Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lack of confidence. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Get a haircut and ask for a good treatment for your hair. Go on a healthy diet, lots of fruits and vegetables, it will also lighten your mood. Cut out sugar and read meat.
    If your skin is really bad, see a dermatologist. If it is acne, there are effective treatments for that.
    Arrange some home "spa"-days; it doesn't have to be expensive. Just take some time to do a peeling, foot bath, use some lotions and polish your nails and toenails in some nice colours. It'll make you feel feminine

And don't expect to wake up one day and be confident. It takes time. Learn to give compliments to others - it'll increase chances you'll get some in return. And try one exercise: every time you see a woman, try to think of three things you like about her. Not the obvious things (that could make you jealous), but the subtle things, or something about her personality. It may change the way you look at beauty over time.

This all sound clichéd, but worth a shot

ReputationRep:
    I replaced any issues concerning my self-esteem with a narcissistic god-complex. Which seems arrogant, but as a result, I nigh on constantly feel great about myself as a person. In fact, I've never been unhappy with myself. I radiate awesomeness.

You should give it a try. Unfortunately, there's a fine line between pulling it off and being incredibly arrogant. Luckily, the years have helped me to near enough master it. Near enough.

Edit: People keep telling you to cut your hair, go on a diet, etc etc... but what do you think? Is it a materialistic change you need, or a personality change? :holmes:
    I've really been overusing that smiley tonight... I wonder why :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldeegee)
    i'm a szize 12-14 and 2 years ago i was a size 8! (i'm assuming we are talking uk sizes) i would love to be size 10 again. but it's just hard work and determination.

you can buy quite cheap exercise equipment. my family have told me hulahooping every day for an hour works, and i persoanlly did see the difference.
    and asda do some quite good things, i'ts worth searching the internet for help on looking better

your skin and hair will be looking back because of the constant being sick, just make sure you have a good diet... lots of greens

also maybe invest in some self-help books? maybe spend a day with your girlfirends go and get a make over (splash out a bit)

i dont know what else to suggest, sorry if ti doesnt help
    Be glad you're not thin. Im 6"2 and 12 stone, although IM pretty strong, I find it so difficult to gain any size. I have to eat 5 meals a day and a hell of a lot, and basically estroy my body by lifting all I can until 9 cant move weights anymore and bully my body to grow. I would much rather be slightly overweight, where all you have to do is eat less and exercise more, consistently though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would like to be thin
    do this and you'll be hotter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    Want a bet?
    sure, i need the money.

go to any doctor, ask them.

i will guarentee you that they will say just cutting out eating will not be a good way to lose weight as it will make your body go into starvation mode and any fat from the food that you do eat will just be stored to help you keep going.

Does no one understand that I do look after myself? I wear makeup that suits me, I have had a haircut, I do paint my nails, and I wear accessories.

[QUOTE=simtacular;28725746]
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, true! I manage to turn even the positives into the negatives, for example, I had about 10 different guys approach me on one night out recently but I just kept telling myself that they only found me attractive because they had "beer googles" on or were joking around.

:rolleyes: you're probably really beautiful and just can't see it
    Plus you sound quite interesting. Me thinks you are a wasted talent
    Thank you very much .

If you're gonna try lose weight, just dont eat at all. It's easier and less disgusting than bulimia
    No it does not, because once you start eating again your body starts to hold onto the fat more. Anyway, i am not throwing up anymore and I am trying to eat healthily. I don't eat meat, I don't drink fizzy drinks, I have a lot of green tea and water, I take my multi vits, and I have fruit and veg.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you have received some attention you cannot be that bad. The purging though, it will make things worse. Find something that can help you. Do a Gok Wan style makeover if you can.

I think most people have some insecurities. I'm told constantly that I am the "best" guy that many of my friends know, both male and female, but I take that with a pinch of salt. I'm still short!

ReputationRep:
    sure, i need the money.

go to any doctor, ask them.

i will guarentee you that they will say just cutting out eating will not be a good way to lose weight as it will make your body go into starvation mode and any fat from the food that you do eat will just be stored to help you keep going.
    That's funny. Let's just say I have first hand experience of it and it does work.

ReputationRep:
    That's funny. Let's just say I have first hand experience of it and it does work.
    ok. but maybe you're one of the special cases that it has no negative effects on

ReputationRep:
    ok. but maybe you're one of the special cases that it has no negative effects on
    Nope. I'm a normal case. Try it yourself if you dont believe me. Works perfect

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.