Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Blitzkrieg mit dem Fleischgewehr Watch

ReputationRep:
    Blitzkrieg bop!

ReputationRep:
    Ramm-Stein

Legs, Shoulders and Biceps

Had to go early this morning. Also had to have wheetbix before, so I wasn't really full of energy and raring to go..

Squat

175kg for 3
    - not that bad considering I had fuck all energy, and havn't squatted for 3ish weeks

Military Press

50kg 6 x 3

Very easy, wanting to start light and build it up though, otherwise I know I'm going to get stuck on 65kg again. Also havn't properly training military press for a longgg time.

Underhand Chin Up

Useless at pulling my bodyweight lol. Aim at first is to get 20 in as few sets as possible, then 30, then Ill start adding weight

5/4/3/3/3/2

Thats all today, real high volume stuff tomorrow then ill take the weekend off

On another note, I had to wait for 20mins for a guy who took a bar over to the lat pull down machine (where the pull up bar is), whilst he supersetted awful form deadlifts with lat pull downs.

Then he proceeded to go to the squat rack and box squat with a bench. But wait... not just a bench, he set it to about 45 degree incline and sat near the top. He wasn't even quater box squatting!

Saddens me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)

On another note, I had to wait for 20mins for a guy who took a bar over to the lat pull down machine (where the pull up bar is), whilst he supersetted awful form deadlifts with lat pull downs.

Then he proceeded to go to the squat rack and box squat with a bench. But wait... not just a bench, he set it to about 45 degree incline and sat near the top. He wasn't even quater box squatting!

Saddens me
    Today I had to wait for the squat rack because this guy was supersetting bench press with just the bar, reverse crunches and pull ups... something tells me Men's Health is to blame.

High Volume - Chest, Back, Triceps

Hammer Chest Press
    40kg each side
    1x15
    1x14
    1x11

Cable Crossovers
    FST - 7 (7 sets of 12 reps 30 seconds break between)
    20kg for 7x12

Hammer Row
    50kg
    1x15
    1x15
    1x15

Lat Pulldown
    FST - 7
    42.5kg 7 x 12

Skullcrushers
    25kg
    1x15
    1x15
    1x15

Tricep Pulldown
    FST - 7
    35kg 7 x 12

Gonna be aching tomorrow

Not the best of workouts today, lack of food, and feeling very sick after squats destroyed the session!!

Squats

130kg 3 x 10

Hammer Shoulder Press

40kg each side, 3 x 6

Preacher Curl

10kg each side, 3 x 10

Should have done a lot more today, but the squats left me for dead. Feeling very sick, not used to that many reps lol. Will do more weight next time, just need to get used to the higher reps and my fitness!

Shoulders were easy, preachers were very easy

Oh well

Rack Deadlifts
    Bar below the knee

200x1, pretty easy, more in the tank, left it at that for today

havn't rack pulled or deadlifted in a very, very long time

Bench Press

Didn't have a spotter, so didn't go all out

100 3 sets of 2

Easily more next time

Close Grip Bench

worked up to 95kg for 2, a little more in me again

Now I've got these numbers written down time to smash them in the weeks ahead, easily lots of room for improvement as none of the above were that hard.

ReputationRep:
    Legs, Shoulders and Biceps

Had to go early this morning. Also had to have wheetbix before, so I wasn't really full of energy and raring to go..

(
    I always have weetabix before i go gym in the morning, what do you normally eat as a gym breakfast?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the title was from a Rammstein song,but posted in the wrong section. *sigh*

(Original post by xc1991)
    I always have weetabix before i go gym in the morning, what do you normally eat as a gym breakfast?
    Recently, I've been having a load of shredded wheat as that has a real high carb content and it works well for me, I usually have a pre workout pump shake but couldn't because thats in my uni house

I'm just not used to wheetabix. Sick of porridge. I like my cold milk in the morning :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Recently, I've been having a load of shredded wheat as that has a real high carb content and it works well for me, I usually have a pre workout pump shake but couldn't because thats in my uni house

I'm just not used to wheetabix. Sick of porridge. I like my cold milk in the morning :cool:
    fair enough, i have (6) weetabix myself. i just cant understand people that go to the gym on an empty stomach though!

Hopefully I can keep consistent for a few months now so that I can actually make some good gains Since Nov training has been stupid and on and off.

Upper Hypertrophy

Flat Bench
    90kg
    1x8
    1x6
    1x5
    Not the best, bench needs building back up, hopefully muscle memory will speed things right up

Rack Chins
    10kg added
    1x8
    1x8
    1x6 1/2

Easy enough, like this exercise

Military Press
    50kg
    1x8
    1x8
    1x8

Press is shocking lol. Havn't really trained pressing in a hella long time though, all the Russian programming I was on didn't have press

Incline Bench
    70kg
    1x5
    1x5
    1x5

Arms were shaking so much, shoulders were fried, I don't think its a good idea doing incline bench here. Perhaps a fly movement next time.

Front Raise
    20kg
    1x8
    1x8
    1x8

easy peasy

Krock Row
    Right
    40kg x 15
    Left
    40kg x 15

Easy peasy

Legs and arms next, on saturday
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Subbed.

Quite a good session today. Also starting some creatine for a few weeks.

Power - Legs and Arms

Squat

180x2
    140x4

Not in PB territory yet, still building it back up. PB is 190 for 2 so not far off at the moment.

CGPB
    100x2 PB
    60 x 13

Could have done more here, but no spotter, so I didn't want to get pinned. I'll get a mate to come next time

Plate Loaded Ham Curl Machine

60kg x 6

Beat this next time

Rack Chins - Close grip palms facing me

+20kg x 5

I love doing this exercise for lat width, and I feel palm facing chins in my biceps loads, so I thought I would do palms facing close grip rack chins. Enjoyed them, hell of a pump in biceps, more weight next week just need a spot again lol.

All in all good session, high volume upper next, going to be a killer

ReputationRep:
    What are rack chins? Nice squatting.

made famous by doggcrapp training

They are pretty much normal chins, but its easier to add weight, and its harder to cheat, so it works great

also good for people like me who cannot do many normal chins lol
    It focuses more on the lats and less on the core, since you dont have to worry about your legs, also I find this much better for mind/muscle connection. At the end of the set I like? to hold it at the bottom for a nice stretch

ReputationRep:
    Looks pretty ghetto.

I'm be a bit worried about that dumbbell tho :hmmm:

Haha yeh

I use weight plates , and I too worry !! No problems yet though lol

Upper - pump pump pump

Bench
    60 x 20
    60 x 17
    60 x 15

easy enough

Cable Crossovers

FST-7 - 7 sets 10 reps 30 sec break

15kg, 15kg, 10kg, 10kg, 10kg, 10kg, 10kg

Different machine to the one in JJB, heavier, so had to put the weight down.

V Bar pulldown

60 x 15
    60 x 12
    60 x 10

easy enough

Lat Pulldown ultra wide grip

FST-7 , 35kg

more weight next time

snatch grip mil press

x10
    x12
    x10

pussy weight so I don't wanna say lol but its in my log book. still getting used to the exercise and my shoulders suck ****. these are hard though

side arm raise things for shoulders

FST-7

5kg each dumbell

these killed, did them in my bedroom

lower and arms hypertrophy next

ReputationRep:
    What does FST-7 stand for?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.