The Student Room Group

What did you get in your Mocks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got 10 As. (There were no A*s in mocks). I got 7 A*s and 3 As in the real thing. I really would advise working for your mocks - the people who did the best were those who revised for their mocks, instead of leaving it until the last minute. :smile:
4 A*s, 1 A, 1 B.

Not too fussed, because the A was one UMS point off an A* and the B was six UMS points off an A (maths :nothing: )
Reply 22
3A* 3As and a B. Not had any others back yet, but I suppose those were the easiest to mark, English does take some time.
(edited 13 years ago)
I've not had them all back yet because the last week of school was closed due to snow.

I didn't do well at all. I got an A in English, a B in science and an A in the first half of my sociology paper. I need the rest of my sociology back and my history paper.

Has everyone else done mocks in every subject? :/
Reply 24
I was quite contented with my results.

English Language - B (missed out on an A because I didn't finish). :frown:
Additional Science - A
History - C
Maths - C (Foundation)
Graphics Products - C
Science Core - B
Geography - C (No mock by the way. The results are from the real examinations last year. I was one mark short from a B, which I'm quite disappointed about; but I'm still nonchalant about it as it's still a good mark).
Art - D (Didn't finish)
TCS - E (Made a *huge* mistake. Tried to do all of the questions when I was only supposed to do three for each section lol).
I haven't got mine yet, but I am really hoping that I get A* in English Literature, Maths, Law, RE, Citizenship and Physics.

:colondollar: I'm just praying that I do well to be honest :smile:
English Literature - B
Statistics- A
Additional Science - A*
Psychology - A*
Economics - A*
Geography - A*
R.E - A*

Nothing to worry about, there is a fair bit of pressure on mocks; but teachers just want to know they're doing their job justice and ensuring that you get top marks.

Mock exams are a good way to revise for you're upcoming exams as they enable you to highlight the flaws you have with the syllabus so you can rectify those flaws.
Last year I got a B in Spanish- A* in the real, C in maths (C in the real, but re-sitting it). This year I got a B in English (will find out about the real one in January). The others haven't been marked yet.
Reply 28
I am currently redoing English Language and Maths.

English papers i have done have yeilded C, B and A*.
Maths papers i have done have yielded B and B.

Overall i am pleased, got D and C respectively in the real thing, though that was coursework related as well as lacking any revision.
I failed my Child Development mock, got an A in the real thing.
I failed my Geography mock, got a C in the real thing.
I failed my RE mock, got an A in the real thing.
I got an A in my Food Tech mock, got a D in the real thing.
No mocks for Maths, Chemistry, Bio and Physics, got A, A, A, A* respectively.
Got a C and D in Eng Lit and Lang respectively, got B and C in real thing.
ICT no mock, no exam, pure coursework. 2 A*s.
I got an A in my French mocks, as did a couple of others. I was the only one in my year to get an A overall, even though others got As in most other units.

Moral of the story: Chances are, your mock grade isn't going to reflect the real thing. If you do badly, don't worry; just try harder in the real thing. If you do well, don't get smug, revise anyway. Unlike I did.
Mocks doesn't mean anything at all. I got straight Cs back in the days and ended up getting at least 1 grade higher in all the subjects, and some 3 grades higher. As long as you get Cs or above you should have no problem getting into Sixth Form if that is what you want to do.
Reply 31
Just to let you know, the mocks could turn out to be very important. A girl in my year fell really ill during the actual GCSE exams so couldn't do a lot of them, and I'm pretty sure they ended up using her mock grades as real in the end.
Reply 32
I get my results on 'mock results day' on 27th Jan... I wait with bated breath...

It's gonna be shocking.
Reply 33
8a*s and an A...I revised for about a week in the xmas holidays (they happened straight after we got back) then completely lost motivation and did next to nothing for the next 2 weeks. I wished I'd tried a bit harder because it was difficult to tell my real problem areas when I knew I didn't try that hard...I felt like the real ones were 100x worse and was annoyed considering I'd actually revised for those but in the end I came away with 10A*s (still not quite sure how). But try hard in them because it will really highlight what you need to work on and you'll have a lot less work when it comes to the real ones :smile:
Reply 34
Last Year I got
History - B
Geography - C
English - A
RE - B
French - A and C
Grpahics - D
Reply 35
^^^^^
Predicted A/A*s if it helps and i'm vaguely on track
E in History, A in IT, I think B's and C's in the three Sciences, just short of a B in German, B in Geography. That's all I can remember of the top of my head.
Reply 37
Original post by Rakas21
I am currently redoing English Language and Maths.

English papers i have done have yeilded C, B and A*.
Maths papers i have done have yielded B and B.

Overall i am pleased, got D and C respectively in the real thing, though that was coursework related as well as lacking any revision.

I have my OCR English exam on monday, so looking forward to it. Got my mock result back yesterday which yielded A* in Q1, A in Q2 and C in Q3, and was an A overall.

Planning to do a few Q3's tommorow (my writing is too formal) and also work on timing issues. Very good chance i will get an A, hoping for an A*.
Reply 38
english lit - B
maths - B
bio - B
chem - B
physics - B
geography - A
Reply 39
Hello OP,
I achieved an A* A A B B our mock exams were disrupted by the weather so a lot of them were not completed.

Good luck everyone for your GCSE exams.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest