Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got a date with the girl I like! How do I act? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Play it cool, be polite and think of some conversation topics in advance if things dry up.

We'll be with you every step of the way

http://www.udel.edu/physics/scen103/...onControl1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Don't talk about past relationships (personally I find this to be the worse thing to do on dates ><), don't be afraid of physical contact, (not THAT kind of contact, but you shouldn't be afraid of THAT either). AND LISTEN TO WHAT SHE'S SAYING!!! Tatoo it on the inner side of your eyelids.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't read any of the other advice, but i was in a similar situation recently...
    Just take it easy, don't 'plan' to make a move or anything, that'll just make you more awkward. If an opportunity arises to kiss her or something, go for it. But other than that, act as if you're hanging out with a friend or whatever.

Just play it cool.

ReputationRep:
    1.)don't wash for a few days before
    2.)invest in a wifebeater
    3.)use cheap lager instead of deodorant

She won't be able to resist; you can thank me later.

ReputationRep:
    Act sane.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend to listen to her (just nod and say yeah)

ReputationRep:
    If you seriously need help on how to act then you shouldn't be asking girls out on dates.

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself, surely as she said yes to a date with you shows that she likes you for YOU.
    Edit: Why would i get a negative rating for this?

ReputationRep:
    Try and find things you have in common, maybe bands, tv, films etc, and talk about them. Just relax, don't get pished, and don't talk about yourself too much. Also, don't try it on too quickly and get too touchy feely all the time Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, mention the multiple personality disorder...chicks dig that ****.

ReputationRep:
    don't talk non stop about your every achievement in life trying to impress her.
    don't talk about anything serious just normal every day meaningless chatter.
    stare at her but not in a creepy way, just to really let her know that you like her.
    ask her questions and pay attention to what she says to see if you actually find her interesting.
    open doors and stuff. also stand up every time she gets up, people don't do it in Britain now a days but it will surprise her in a good way and it will be memorable.
    at the end of the date walk her home/bus stop/taxi and kiss her on the CHEEK! be a gentleman don't make her think that you just want some.
    good luck, let us know how it goes!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.