Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by f1re)
      cocoa
      milk
      sugar
      Will it work if I melt chocolate chunks in milk?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      no

unless you wanted to melt 3-4 bars?

ReputationRep:
      Hot chocholate mmmm ...... OH no the can is empty .... falling to the floor.... having heart attack......dying......

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by watchthis)
      rep for you for that amazing answer. Any chance you can tell me where to get it in the UK?
      I am not in UK though.
      I've been drinking that since i was a kid and just grew up with it.
      If you want you can get it online here:
      http://www.americansweets.co.uk/amer...283g-540-p.asp

Is there really no American Stores there? Even one?

ReputationRep:
      Cadburys with added cocoa and no adde sugar. Preferably in large quantities when my room is this freezing

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      If you mix melted chocolate with milk, or even water, you get this sort of goopy mess. I THINK it works alright with condensed milk, but I've never had a success with milk and chocolate.

ReputationRep:
      i love malteasers, aero and cadbury hot chocolate, but i like to mix them all together in my mug with some milk using a little hot chocolate whisk then whisk it as im adding the hot water as that makes it all lovely and frothy. though i will drink them on their own, depends which i have in my cupboard.

when out and about i love the thorntons cafe ones though my mum thinks im weird for not liking the marshmallows in the top of it - she understands why i dont let them put cream on the top of it as i hate cream but doesnt get me not liking marshmallows (i like them normally but hate when they start to go all gooey and melty). the best one i ever had was on my italy ski trip a few years ago, it was basically like melted chocolate and was really really nice.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
      I am not in UK though.
      I've been drinking that since i was a kid and just grew up with it.
      If you want you can get it online here:
      http://www.americansweets.co.uk/amer...283g-540-p.asp

Is there really no American Stores there? Even one?
      Oh yeah I've just realised your location says; DC/Cali
      Anyway, yeah same I grew up with it as well, although I used to have it while I lived in Indonesia. I've gone through most stores here and can't seem to find them.
      I guess buying online is my only chance, thanks for the link hahah.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by infernalcradle)
      GALAXY hot choccy...with whipped cream and marshmallows...

having one of those bad boys now...looking out into the snow and feeling roasty toasty
      My favourite! especially after being out in the snow!

ReputationRep:
      Oh yeah I've just realised your location says; DC/Cali
      Anyway, yeah same I grew up with it as well, although I used to have it while I lived in Indonesia. I've gone through most stores here and can't seem to find them.
      I guess buying online is my only chance, thanks for the link hahah.
      :p:
      No problem

ReputationRep:
      Any from Whittards. However, Cadburys does the job.

ReputationRep:
      Swiss miss - it's amazing, it has like mini marshmallows in it. I think it's an American brand and I used to have it quite often while I was living in Indonesia, but I can't seem to find any here in England, which is a shame really as I fancy one right now in this weather.

If anyone spots hot chocolate by the brand of SWISS MISS, contact me ASAP! Thanks haha
      This is so strange! I'm sat here drinking a swiss miss with marshmallow right at this very moment! I go to the US twice a year for 2 or 3 weeks and I looooove swiss miss so I always buy a stash and bring it back! I'm glad I don't share a uni house with you 'cos I assume some would go missing

But I have to agree it is rather special! I also like aero mint and maltesers but nothing compares to swiss miss

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
      :p:
      No problem
      I'm drinking swiss miss with marshmallows right now. It's not really expensive is it but it's really nice! I love it It's so sweet and tasty, mmm! I usually prefer food and drink from England but swiss miss is the one thing I adore

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Red_student)
      This is so strange! I'm sat here drinking a swiss miss with marshmallow right at this very moment! I go to the US twice a year for 2 or 3 weeks and I looooove swiss miss so I always buy a stash and bring it back! I'm glad I don't share a uni house with you 'cos I assume some would go missing

But I have to agree it is rather special! I also like aero mint and maltesers but nothing compares to swiss miss
      Ohh, pleasseee give me some! It's the perfect drink for this sort of weather. Send me some through the post

Hahah funny you should say that cos' I was on this trip and one of my friends brought a box of swiss miss, and it was half empty by the next morning. Yeah, you've guessed it, it was me

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Red_student)
      I'm drinking swiss miss with marshmallows right now. It's not really expensive is it but it's really nice! I love it It's so sweet and tasty, mmm! I usually prefer food and drink from England but swiss miss is the one thing I adore
      :woo: Swiss Miss is awesome.
      It's kind of pricey in here, but it's worth it. I usually add more some marshmallows too. I eat it with cookies or cake. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
      Godiva Dark Chocolate Hot Chocolate!

ReputationRep:
      Green and Black's is actually bitter...seems to be dark hot chocolate...i prefer chocolaty stuff, but not dark chocolate.
      The best hot chocolate I had in my entire life (keeping in mind im a huge hot choco fan) was Nestle's drinking chocolate. I bought it from Australia, haven't seen it anywhere else :/

ReputationRep:
      I'm currently mixing Cadburys with Milka I would drink Milka straight, but I only have one box and I don't know anywhere it can be bought in England.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Guy Secretan)
      What's the best hot chocolate brand or do you just prefer cocoa?
      Just discovered it last month. Finished a jar of cadburys hot choc in 3 days. starbucks etc are nice.... especially in the cold weather... can't be doing with coffee now!
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      After trying Cafe Nero's "hot chocolate Milano", other hot chocolates (especially powder ones), don't taste so good in comparison.

Never been a huge fan of Cadbury's nor Options hot chocolate, the one by Twinings is mediocre and I've recently purchased some by Spanish chocolate which is meant to be "like drinking chocolate". It's thick, yes, but doesn't taste of anything regardless of how much you put in!

So yes, I'm still on the search for a thick, bittersweet hot chocolate that I can make at home!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.