Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, why do you fiddle with your hair? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who does this...and in the bus there is a plastic panel and while playing with her hair, she will look at her reflection in the panel....I don't get it! :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoshniDiya)
    I don't fiddle! Although i'm always touching it because it's always falling out of place.
    :teehee: :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    :teehee: :sexface:
    Whoops... don't know how i didn't realise how bad that sounded. :angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    I kind of do it anyway, because it's always at the back of my mind that my hair's a permanent bird's nest.

ReputationRep:
    I fiddle with my hair all the time! Mainly because it gives me something to do with my hands, I am very fidgety!

ReputationRep:
    I fiddle with my hair mainly when I'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    i play with my hair whenever, it doesn't mean i fancy you... which has lead to some awkwar situations... why do boys have this idea that playing with your hair means you like them! i just do it like half the time anyway, especially when i'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if most of you girls stopping growing your hair so long it wouldn't need constantly rearranging.

Just have short haircuts ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i play with my hair whenever, it doesn't mean i fancy you... which has lead to some awkwar situations... why do boys have this idea that playing with your hair means you like them! i just do it like half the time anyway, especially when i'm bored.
    Coupling told us that was the case. Are you suggesting they lied to us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeleh)
    I do it when I'm tired
    exactly this, or sometimes when I'm watching TV.

This thread should be unisex...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej3005)
    Just randomly wondering why girls constantly fiddle with their hair if they like someone. It strikes me as kind of a weird thing to do if you are into someone, to start constantly touching and flicking back your hair every time they look at you, and from past experience it seems to be one of the more obvious giveaways.

So I was just curious about what girls are thinking when they do it, are you just feeling self-conscious or do you not even notice you are doing it?
    It's simple.

We think it makes us cute.
    It doesn't though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.