Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men in the US are being forced to pay child support for kids who are NOT THEIR OWN Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    I wouldn't say so. I'd say it equal on both the parents parts. The real victims are the children and always will be.
    Or in the case of some US states, men and children are the victims.

ReputationRep:
    It's bizarrely hard to find information on this online.

I want to know about the legality of paternity testing. In France you need a court order - and if you try to get a paternity test done through unofficial means, they can throw your ass in jail.

What about elsewhere in the world?

ReputationRep:
    yeah. except it's called the benefits system over here

ReputationRep:
    This is 100% true, in the US if you are married to a women and she cheats on you with another man having his baby; then you WILL have to pay child support. If you don't you will be locked up for a couple of years till you pay it off. Child support is the US is like 30% of your wage as well.

Welcome to America; don't have kids and don't get married unless you can pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    "Oh I was completely wrong? I guess I shouldn't have giggled so stupidly then, should I?"
    Edited your future post to save you the hassle.

ReputationRep:
    :-P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.