Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your favourite Biffy Clyro song? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Toss-up between The Kids From Kibble and the Fist of Light, Kill the Old, Torture their Young and There's No Such Thing as a Jaggy Snake. Haven't seen them play for years...probably for the best now; I'd rather have the memory of a shirtless Simon Neil screaming Jaggy Snake at a tent full of mostly-teens, than of what I can only imagine as a room full of swooning girls and folks who want them to play Mountains, Bubbles or whatever else has come off their latest album -- not that I begrudge them their fame, I just dislike the fact that the people who took the piss out of my "goffick" music taste five years ago suddenly like those very same bands...
    If I had any rep left, I'd give it. The setlist these days are just absolutly awful. Many of Horror/Bubbles instead of 'Kill The Old, Torture Their Young'? **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Many of Horror.

That's not to say that their most recent album is my favourite, though; old Biffy <3

ReputationRep:
    Christopher's River, Justboy, Know your Quarry, That Golden Rule, With Aplomb and the Umbrella cover, if by favourite, you mean favourite several.

Seeing them on Saturday

ReputationRep:
    There are so many favourites but it would have to be Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies. The lyrics ring very true and the sound is just generally epic.

Machines would be my number two (yeah, Puzzle was awesome).

ReputationRep:
    27 and I'm Behind You.

ReputationRep:
    Ummmm either Who's Got a Match or Know Your Quarry, I reckon....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Toss-up between The Kids From Kibble and the Fist of Light, Kill the Old, Torture their Young and There's No Such Thing as a Jaggy Snake. Haven't seen them play for years...probably for the best now; I'd rather have the memory of a shirtless Simon Neil screaming Jaggy Snake at a tent full of mostly-teens, than of what I can only imagine as a room full of swooning girls and folks who want them to play Mountains, Bubbles or whatever else has come off their latest album -- not that I begrudge them their fame, I just dislike the fact that the people who took the piss out of my "goffick" music taste five years ago suddenly like those very same bands...
    Oh god, I think I love you. I think the fact that one person posted that Puzzle was their first album sums up how I find it calling myself a fan of this band now.
    If it wasn't for the fact that the band have brilliant support bands on tour (minus the tour happening now), I don't think I could see them again unless they go all Nirvana/Radiohead and try and eradicate their new fans.

For the record my favourite Biffy song is either Time As an Imploding Unit/Waiting for Green or Wave Upon Wave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarlsberg)
    Same, you going on the sunday?
    Nah on the Saturday. I love Death Cab for Cutie more than Jimmy Eat World. But I live in the area so will prolly come eavesdropping at the local pub on Sunday lol.

ReputationRep:
    Biffy Clyro? Gothic? hahahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    The captain or Whos got a match?

Saw them at reading this year, they ****ed **** up

ReputationRep:
    57. not just one of my favourite biffy songs, probably one of my favourite songs of all time!

ReputationRep:
    Not a huge fan. Maybe Who's Gotta Match because I like their accents when they say "burn burn burn"!

ReputationRep:
    Always had a soft spot for Hero Management and House of Roofs. Yearn was great too. Not listened to them in tiiiime

ReputationRep:
    Can't pick just one. Top 5, in no order:
    Saturday Superhouse
    Mountains
    Justboy
    Eradicate the Doubt
    Who's Got a Match? (< Their first song I heard + got me into them)

ReputationRep:
    Justboy, or possibly My Recovery Injection. So glad I got to see them before Only Revolutions... I mean, I love God & Satan, and I'm still going to see them on friday but they just aren't the same band anymore...

ReputationRep:
    I love Biffy so much! Machines and Bubbles are my favourites

ReputationRep:
    Machines <3.

ReputationRep:
    folding stars and machines and breatheher for the more ballad biffy..

glitter and trauma, and cloud of stink for the more quirky type...

that golden rule and who's got a match for live!

ReputationRep:
    Know Your Quarry - reminds me of this awesome Geog trip I had at school last year in lower 6th
    Joy.Discovery.Invention - just a great song

There's No Such Thing as a Jaggy Snake. Their new album is just awful.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.