Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do some guys take so long to lose their virginity/gain sexual experience? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    yes thats the obvious answer i already knew, thank you very much. WHY will no one have sex with them?
    Well there's probably some sort of sliding scale of looks and personality, so if you're very good looking it probably won't matter if you've not got a great personality. If you are ugly, you may still get someone to sleep with you if you're an amazing person. Then everywhere in between there will just be a balance.

Included within personality is stuff like confidence, so you could be perfectly nice, but if you're shy and not that great looking then you may have trouble with girls.

Also, tbh, it also depends on standards. If you'll sleep with anything then it's not hard to have sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons)
    Because no one will have sex with them?

Isn't that the obvious answer?
    I am the person who negged this btw, just in case you thought it was a bitter male virgin.

ReputationRep:
    Lack of opportunity, and not willing to go for random ****s in clubs. Pretty obvious really.

ReputationRep:
    yes thats the obvious answer i already knew, thank you very much. WHY will no one have sex with them?
    Because, unfortunately for them, the world isn't full of people as generous as yourself (no offense).

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is different. Close thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I am the person who negged this btw, just in case you thought it was a bitter male virgin.
    *shrugs*, the OP apparently thought my answer was the right one. Obviously it was a gross generalisation and there are some (maybe lots) who don't want to shag around, but I think there are a lot of teenage boys who would have sex with any reasonable looking girl if she asked them to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    :facepalm2:
    He's right though. Is it really that hard to admit?

ReputationRep:
    Really........Really you even bother to ask this.

Maybe its because some of us aren't that fussed. If we wanted to go around shagging people for the sake of it, WE WOULD.

It really is people like you who give the whole male race a label for being users and non-caring. May be you could be less of a **** and actually gain some respect at some point in your meaningless life.

ReputationRep:
    i know a small minority might be waiting for the right person. but among guys, this isnt going to really happen. for most guys, they wouldnt turn down the opportunity of getting with a girl.

so guys who take so long to lose their virginity and gain sexual experience, assuming its not because they're waiting for the right person, why does this happen?
    1. Stop assuming men are more sex-driven than women. I know literally hundreds of women, and far more of them are sluts than the men I know. Women fornicate, are driven by lust and also wouldn't "turn down an opportunity."

2. Perhaps fewer men are sluts in general? The way you phrased that question does indirectly portray women as voracious, sexual beings... Think before you write.

3. Why do you think a "small minority" are waiting for the right person? I did. Most of the guys I know waited for the right person, or the person they thought was right for them at the time.

4. If you're a young woman, craving a man with 'experience', then the chances are you're a ****. Young people aren't meant to look for older people with experience; they're meant to have experiences together and learn.

ReputationRep:
    For me though my D*&k is precious and I dont wanna stick it into just anything that walks and has a ''scrambled egg between the legs''.Sorry for the languageAnyway I dont think my parents would approve if I have sex.For some,its just a fear of not living up to expectations.

i know a small minority might be waiting for the right person. but among guys, this isnt going to really happen. for most guys, they wouldnt turn down the opportunity of getting with a girl.

so guys who take so long to lose their virginity and gain sexual experience, assuming its not because they're waiting for the right person, why does this happen?
    Some of us guys just really suck at talking to girls and the lack of a social life doesn't help either. I'm like that.

I'm 21 years old and have never done anything (no kisses, flirting, dates, nothing) with a girl. Not only do I not go out much (or hardly at all to be honest), I just don't know how to talk to girls. Even if I get a chance, I just run out of ideas of things to say and everything stops there.

And it isn't like I'm the most horrible guy around: I do well at uni, I got a job offer for my dream grad job (financial services in London), I'm tall, quite muscular and have a sense of humor. But none of this is of any use if you just don't get out much and lack the skills to talk to a girl. I think its called being "love-shy" or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    "love-shy" or something like that.
    that's such a nice way to put it.

Maybe it's not just the guy's fault... Not all girls will just lower their standard a bit and jump into bed with whoever. I'm outgoing, and so are my friends, but we're obviously discerning about who we'd sleep with. So why should it be different for guys?

Lots of guys are looking for more than a ONS, as are lots of girls. I'm sure most guys could find someone to sleep with, but that does miss the point.

Perhaps you need more faith in guys, that they do have more of a caring nature than just wanting sex. There is more to life and relationships with the opposite sex...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    Because we don't all live on the dole and claim benefits and get girls pregnant to claim council houses.
    MY MAN DUNNOOO reppege action.

ReputationRep:

Woudn't you turn down a girl who looked like a dog? In that case why don't you just **** a dog.

ReputationRep:
    They spend too much time on TSR and not enough chasing these *****es.

There are many guys who feel very insecurely about themselves. I personally have a lot of insecurities. Many of which I have overcome since starting university, others that have remained. I've been told I'm not bad looking, I get on well with girls, well everyone actually. However, I have underlying personal issues that stops me from pursuing any kind of sexual contact with a girl. For me my Penis size is a factor that has weighed heavily on my mind. This, for me, is the basis around all of my other insecurities and hence why I'm still a virgin at 22. This is despite offers and more recently a girl practically throwing herself at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plok)
    He's right though. Is it really that hard to admit?
    Oh please. Guys are 'naturally' the chasers? (no, society tells us that they are, in fact both genders can chase but most women are conditioned into thinking this is unacceptable or desperate). Seriously, this is the view of either a 16 year old or someone incredibly naive. The rest of his post was fine.

ReputationRep:
    Self confidence issues... simple. the minority of men sleep with the majority of women... **** happens. :\

ReputationRep:
    1. They aren't confident enough to close the deal
    2. They aren't very good looking
    3. All of the above

I can't be the only one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Oh please. Guys are 'naturally' the chasers? (no, society tells us that they are, in fact both genders can chase but most women are conditioned into thinking this is unacceptable or desperate). Seriously, this is the view of either a 16 year old or someone incredibly naive. The rest of his post was fine.
    And it was the rest of his post which I agreed with. Although most women are too insecure, sexist or lazy to approach a guy they like.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.