Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    :/
    That really does sound pretty ****ty tbh.
    Why did you apply again to the Medway campus? If I were you and I'd had a really **** experience before, I would have gone to another uni for an MA.
    Slightly off topic but did you like RHUL?
    I have an applicant day on the 15th so I'll see what it's like when I get there. Maybe they've changed? :erm:
    If there's one thing I can't stand, it's disorganisation.
    I want to go to UEA and RHUL more than I do Kent... hope they let me in!
    Xx
    I did go to RHUL, I did 1 year of an undergrad but the course wasn't for me. I LOVED the university. I go back a lot and they were so helpful when I told them I wasn't getting on with the course. Plus, they were really organised and I got to live in Founders, despite being a clearing student (sign up to accommodation waiting list ASAP and if anyone drops out you get offered their room), after only having signed up about 2 days before :yy:

I'm doing an undergrad at Kent. I like the course I'm doing and it's the only place that offers it. If RHUL did my course I would have stayed. Plus Kent is good for art/design courses and I guess they're making the facilities better. The library here is actually excellent, but I'm still not all that impressed.

Also, Medway is closer to home for me, but I would have preferred to be at Canterbury.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Kent when I went - you have to put up with the **** 60's concrete building in most Universities, atleast Kent has tried to hide theirs with trees :')

How long did it take you all to get offers? - I'm hoping to get one as it'll be my first choice if I do.

ReputationRep:
    I got that email, does that mean i have an offer because nothing has come through for me on track yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    Just don't go to the Medway campus. Please, I beg you.
    Medway = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVLiUjCXos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I did go to RHUL, I did 1 year of an undergrad but the course wasn't for me. I LOVED the university. I go back a lot and they were so helpful when I told them I wasn't getting on with the course. Plus, they were really organised and I got to live in Founders, despite being a clearing student (sign up to accommodation waiting list ASAP and if anyone drops out you get offered their room), after only having signed up about 2 days before :yy:

I'm doing an undergrad at Kent. I like the course I'm doing and it's the only place that offers it. If RHUL did my course I would have stayed. Plus Kent is good for art/design courses and I guess they're making the facilities better. The library here is actually excellent, but I'm still not all that impressed.

Also, Medway is closer to home for me, but I would have preferred to be at Canterbury.
    Medway = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVLiUjCXos

ReputationRep:
    What the? I don't even... oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Kent is great. I went via Clearing. No complaints at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Me and a few friends have heard that there are complaints about the student nightlife in Medway, and we are considering doing something about it.

What in your opinion is missing the most? What do you think Medway would benefit most from I.e. Indie night, retro night, latino night, cheese night? more fancy dress or themed nights? etc

Or if you are coming to Medway in September, what would you like to see?

We are aiming to improve the local nightlife and any feedback would be amazing, hopefully this will help to make freshers 2011 really exciting for you guys!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.