Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No budget ( in reason) - smart-phone ... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamwithers)
    I'd recommend the Orange San Francisco. Get it unlocked and put it on whichever network you use. Unlock codes are about £2 on eBay.

It's £99 (or £89 with a valid NUS code), but you have to buy £10 credit with Orange too.

Android 2.1
    GPS (With Google Sat Nav Software)
    3G+ (HSDPA)
    Wi-Fi
    Really nice 3.5" Touch Screen (480x800 resolution)
    Accelorometer

All the usual stuff you expect to see in a Smart Phone. Only downfall is the 3.2 megapixel camera.

Link

They are also giving out free Christmas gifts with each one ordered this month I think
    Nope unlock it for free here: http://www.itproportal.com/2010/11/1...artphone-free/

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Except its quite under powered compared to higher end smartphones.
    But it's not a 'high end smartphone' If you want that you gotta forkout £400. You wouldn't compare a Wildfire to Desire HD so it's not fair to compare the Orange SF in this case either. You could say for £99 it's vastly overpowered. But it's not totally out of place next to the high end phones either. It does just about everything at a fraction of the price. The screen is fantastic and makes it a worthwile purchase alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    Blub blub blub. Funnily enough, I'm not convinced by you phone nerds. There seems to be an exponentially increasing number of you these days, you sad feckers - always so defensive and fanboyish about a 3.7" screen in your pocket... get a life tbh. This is why I have also stopped reading Engadget.

I remember the days when a phone was a phone and nobody could care less, now it's a deadly clash of the nerds pretty much every time a new model comes out.
    You're about 20. Stop waxing lyrical about the "good old days".

Maybe you're just confused about all these new fancy-phones. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    Blub blub blub. Funnily enough, I'm not convinced by you phone nerds. There seems to be an exponentially increasing number of you these days, you sad feckers - always so defensive and fanboyish about a 3.7" screen in your pocket... get a life tbh. This is why I have also stopped reading Engadget.

I remember the days when a phone was a phone and nobody could care less, now it's a deadly clash of the nerds pretty much every time a new model comes out.
    I love it when people realise they are wrong, and decide to be rude to people to avoid it! haha

Dont get me wrong, I hate fanboy's. But what you said about HTC is simply wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.