Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    Already added you from the other thread
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeeeeeeeee for Maths Almost definitely firming it unless I have a change of heart

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone...
    Do you guys get offer letter sent by post(after track update)??? or just update on track??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzy-joe)
    Hello everyone...
    Do you guys get offer letter sent by post(after track update)??? or just update on track??
    I got my offer in the post (Compsci) and a track update a couple of days after that. JMCers seem to have had a track update only though, so I think it varies by department...

ReputationRep:
    Aeronautical engineering! 38 overall of IB with 7s in Maths and physics

Since I got rejected by Oxford, Imperial will be my first choice :badger:

Has anyone got an offer for Mechanical engineering? I applied for that subject as well but haven't heard anything yet..

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer in the post (Compsci) and a track update a couple of days after that. JMCers seem to have had a track update only though, so I think it varies by department...
    I got an email from UCAS first about two weeks ago.... and still haven't got any letter or email from imperial

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay..thank you..
    just wondering if it's only me
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oleahi)
    I got an email from UCAS first about two weeks ago.... and still haven't got any letter or email from imperial
    Congrats on your Oxbridge rejection! There are a fair few of us here already...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oleahi)
    Umm me neither
    All sudden track got updated....no email from Imperial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bzzz)
    Meeeeeeeeeeee for Maths Almost definitely firming it unless I have a change of heart
    Do you prefer Imperial to Oxford? Why?
    (I ask this because I'm in almost the same situation)

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your Oxbridge rejection! There are a fair few of us here already...
    Woooo hello
    What subject did you apply for??

Imperial is much better in terms of science subjects, especially in engineering so I don't really mind being rejected To be honest, I thought I would get an offer from Oxford and a rejection from Imperial... (or was I so wrong?)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for biochem yet, because I'm still waiting for mine... :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomMcCarthy)
    Do you prefer Imperial to Oxford? Why?
    (I ask this because I'm in almost the same situation)
    Mainly because I'd rather be in London and I feel like I'd have a better student experience there (but it's Imperial so who knows ). What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bzzz)
    Mainly because I'd rather be in London and I feel like I'd have a better student experience there (but it's Imperial so who knows ). What about you?
    Shockingly I too much, much prefer Imperial to Oxford. I recieved a conditional offer for Chemistry at Imperial last week, and also have an interview at Oxford. Part of me secretly hopes Oxford rejects me, because if they say yes I have one hell of a choice to make. Imperial's location is beautiful, and the university itself is currently ranked 9th in the entire world. I felt so at home at Imperial whereas at Oxford the feeling wasn't quite the same. The only thing that would concern me would be that I wouldn't have "the oxford name" so to speak. But in saying that, the "imperial name" is still really quite formidable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajolli)
    Shockingly I too much, much prefer Imperial to Oxford. I recieved a conditional offer for Chemistry at Imperial last week, and also have an interview at Oxford. Part of me secretly hopes Oxford rejects me, because if they say yes I have one hell of a choice to make. Imperial's location is beautiful, and the university itself is currently ranked 9th in the entire world. I felt so at home at Imperial whereas at Oxford the feeling wasn't quite the same. The only thing that would concern me would be that I wouldn't have "the oxford name" so to speak. But in saying that, the "imperial name" is still really quite formidable

Ditto on the secret rejection feeling; it would be really hard to turn down an Oxford offer so I'm hoping I don't have to, but there's another part of me that wants to know I'm good enough to go there. And yeah, Imperial's really nice, and I'm familiar with London and really like it there. I'm not really bothered about reputation as Imperial has a great one, especially with employers in sciencey fields I'm guessing (would Oxford be better? no idea).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bzzz)
    it means I get to be a student in LANDAAN!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for making the thread, here is the list of people I know to have offers:
    You can add me, I got an offer

Pretty high grades though, A* in Maths and As in FM, Physics and Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Woop I got an unconditional from Imperial for maths, probably will end up going there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qiaoyu.he)
    Anyone got an offer for biochem yet, because I'm still waiting for mine... :'(
    no not yet do you know has anyone got it?

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget me
    I got an offer for EEE.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.