Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speech from a 15 y/o on fees to an audience of 1000+ Watch

ReputationRep:
    Good delivery but entirely vacuous. Obviously heavily rehearsed. Only idiots would be taken in by it.

Also the comment about the police belies what an arrogant little **** he actually is. Mock people for having poor education then claim to be in solidarity with the working class? **** off *******.

ReputationRep:
    Awww. It's nice when kids play at being adults

ReputationRep:
    lol i love his attack on police

ReputationRep:
    I was cringing after the first 20 seconds. How utterly melodramatic and over the top.

You've arranged a facebook meeting and trashed the reception of a building. You have not led a revolution. Nor are you Martin Luther King.

In addition, you got kettled for a few hours. You're not a ****ing war veteran. "We were huddling around fires and sharing what little food we had". Lmfao. Please.

Silly little boy.

ReputationRep:
    His accent is annoying!
    but wow! good for him, more people need to see this!

All those saying.. meh he is stupid. he is too young. - well i know when i was 15 i could NEVER speak so well in front such a big audience. He stood up for something he believes in - why is that such a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    This made me cringe so hard.

ReputationRep:
    What rabble rousing *******s.

Good delivery though, vastly better than most people.

Also love the complete bull**** that is his central theme "ordinary students like me have been inspired to get involved" - Google his name - he has been an activist across a wide range of subjects for years and lists his facebook interest as "overthrowing capitalism".

In conclusion - he will be an interesting one to watch if and when he grows out of this childish anti-society rebellion phase.

ReputationRep:
    Quite confident no doubt but lacks substance. Only one worthwhile point he made at the end. Given his age however you can't help but commend him for his delivery of the speech.

ReputationRep:
    "Confidence is no substitute for competence."

I admit, he's not bad, but he clearly doesn't properly understand what is going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    His accent is annoying!
    but wow! good for him, more people need to see this!

All those saying.. meh he is stupid. he is too young. - well i know when i was 15 i could NEVER speak so well in front such a big audience. He stood up for something he believes in - why is that such a bad thing?
    Completely agree with this.

Well, mostly anyway, while I do not think the police are a perfect institution they are there to do their job. I know a couple of up & coming policemen and they say even though they support what the students are doing - they have to stick to their job, as that's what they're trained to do.

But I agree that he is extremely brave to do that, especially to stand up for something he believes in.

ReputationRep:
    Great speech from a precocious little ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    In addition, you got kettled for a few hours. You're not a ****ing war veteran. "We were huddling around fires and sharing what little food we had". Lmfao. Please.

Silly little boy.
    Haha I have to agree, I was expecting him to say 'we lost some great men out there' or something else equally ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    So arrogant it's unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    I'm sorry but he completely cracks me up. His arrogant attitude and insult of the police force disgusts me.
    I take it you have not seen the show Coppers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny.)
    Wow, what an actual load of utter ****e.
    "I was there with students who didn't have any economic knowledge" , confirms what I thought, that a lot of the people have no clue at all what they are protesting about.
    And his smug remark about police officers? What an utter ****.
    haha this is exactly what I was thinking as he said it

ReputationRep:
    oh god, reading the comments in this thread I know I can't watch this, it will be so embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    I watched until the end in the hope that someone would throw something at him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I was cringing after the first 20 seconds. How utterly melodramatic and over the top.

You've arranged a facebook meeting and trashed the reception of a building. You have not led a revolution. Nor are you Martin Luther King.

Silly little boy.
    Quite ****ing True.

(Original post by Manitude)
    Looking at it as an example of "a speech" it's pretty good, especially for his age. He's clearly spent quite some time watching how excellent public speakers make their speeches (I would say he may have taken note from one of the one best public speakers of all time, Hitler, but I really doubt that given that it was a student giving the speech)

I disagree with much of what he said content-wise though.
    No amount of student protests will change the minds of politicians, violent or otherwise. You can make your view known, but don't expect to change minds. They knew the rise in fees would be extremely unpopular - they already know that, and they've made their decision with that knowledge in mind. They have decided that, on balance, it is worth saving the money but having to face thousands of angry students. Politicians are not out to get students and deliberately annoy them or treat them unfairly, they simply saw a large amount of expenditure and reduced it.
    Exactly This.

The boy can speak, and it's nice to see someone stand up for what he believes in, but by God he spouts come crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Looking at it as an example of "a speech" it's pretty good, especially for his age. He's clearly spent quite some time watching how excellent public speakers make their speeches (I would say he may have taken note from one of the one best public speakers of all time, Hitler, but I really doubt that given that it was a student giving the speech)

I disagree with much of what he said content-wise though.
    No amount of student protests will change the minds of politicians, violent or otherwise. You can make your view known, but don't expect to change minds. They knew the rise in fees would be extremely unpopular - they already know that, and they've made their decision with that knowledge in mind. They have decided that, on balance, it is worth saving the money but having to face thousands of angry students. Politicians are not out to get students and deliberately annoy them or treat them unfairly, they simply saw a large amount of expenditure and reduced it.
    I agree, did remind me of an old speech I saw on TV recently of William Hague to the Tory conference when he was about the same age. The content of that speech was high on rhetoric and low on factual argument.

ReputationRep:
    "We huddled around a fire and shared what little food we had"

:rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.