Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would but I can't.

ReputationRep:
    I want to, but I'm not heavy enough :/. I'm healthy in every other way, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    The would only waste it on booze.
    Or drugs.

Lazy *******s should go out and get a job.

ReputationRep:
    Petrified of needles (had to have 2 blood tests a day for 2 weeks when i was younger) but gave blood once, now have had to wait 2 years due to visiting certain countries and 6 months because of my tattoo - but once that's done i'll be off again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazmine)
    I want to donate, just haven't done it yet - 'cause I'm lame. However, I was looking into it two days ago, in fact. That and donating bone marrow (which sounds painful..). I'm apparently of the blood type O-, so I really should if that's true.

Hm, so yeah, should try and see if my blood is awesome enough (probably anaemic, low sugar levels and all this crap though) and, if it is, well, I should start giving it regularly. =) Have to see where I can go to do that...

Also. I want to get on the organ donor list. I wish we just had an automatic one like in France. Meh!
    We're blood buddies! :five:

I donated for the second time last week. I really don't mind it, although it always seems unorganised for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    The whole visiting nice holiday destinations which happen to be in malaria zones bars me from donating blood. Seeing as I go on holiday twice a year, and am barred for 6 months at a time I can't ever give blood.

ReputationRep:
    REALLY REALLY WANT TO
    but i dont weigh enough!!
    does anyone know if i can get around this restriction? im healthy just little lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singularity)
    I want to, but I'm not heavy enough :/. I'm healthy in every other way, though.
    SAME!
    so annoying!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Apparently a nasty chesty cough means you can't give blood so I'm donating as soon as I've got rid of this cold

Petrified of needles, but I'm helping someone else by donating.

ReputationRep:
    I've not been in ages.

I've done it twice and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

ReputationRep:
    Next time they're in my area, I'm gonna go donate
    Used to hate needles but I've done a lot of manning up recently Haven't been able to do it for the past year because I've been full of drugs, for medical reasons... but next time they can have my blood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazmine)
    I want to donate, just haven't done it yet - 'cause I'm lame. However, I was looking into it two days ago, in fact. That and donating bone marrow (which sounds painful..). I'm apparently of the blood type O-, so I really should if that's true.

Hm, so yeah, should try and see if my blood is awesome enough (probably anaemic, low sugar levels and all this crap though) and, if it is, well, I should start giving it regularly. =) Have to see where I can go to do that...

Also. I want to get on the organ donor list. I wish we just had an automatic one like in France. Meh!
    http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/Consent.do <
    Do it!
    I've always wanted to be an organ donor but me being lazy, I never got round to doing until last year. Just sign up, it takes minutes, then you get a nice shiny card through the post.

ReputationRep:
    I already do. I've done it twice now and yes, it's really rewarding, not a bit painful so definitely worth it when you think what your blood has the potential of doing.

I also want to get on the bone marrow donor list as soon as I'm 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    REALLY REALLY WANT TO
    but i dont weigh enough!!
    does anyone know if i can get around this restriction? im healthy just little lol
    Only by gaining some weight

ReputationRep:
    I donated 3 times when I was a medical assistant in the army, even-though I was (and still am) underweight.

I wish I could donate and not fake my weight... I know it is a bit dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Only by gaining some weight
    thats no fair
    its impossible! lol
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    thats no fair
    its impossible! lol
    Wear very heavy clothing on the day :dontknow:

How much do you need to gain?

ReputationRep:
    thats no fair
    its impossible! lol
    Indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Wear very heavy clothing on the day :dontknow:

How much do you need to gain?
    7 stone 7 ish
    it goes up and down though but not by much
    need to be 7 Stone 12 i think

ReputationRep:
    I have been before, once I had an incomplete donation (needle clogged) and the second time they couldn't find a vein

I'm going to lose some weight first and then try again. I'm A+ so not rare, still would like to donate though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.