) see (3)
    (5) Wales - very poor Autumn series, can see that continuing
    (6) Italy - will grab a win though

ReputationRep:
    I can't see a clear cut favorite this year :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    England
    France
    Scotland
    Ireland
    Wales
    Italy

Would be my predictions. Wales are buggered with their injury crises. Lievremont is an arch-tinkerer and his odd-ball selections will cost France I think. Will they have gotten over their thrashing by Australia in the Autumn as well? My team, Scotland always promise much every 6N and this year we are quite heavily tipped, even by BOD! This being so, I'll be modest and predict a 3rd place finish. Italy - still no massive signs of improvement, though they have their Talisman back in Parisse and I think they have a new decent 13 on the horizon, a fella I've seen play for Benetton Treviso - can't remember his name, but he might instill soemthing in the italian back-line. That leaves Ireland - I don't know what will happen to them, tbph. Some in and some out, with still very much the same core as they have always had. I predict 4th for them. England have impressed, much as it pains me to say it (:p:), nothing too major, but their 9-10 axis will dominate I think.

This weekend?

Wales v England: 21-25
    Scotland v France: 18-22
    Italy v Ireland: 12-15

ReputationRep:
    Scotland for the title.

ReputationRep:
    My prediction is

(1) France (title)
    (2) England
    (3) Ireland
    (4) Scotland
    (5) Wales
    (6) Italy

England to beat Ireland, France to beat England, Ireland to beat France

ReputationRep:
    I think England are going to get the title but not the grand slam after that it could go anyway with France,Ireland and Wales with Scotland in 5th and Italy bottom

ReputationRep:
    My predictions for friday and the weekend:

Wales -15 23 - England (Wales' weakened scrum etc.)
    France - 20 10 - Scotland (Scotland have been strong in form, but still find scoring tries a problem - 7 in 14 games apparently)
    Italy - 19 13 - Ireland (I feel Ireland's injuries, coupled with a strong Italian pack could mean an upset)

ReputationRep:
    I think how well we (wales) do will depend on the game tonight.
    As a few people have said we have quite a few injuries, and we were awful in the autumn. But I think if we can beat England, it'll give us some confidence and self belief that we can talk through the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna throw it out there and say:

1) England
    2) France
    3) Ireland
    4) Scotland
    5) Wales
    6) Italy

ReputationRep:
    COME ON WALESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS! :woo:

I might be going Millenium tonight, depending if my mate got me a ticket or not!

Dwi'n dwli a'r Cymru :love:

ReputationRep:
    Why have so many people put Wales to come 5th lol? You shall all be pleasantly surprised :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    "We have to think 'we are England, we are the big country, we are going to put these guys in their place'"
    - Ben Foden on the game tonight.

If that's not motivation for us to go out and smash them tonight nothing is. You're gonna get a warm welcome tonight England

France will win. No grand slam though. Ireland maybe 2nd. England will screw it up like always and Italy will fight with Scotland for last place.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Curzon)
      "We have to think 'we are England, we are the big country, we are going to put these guys in their place'"

If that's not motivation for us to go out and smash them tonight nothing is. You're gonna get a warm welcome tonight England
      I know this relates to football, but I think it still can apply here.
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...ng-543097.html
      "Look what these *******s have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our houses and they only live in them for a fortnight every 12 months. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English. And that is who you are playing this afternoon."
      And maybe listen to the song "Yma O Hyd" and find the lyrics (essentially saying we're still here despite everything).

Come on wales!

quick edit - I don't mean any hardfeeling by posting this. I live in England, and have a beautiful english girlfriend. But I'm Welsh first and foremost .

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WelshBluebird)
      I know this relates to football, but I think it still can apply here.
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...ng-543097.html

And maybe listen to the song "Yma O Hyd" and find the lyrics (essentially saying we're still here despite everything).

Come on wales!

quick edit - I don't mean any hardfeeling by posting this. I live in England, and have a beautiful english girlfriend. But I'm Welsh first and foremost .
      Cymru am byth.

*dons the suit of armour*

ReputationRep:
      France have to win in England and Ireland. I can't see that happening unless they are a completely new side, but they often choke away from home.

I think the winner of the 6N depends on the Wales v England game. It's going to be close. I think Wales will win depending if they don't make silly mistakes which is what we are so prone to do. But i think if we play well and win with the fixture list as it is i can see us winning it or jointing top (only losing to France as it's away) but one things for sure, it's gonna be one close tournament. We said it last year, but this year i think it's just more tight than ever!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Curzon)

Ben Foden =

Spoiler:
      Show

I'm in England's corner tonight though lads, I'm afraid. I just think they'll bully you, and I haven't seen enough from the Wales backs since the last 6N to convince me otherwise.

OP - Can we change the title of this thread to the 'Official Six Nations Thread'?

My predictions for the tournament:

1. Ireland (Don't hate, I can't not put them there!)
      2. England
      3. France
      4. Scotland
      5. Wales
      6. Italy

Not sure about GS, could see us choking vs. France or being tripped up in Scotland, but I hold out hope!

Sean O'Brien = player of the tournament. Heard it here first.

ReputationRep:
      I was going to say i didn't fancy Ireland at all but their fixture list this year is kind. Who knows what could happen?

Wales
      Ireland
      France
      England
      Scotland
      Italy

My predo from my biased but objective perspective.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Gob Bluth)
      I was going to say i didn't fancy Ireland at all but their fixture list this year is kind. Who knows what could happen?

Wales
      Ireland
      France
      England
      Scotland
      Italy

My predo from my biased but objective perspective.
      Problem with our "kind" fixture set up is that every other year we have an ice cream's chance in hell of doing anything with trips to Twickenham and Paris.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.